Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Scream Four Movie Set Coming From Anchor Bay, Possibly September

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Scream Four Movie Set Coming From Anchor Bay, Possibly September

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-11, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Re: Scream Four Movie Set Coming From Anchor Bay, Possibly September

I'm happy with the R2 Japanese DVD I have, but I would definitely pick up the trilogy if the price was right
Old 01-12-11, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Day one purchase for me. I'm looking forward to finally seeing this movie in anamorphic widescreen finally! Now bring on Shakespeare in Love and I will be a happy camper.
Old 01-13-11, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I swear I will buy this up immediately. I only wish parts 1 through 3 would have come out in April to coincide with the release of part 4, but sadly it's another title I'll have to wait for all year
Old 01-13-11, 12:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Really? Isn't it only like 20 seconds of footage? Hardly a deal breaker, if so.
The film still works in either version and the cuts are not that drastic. However I do think the cuts near the ending ruin the impact a tad, especially the kitchen scene even if it's only a couple seconds cut here and there. The cuts stand out after seeing the uncut version a few times over the years. But if no other version is available, I wouldn't ignore the R version since the film still works, and only the ending am I a bit annoyed by the cuts, while the rest of the additions are not that noticeable.

However I remember reading an article in Fangoria at the time discussing the MPAA issues with the film, and Craven mentioned they had to also tone down the audio on the film for being 'to intense'. But I don't recall him mentioning this in the commentary at all, though I haven't listened to the entire thing I admit. Yet whether the audio was tampered with or not in the theatrical version. I was quite impressed by the audio on the uncut laserdisc compared to the theatrical release, vhs and dvd releases I had seen.
Old 01-13-11, 12:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind
Meh, just buy the Canadian set and sell it off before the US set is released.
I thought 2 & 3 were cropped to 1.78:1
Old 01-13-11, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Hmm. Ok. So let's hope Anchor Bay does not fuck up. Why the new Dimension would go with them is beyond me but probably not a whole lot of studios want to distribute the films. Sony must be hurting if they didn't renew (or decided not to) and sold off a lot of catalog to the little studio Image.
The Weinsteins don't want another studio distributing their titles. They owned shares in Genius Products until they took a dive and their brief partnership with Vivendi was to make sure their titles were still on the market in some way.
Old 02-01-11, 06:20 AM

Yes here's hoping Anchor Bay uses this opportunity to get a lot of the non-anamorphic dvd's out on Blu. We NEED From Dusk Till Dawn SE with Full Tilt Boogie, The Faculty, Phantoms, Haloween H20, Haloween 6, Director's Cut of Spy Kids.
Old 02-01-11, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdmrp
Yes here's hoping Anchor Bay uses this opportunity to get a lot of the non-anamorphic dvd's out on Blu. We NEED From Dusk Till Dawn SE with Full Tilt Boogie, The Faculty, Phantoms, Haloween H20, Haloween 6, Director's Cut of Spy Kids.
It would be nice to get BDs for those films especially Halloween H20, From Dusk Till Dawn and The Faculty.
Old 02-01-11, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Monkees
I thought 2 & 3 were cropped to 1.78:1
Nope all 3 films in the canadian set are OAR
Old 02-01-11, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
It would be nice to get BDs for those films especially Halloween H20, From Dusk Till Dawn and The Faculty.
All three of those are available on BD in Canada and you can get them at Amazon.ca for relatively cheap even with shipping. I have them all and they are actually pretty nice transfers. Halloween H20 is part of a triple pack BD that that also includes Halloween 6 and Halloween Resurrection.
Old 02-01-11, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by matome
All three of those are available on BD in Canada and you can get them at Amazon.ca for relatively cheap even with shipping. I have them all and they are actually pretty nice transfers. Halloween H20 is part of a triple pack BD that that also includes Halloween 6 and Halloween Resurrection.
I'll wait to see what the US versions offer. If you're patient, Anchor Bay titles tend to go down in price within a couple of months of release.
Old 02-13-11, 10:05 AM

Isn't SCREAM 1-3 being distributed on blu-ray in the US by Lionsgate (NOT ANCHOR BAY)?

Quote from news article on bluray.com:
"While commenting on the distribution agreement just announced between Miramax, Lionsgate and Studiocanal, Miramax CEO Mike Lang revealed that upcoming titles include all three films in the Scream franchise, tying in with the theatrical release of Scream 4 (due out April 15). Pulp Fiction, in turn, will come out in June."
Old 02-13-11, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Have the first SCREAM on LD uncut with the excellent commentary. The sequels are best forgotten.
Old 02-13-11, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by indiephantom
Have the first SCREAM on LD uncut with the excellent commentary. The sequels are best forgotten.
I thought Scream 2 was pretty good, actually.

Originally Posted by RickWJ324
Isn't SCREAM 1-3 being distributed on blu-ray in the US by Lionsgate (NOT ANCHOR BAY)?

Quote from news article on bluray.com:
"While commenting on the distribution agreement just announced between Miramax, Lionsgate and Studiocanal, Miramax CEO Mike Lang revealed that upcoming titles include all three films in the Scream franchise, tying in with the theatrical release of Scream 4 (due out April 15). Pulp Fiction, in turn, will come out in June."
At the time, in January when it was announced that TWC bought shares into Anchor Bay, I guess it was thought it would be, though in the OP it never really says so, just that the fourth movie would be distributed by Anchor Bay on home video.
Old 02-13-11, 06:44 PM

I have the original trilogy on DVD, the Asian UNCUT dvd of Scream 1, the German blu-ray trilogy, and the Canadian trilogy on blu-ray! I guess if the new set offers something different (better transfers, extras, etc) I'll dip again...
Old 02-13-11, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Users on Blu-ray.com (if you can trust that as a source) are suggesting the first thee Scream movies will be released together in a Blu-ray set this April.
Old 02-13-11, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GenPion
Users on Blu-ray.com (if you can trust that as a source) are suggesting the first thee Scream movies will be released together in a Blu-ray set this April.
Mike Lang, CEO of Miramax, has said they're trying to get a box set released by Lionsgate out in April in time for the theatrical release of Scream 4.
Old 02-13-11, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Mike Lang, CEO of Miramax, has said they're trying to get a box set released by Lionsgate out in April in time for the theatrical release of Scream 4.
Thank you for that information! No one had mentioned that (as far as I could tell) in the discussions. It must have been mentioned in a news item.
Old 02-13-11, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wes Craven has tweeted about it, too. Sounds real enough.

--THX
Old 02-14-11, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,893 Posts

I'm only interested in having the first Scream on blu-ray. The other two have little replay value for me and my old anamorphic DVDs are good enough. I'll likely pass on a boxed set of all three if that's the only way it's going to be available.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 02-14-11 at 01:43 AM.
Old 02-14-11, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by matome
Id rather get punched repeatedly in the testicles than double dip on Resurrection.
Old 02-19-11, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pre-orders and cover art are up on Amazon. At the moment, they're only available as individual titles. No box set planned (as of yet).

I'm going to assume:
1. No unrated cut of Scream.
2. If any bonus materials make it to the disc, it'll be those already available on the Collector's Series DVDs.

Bah. The new owners of Miramax are probably going to suck more than the Weinsteins.
Old 02-19-11, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can bet you $20 right now that documentary will be its own release.
Old 02-19-11, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I'm only interested in having the first Scream on blu-ray. The other two have little replay value for me and my old anamorphic DVDs are good enough. I'll likely pass on a boxed set of all three if that's the only way it's going to be available.
Ditto.
Old 02-19-11, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Pre-orders and cover art are up on Amazon. At the moment, they're only available as individual titles.

Good. Hopefully they'll still release a full-blown set for the franchise's fans, but I'm glad us casual folks have the option of a single release (and currently at $20 list).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.