Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-10, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

So let me get this straight...

The BB exclusive disc that comes with Season 6 on Blu-ray is the same as the bonus disc included in the complete series set.

However, the BB exclusive disc that comes with Season 6 on SD DVD is the actual BB disc with the features listed on the back of the sleeve.

As someone who wouldn't buy the whole series again just for a bonus disc, I'm incredibly happy that I was able to get it with Season 6 on Blu-ray.
Old 08-24-10, 04:06 PM
M&J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mee too!!
Old 08-24-10, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The f"N confusion over the bonus discs is almost as confusing as the unanswered questions within the show.

"I want some friggin' answers!"
Old 08-24-10, 04:15 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric D.

The BB exclusive disc that comes with Season 6 on Blu-ray is the same as the bonus disc included in the complete series set.

However, the BB exclusive disc that comes with Season 6 on SD DVD is the actual BB disc with the features listed on the back of the sleeve.

As someone who wouldn't buy the whole series again just for a bonus disc, I'm incredibly happy that I was able to get it with Season 6 on Blu-ray.
Originally Posted by DthRdrX
The f"N confusion over the bonus discs is almost as confusing as the unanswered questions within the show.

"I want some friggin' answers!"
Eric pretty much nailed it.
Old 08-24-10, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Eric D.

The only correction I'll give is that the Best Buy bonus disc that comes with the Season 6 Blu-ray is a DVD. It sounds like the complete collector's edition is a Blu-ray. Eh well, I'm happy just to have the content...
Old 08-24-10, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Different SKU on the Best Buy version of Lost Season 6 also.. but when you open it.. the Best Buy Slipcover is over the actual set Slipcover. So double Slipcover. The bonus disc is firmly attached to the BB cover. So if you want to keep the shrink wrap on the Cover's Cover, you won't be able to get out the DVD.

Don't know if it is the one the BB bonus or the same bonus in the Complete Collection... but yes Bonus Disc for Lost Season 6 on BD is a DVD. Same as on the DVD. Just so everyone knows..
Old 08-24-10, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

More on the Best Buy Exclusive Disc Easter Eggs from Blu-Ray.com's forum from member Alpha:

1st Menu

- Go to Artifacts of the Island and hit left once - Little short about the lighthouse with Jorge
- Go to Artifacts of the Island and hit right once - Josh, Evie and Jorge messing around
- Go to Planet LOST and hit right once - Message from Damon to the fans
- Go to Planet LOST and hit left once - Different backgrounds with "L O S T" set in front (pretty awesome...my fav.)
- Go to Swan Song and hit left once - Damon conducting at the recording studio
- Go to Swan Song and hit right once - Inside LOST Live (final time all the stars are together)
- Go to the bottom arrow (pointing right) and hit down once - Mr. Clucks ad with Hurley

2nd Menu

- Go to LOST on Location and hit left once - Dom and Josh watching the Driveshaft music video
- Go to Deleted Scenes and hit right once, then down - Malcolm's thumb war history with Jack Bender
- Go to Deleted Scenes and hit left once, then up - Sayid laughing at "himself"
- Go to Setup and hit right once, then up - Daniel in a helicopter giving a small tour
Old 08-24-10, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Ok, I'm confused as fuck. I bought the Blu-Ray S6 at Best Buy today, but you're telling me that if I want the real BB bonus disc I would need to buy the regular DVD set?
Old 08-24-10, 04:52 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Ok, I'm confused as fuck. I bought the Blu-Ray S6 at Best Buy today, but you're telling me that if I want the real BB bonus disc I would need to buy the regular DVD set?
yes.
Old 08-24-10, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What a bunch of bullshit.
Oh well fuck it, I'm done spending money on this show.
Old 08-24-10, 05:03 PM

Do you already have the complete series set? If not, I would think the bonus disc you have is far superior to the other one. It's much longer and has more features.
Old 08-24-10, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No, I bought the Blu-Ray sets as they were released.
Old 08-24-10, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For what it's worth, i think the bonus disc you got is a lot better than Best Buy's specific bonus disc...
Old 08-24-10, 05:59 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Just to clarify for everyone, the BB exclusive disc that comes with the bluray does not have all of the special features that the complete collection contains. At the same time, it does contain all of the features from the previous BB exclusive discs....

I plan on writing to Disney to try and get the proper bluray disc. As someone who plans to buy the complete collection anyway, having a SD disc with only half of the bonus features it includes doesn't do much for me.
Old 08-24-10, 06:06 PM
Banned

So should I go to Best Buy and exchange my set or ask for the real bonus disc? I opened my BD set and got the complete collection exclusive disc.
Old 08-24-10, 06:22 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by dx23
So should I go to Best Buy and exchange my set or ask for the real bonus disc? I opened my BD set and got the complete collection exclusive disc.
It's not like Best Buy is going to have a stock pile of them. They were shipped with the wrong discs. I even got the wrong one up here in Canada from Walmart. Its something Disney/ABC will have to rectify, unfortunately.
Old 08-24-10, 06:26 PM
Banned

Then who do we contact to get the correct disc?
Old 08-24-10, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
Then who do we contact to get the correct disc?
I would gladly trade discs with you. I have the proper Best Buy bonus disc that came with the dvd set. PM me if interested.
Old 08-24-10, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by atheon crutch
Just to clarify for everyone, the BB exclusive disc that comes with the bluray does not have all of the special features that the complete collection contains. At the same time, it does contain all of the features from the previous BB exclusive discs....

I plan on writing to Disney to try and get the proper bluray disc. As someone who plans to buy the complete collection anyway, having a SD disc with only half of the bonus features it includes doesn't do much for me.
I don't think the Best Buy bonus disc is supposed to be a Blu-ray disc. The cover on the back is labeled as "Exclusive DVD Bonus Disc."
Old 08-24-10, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bleddyn Williams
I can confirms that this was the case with mine too, bought in Burlington MA this morning. On the disc itself it says "Lost Complete Sixth Season", "Exclusive Bonus Disc".

It doesnt say "Best Buy" amywhere on the disc, but if it was actually the bonus disc from the Complete Collection, it wouldn't have Season 6 written on it, would it? It sounds like the Best Buy disc might have been changed at the 11th hour.
Correct. This is clearly pressed as a separate disc. That said, I have compared the press release for the complete collection with the contents of this bonus disc (having purchased the Best Buy Blu-ray exclusive upon this news) and the ONLY FEATURE missing appears to be the short comedic feature about all the characters who have died over the years of Lost. EVERYTHING ELSE MENTIONED IS INCLUDED. It makes me wonder if that one feature wasn't even on the complete series set. And, as others have mentioned, the disc has all the bonus materials from previous Best Buy exclusive discs making this an all around awesome buy. I could not be happier. (Well, technically, a Blu-ray would have been better than a DVD but I'm SO much happier with this tha that complete series set!)

From reports I've heard though the DVD edition only has the features listed on the box. But that shouldn't affect those of us wanting the Blu-ray.

I just wanted to chime in to add to those saying how great it is to get this set and get these bonus materials! I am so happy right now it's unbelievable. I was so angry at Disney too for what felt like totally screwing us over with this release, but this really makes up for that in my eyes. It may bother others but for those of us looking to just complete our collection this is the way to do it.
Old 08-24-10, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

They should have made the fucking "exclusive" disc available to us that have invested all along anyways. So maybe this is karma finally biting the tit squeezing studios in the ass.
Old 08-24-10, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I should also add that the set comes with a manufacturers coupon for $10 off one of the following sets:

Cougar Town: Season One
Ugly Betty: Season 4 (Final Season)
Lost (Blu-ray or DVD): Season 6 (Final Season)
Brothers and Sisters: Season 4
Flashforward: Complete Series
Grey's Anatomy: Season 6
Private Practice: Season 3
Castle: Season 2
Desperate Housewives: Season 6
Scrubs: Season 9 (Med School Season)

It expires at the end of the year.
Old 08-24-10, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just a question concerning the complete series set. Does the way the discs are packaged make them prone to scratches like The Shield set?
Old 08-24-10, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

OK, based on the Blu-ray.com review of the complete collection...

This DVD disc in the Best Buy release has everything, EXCEPT, a "Best of Lost Podcasts" which has many audio only podcasts included. That is sort of disappointing to find out but not a deal breaker for me, especially considering you can get those online easily enough.
Old 08-24-10, 09:44 PM

Did anybody get a booklet with their Season 6? Mind was empty except for some marketing gibberish.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.