Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Old 08-24-10, 10:52 AM
  #126  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 353
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X View Post
Is the Best Buy version of Season 6 half the thickness of the other seasons? Or is it the same as previous seasons?
Half the thickness. The Best Buy version just has a second slipcover that has a pocket for the bonus disc.
ASAPadam is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 10:57 AM
  #127  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,511
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by ASAPadam View Post
Half the thickness. The Best Buy version just has a second slipcover that has a pocket for the bonus disc.
Thanks for the quick response.
Anubis2005X is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 12:22 PM
  #128  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Billerica MA
Posts: 763
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by ASAPadam View Post
This makes me happy -- the bonus DVD that came with my Sixth Season Blu-ray set from Best Buy appears to be the same bonus disc included in the Complete Collection (and not the disc described on the outside of the packaging, which was supposed to have only 20 minutes of features including "Chicken Heaven" and "Sayid vs. Dogen").

The disc has the Letting Go, props, Planet Lost and Swan Song features, Lost Slapdowns, deleted scenes and more! Glad I got the disc without having to buy the complete series set!
I can confirms that this was the case with mine too, bought in Burlington MA this morning. On the disc itself it says "Lost Complete Sixth Season", "Exclusive Bonus Disc".

It doesnt say "Best Buy" amywhere on the disc, but if it was actually the bonus disc from the Complete Collection, it wouldn't have Season 6 written on it, would it? It sounds like the Best Buy disc might have been changed at the 11th hour.
Bleddyn Williams is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 12:55 PM
  #129  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 57,236
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by Bleddyn Williams View Post
I can confirms that this was the case with mine too, bought in Burlington MA this morning. On the disc itself it says "Lost Complete Sixth Season", "Exclusive Bonus Disc".

It doesnt say "Best Buy" amywhere on the disc, but if it was actually the bonus disc from the Complete Collection, it wouldn't have Season 6 written on it, would it? It sounds like the Best Buy disc might have been changed at the 11th hour.
Does it have New Man in Town on it?
Michael Corvin is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 12:58 PM
  #130  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Does it have New Man in Town on it?
Thats the 12 minute epilogue with Hurley right? Pretty sure thats in the season set itself. It's included with every season 6 set.
vmars is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 01:13 PM
  #131  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Maxflier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,694
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Went to BB on my lunch hour because I didn't want to take a chance of missing out on the bonus disc. They didn't have any shirts at the store I went to, though. I want a damn Oceanic shirt.
Maxflier is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 01:30 PM
  #132  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,238
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

did anyone get this for $37.99 since the pic on Best Buy.com shows the Blu-ray picture for the DVD description? would they do a pm with something like that?
OldBoy is online now  
Old 08-24-10, 01:50 PM
  #133  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Butler, PA
Posts: 196
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

So it seems like the hidden disc included with the Complete Collection compiles the deleted scenes that were on the S3 Wal-Mart disc and the S5 Best Buy disc making all of the retailer exclusives moot since S1 & S2 BB exclusive content was rolled into the Blu-ray releases. Thus, making this a true CC on Br?
Here's the menu courtesy iam1bearcat via Blu-ray.com:
Spoiler:
1. Letting Go: Reflections of a Six Year Journey
2. Artifacts of the Island: Inside the LOST Prop House
3. Planet Lost
4. Swan Song: Orchestrating the Final Moments of LOST
5. Lost on Location
6. The Lost Slapdowns - 16
7. Deleted Scenes - options are for seasons 3 & 5 (season three has 2, season five has 5)
8. More from the Series
9. The Best of the LOST Podcasts


Then in a strange twist, the Best Buy S6 Bonus disc is the same(?) as the Complete Collection hidden disc only it is a DVD, even with the Blu-ray set.
Here's the menu courtesy Alpha via Blu-ray.com:
Spoiler:
- Letting Go: Reflections of a six-year journey
- Artifacts of the island: Inside the LOST prop house
- Planet LOST
- Swan Song: Orchestrating the final moments of LOST
- LOST on Location (Season 3: Cost of Living, Enter 77, D.O.C. | Season 4: Eggtown | Season 5: This Place is Death, 316)
- The LOST Slapdowns (1-16)
- Deleted Scenes (Season 3: Handcuffs, Surprise Inside | Season 5: Would Theresa Know?, Shallow Graves, Window Talk, Hunting, Worth the Risk)
- More From the Series (Season 4: Regina's Jump, Rat Maze, Ben's Door, Hurling Hurley, Building the Bomb | Season 5: Ben vs. Desmond, Locke's Leg, Rose & Bernard's Retirement, Jeep Escape, Others' Secrets, Radzinsky at the Flame, Sun and Jin's Wedding)
D'ohboy is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 01:56 PM
  #134  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 1,501
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

So the packaging says it is the 20 minute disc, but the disc itself says something else?

Went over lunch and didn't get it because the cardboard sleeve that hold the bonus disc talks about some feature with doogan and dr. linus goes to school or something like that. Is that what everyone else's has on the disc sleeve but the disc is different?
SoonerDoc is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 02:01 PM
  #135  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 39,503
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

So did anyone here get the complete blu-ray set? Is it dead sexy? Have you fondled yourself with it?
slop101 is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 02:06 PM
  #136  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,238
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

now, does anyone know if the standard DVD Season 6 set has the same exclusive bonus disc (Complete Collection bonus disc) as the Blu-ray version?
OldBoy is online now  
Old 08-24-10, 02:06 PM
  #137  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Butler, PA
Posts: 196
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc View Post
So the packaging says it is the 20 minute disc, but the disc itself says something else?

Went over lunch and didn't get it because the cardboard sleeve that hold the bonus disc talks about some feature with doogan and dr. linus goes to school or something like that. Is that what everyone else's has on the disc sleeve but the disc is different?
That's what's being reported.
Last minute switch-up?
Which makes you wonder; what became and where can you find the Dogun and Linus footage...
D'ohboy is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 02:09 PM
  #138  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Butler, PA
Posts: 196
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by scott1598 View Post
now, does anyone know if the standard DVD Season 6 set has the same exclusive bonus disc (Complete Collection bonus disc) as the Blu-ray version?
Ha! My head gonna splode!
D'ohboy is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 02:41 PM
  #139  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Anyknow know if the Lost BD set is SEALED inside of the BB Exclusive? You can't tell from the outside because of the slipcover...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 03:00 PM
  #140  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Anyknow know if the Lost BD set is SEALED inside of the BB Exclusive? You can't tell from the outside because of the slipcover...
The DVD set is, so I'm guessing the BD is as well.
vmars is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 03:08 PM
  #141  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by scott1598 View Post
now, does anyone know if the standard DVD Season 6 set has the same exclusive bonus disc (Complete Collection bonus disc) as the Blu-ray version?
Just opened mine up.
Features:
  • Chicken Heaven
  • Sayid v.s. Dogen
  • Inside LOST Live: The Final Concert

LOST on Location:
  • Sundown
  • Dr. Linus

Looks to be the same as whats on the back of the box
vmars is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 03:09 PM
  #142  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,209
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Does anyone know if either set has the real ending for the series?



I kid, I kid
mattysemo247 is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 03:13 PM
  #143  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,511
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Anyknow know if the Lost BD set is SEALED inside of the BB Exclusive? You can't tell from the outside because of the slipcover...
Just opened mine, yes it is. Once you have the outter plastic wrapping off, the black slipcase isn't sealed, but the actual blu-ray case itself is.
Anubis2005X is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 03:20 PM
  #144  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Not entirely sure if this is the right place to post it but I haven't seen a DVD thread for this show. I've now bought all 6 seasons of the show on dvd and was impressed with the first 4 seasons with the continuity of the boxes and their spines. With the release of the 5th season last year we got a packaging change and a slimmer set altogether. While the logo was smaller on the spine, the little window in the middle still matched up with the first 4 seasons. With todays release of the 6th season, the packaging is the same as the 5th yet the window on the spine does not match up this time. It's not even the same size. Just wanted to provide pictures to anyone else who might be as frustrated about this as I am. I ended up buying the Best Buy exclusive of the 6th season and the slipcover around it that holds the bonus disc makes all the spines look even worse. The LOST logo on the spine is further down and it just looks bad. Okay done with rant.

vmars is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 03:22 PM
  #145  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Drop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 2,036
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

I am so glad I don't care about what the cases and their spines look like, I'd probably go insane.
Drop is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 03:24 PM
  #146  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by Drop View Post
I am so glad I don't care about what the cases and their spines look like, I'd probably go insane.
I honestly wish i didn't, but I'm pretty sure it's part of my OCD. It always impresses me when a studio can keep a consistent design going for every season of the show, and pisses me off to no end when it gets changed every other season.
vmars is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 03:28 PM
  #147  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by vmars View Post
Just opened mine up.
Features:
  • Chicken Heaven
  • Sayid v.s. Dogen
  • Inside LOST Live: The Final Concert

LOST on Location:
  • Sundown
  • Dr. Linus

Looks to be the same as whats on the back of the box
Damn. So it sounds like somebody F'd up, putting the CC bonus disc in some of the sleeves meant for BB. I know people said the BD at BB had the CC disc, and you said your SD had the proper bonus disc. The question is, did anyone get a BD with the proper disc, or anyone get an SD with the BB disc? I really want that disc, so I may have to go buy the SD if that's the only thing that has the proper bonus disc. I can always sell the season since it is sealed...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 03:42 PM
  #148  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,238
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Damn. So it sounds like somebody F'd up, putting the CC bonus disc in some of the sleeves meant for BB. I know people said the BD at BB had the CC disc, and you said your SD had the proper bonus disc. The question is, did anyone get a BD with the proper disc, or anyone get an SD with the BB disc? I really want that disc, so I may have to go buy the SD if that's the only thing that has the proper bonus disc. I can always sell the season since it is sealed...
why wouldn't you want the Blu-ray that has much more extras on its bonus disc than the SD?
OldBoy is online now  
Old 08-24-10, 03:47 PM
  #149  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 1,243
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Just finished my BB bonus disc from the Blu ray. The contents are the definitely from the the all seasons set and definitely not what was listed on the DVD sleeve. It's a pretty packed disc and does feature some "easter eggs" if you click on the "o"s of some of the DVD's titles. I found the "Inside Lost Live" feature that way. It can be found by clicking on the "o" in "Swan Song".
Roybq is offline  
Old 08-24-10, 03:48 PM
  #150  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,511
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by vmars View Post
Not entirely sure if this is the right place to post it but I haven't seen a DVD thread for this show. I've now bought all 6 seasons of the show on dvd and was impressed with the first 4 seasons with the continuity of the boxes and their spines. With the release of the 5th season last year we got a packaging change and a slimmer set altogether. While the logo was smaller on the spine, the little window in the middle still matched up with the first 4 seasons. With todays release of the 6th season, the packaging is the same as the 5th yet the window on the spine does not match up this time. It's not even the same size. Just wanted to provide pictures to anyone else who might be as frustrated about this as I am. I ended up buying the Best Buy exclusive of the 6th season and the slipcover around it that holds the bonus disc makes all the spines look even worse. The LOST logo on the spine is further down and it just looks bad. Okay done with rant.

Yeah, it's frustrating, but be happy with what you got. When it comes to the Blu-rays, the season 3 slipcover doesn't match any of the others, and season 6 is half the thickness of the others...
Anubis2005X is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.