Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Old 08-24-10, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Is the Best Buy version of Season 6 half the thickness of the other seasons? Or is it the same as previous seasons?
Half the thickness. The Best Buy version just has a second slipcover that has a pocket for the bonus disc.
Old 08-24-10, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ASAPadam
Half the thickness. The Best Buy version just has a second slipcover that has a pocket for the bonus disc.
Thanks for the quick response.
Old 08-24-10, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ASAPadam
This makes me happy -- the bonus DVD that came with my Sixth Season Blu-ray set from Best Buy appears to be the same bonus disc included in the Complete Collection (and not the disc described on the outside of the packaging, which was supposed to have only 20 minutes of features including "Chicken Heaven" and "Sayid vs. Dogen").

The disc has the Letting Go, props, Planet Lost and Swan Song features, Lost Slapdowns, deleted scenes and more! Glad I got the disc without having to buy the complete series set!
I can confirms that this was the case with mine too, bought in Burlington MA this morning. On the disc itself it says "Lost Complete Sixth Season", "Exclusive Bonus Disc".

It doesnt say "Best Buy" amywhere on the disc, but if it was actually the bonus disc from the Complete Collection, it wouldn't have Season 6 written on it, would it? It sounds like the Best Buy disc might have been changed at the 11th hour.
Old 08-24-10, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Bleddyn Williams
I can confirms that this was the case with mine too, bought in Burlington MA this morning. On the disc itself it says "Lost Complete Sixth Season", "Exclusive Bonus Disc".

It doesnt say "Best Buy" amywhere on the disc, but if it was actually the bonus disc from the Complete Collection, it wouldn't have Season 6 written on it, would it? It sounds like the Best Buy disc might have been changed at the 11th hour.
Does it have New Man in Town on it?
Old 08-24-10, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Does it have New Man in Town on it?
Thats the 12 minute epilogue with Hurley right? Pretty sure thats in the season set itself. It's included with every season 6 set.
Old 08-24-10, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Went to BB on my lunch hour because I didn't want to take a chance of missing out on the bonus disc. They didn't have any shirts at the store I went to, though. I want a damn Oceanic shirt.
Old 08-24-10, 01:30 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

did anyone get this for $37.99 since the pic on Best Buy.com shows the Blu-ray picture for the DVD description? would they do a pm with something like that?
Old 08-24-10, 01:50 PM

So it seems like the hidden disc included with the Complete Collection compiles the deleted scenes that were on the S3 Wal-Mart disc and the S5 Best Buy disc making all of the retailer exclusives moot since S1 & S2 BB exclusive content was rolled into the Blu-ray releases. Thus, making this a true CC on Br?
Here's the menu courtesy iam1bearcat via Blu-ray.com:
Spoiler:
1. Letting Go: Reflections of a Six Year Journey
2. Artifacts of the Island: Inside the LOST Prop House
3. Planet Lost
4. Swan Song: Orchestrating the Final Moments of LOST
5. Lost on Location
6. The Lost Slapdowns - 16
7. Deleted Scenes - options are for seasons 3 & 5 (season three has 2, season five has 5)
8. More from the Series
9. The Best of the LOST Podcasts

Then in a strange twist, the Best Buy S6 Bonus disc is the same(?) as the Complete Collection hidden disc only it is a DVD, even with the Blu-ray set.
Here's the menu courtesy Alpha via Blu-ray.com:
Spoiler:
- Letting Go: Reflections of a six-year journey
- Artifacts of the island: Inside the LOST prop house
- Planet LOST
- Swan Song: Orchestrating the final moments of LOST
- LOST on Location (Season 3: Cost of Living, Enter 77, D.O.C. | Season 4: Eggtown | Season 5: This Place is Death, 316)
- The LOST Slapdowns (1-16)
- Deleted Scenes (Season 3: Handcuffs, Surprise Inside | Season 5: Would Theresa Know?, Shallow Graves, Window Talk, Hunting, Worth the Risk)
- More From the Series (Season 4: Regina's Jump, Rat Maze, Ben's Door, Hurling Hurley, Building the Bomb | Season 5: Ben vs. Desmond, Locke's Leg, Rose & Bernard's Retirement, Jeep Escape, Others' Secrets, Radzinsky at the Flame, Sun and Jin's Wedding)
Old 08-24-10, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So the packaging says it is the 20 minute disc, but the disc itself says something else?

Went over lunch and didn't get it because the cardboard sleeve that hold the bonus disc talks about some feature with doogan and dr. linus goes to school or something like that. Is that what everyone else's has on the disc sleeve but the disc is different?
Old 08-24-10, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

So did anyone here get the complete blu-ray set? Is it dead sexy? Have you fondled yourself with it?
Old 08-24-10, 02:06 PM

now, does anyone know if the standard DVD Season 6 set has the same exclusive bonus disc (Complete Collection bonus disc) as the Blu-ray version?
Old 08-24-10, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
So the packaging says it is the 20 minute disc, but the disc itself says something else?

Went over lunch and didn't get it because the cardboard sleeve that hold the bonus disc talks about some feature with doogan and dr. linus goes to school or something like that. Is that what everyone else's has on the disc sleeve but the disc is different?
That's what's being reported.
Last minute switch-up?
Which makes you wonder; what became and where can you find the Dogun and Linus footage...
Old 08-24-10, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
now, does anyone know if the standard DVD Season 6 set has the same exclusive bonus disc (Complete Collection bonus disc) as the Blu-ray version?
Ha! My head gonna splode!
Old 08-24-10, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyknow know if the Lost BD set is SEALED inside of the BB Exclusive? You can't tell from the outside because of the slipcover...
Old 08-24-10, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Anyknow know if the Lost BD set is SEALED inside of the BB Exclusive? You can't tell from the outside because of the slipcover...
The DVD set is, so I'm guessing the BD is as well.
Old 08-24-10, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
Just opened mine up.
Features:
  • Chicken Heaven
  • Sayid v.s. Dogen
  • Inside LOST Live: The Final Concert

LOST on Location:
  • Sundown
  • Dr. Linus

Looks to be the same as whats on the back of the box
Old 08-24-10, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone know if either set has the real ending for the series?

I kid, I kid
Old 08-24-10, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just opened mine, yes it is. Once you have the outter plastic wrapping off, the black slipcase isn't sealed, but the actual blu-ray case itself is.
Old 08-24-10, 03:20 PM

Not entirely sure if this is the right place to post it but I haven't seen a DVD thread for this show. I've now bought all 6 seasons of the show on dvd and was impressed with the first 4 seasons with the continuity of the boxes and their spines. With the release of the 5th season last year we got a packaging change and a slimmer set altogether. While the logo was smaller on the spine, the little window in the middle still matched up with the first 4 seasons. With todays release of the 6th season, the packaging is the same as the 5th yet the window on the spine does not match up this time. It's not even the same size. Just wanted to provide pictures to anyone else who might be as frustrated about this as I am. I ended up buying the Best Buy exclusive of the 6th season and the slipcover around it that holds the bonus disc makes all the spines look even worse. The LOST logo on the spine is further down and it just looks bad. Okay done with rant.

Old 08-24-10, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am so glad I don't care about what the cases and their spines look like, I'd probably go insane.
Old 08-24-10, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Drop
I am so glad I don't care about what the cases and their spines look like, I'd probably go insane.
I honestly wish i didn't, but I'm pretty sure it's part of my OCD. It always impresses me when a studio can keep a consistent design going for every season of the show, and pisses me off to no end when it gets changed every other season.
Old 08-24-10, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by vmars
Just opened mine up.
Features:
  • Chicken Heaven
  • Sayid v.s. Dogen
  • Inside LOST Live: The Final Concert

LOST on Location:
  • Sundown
  • Dr. Linus

Looks to be the same as whats on the back of the box
Damn. So it sounds like somebody F'd up, putting the CC bonus disc in some of the sleeves meant for BB. I know people said the BD at BB had the CC disc, and you said your SD had the proper bonus disc. The question is, did anyone get a BD with the proper disc, or anyone get an SD with the BB disc? I really want that disc, so I may have to go buy the SD if that's the only thing that has the proper bonus disc. I can always sell the season since it is sealed...
Old 08-24-10, 03:42 PM

Damn. So it sounds like somebody F'd up, putting the CC bonus disc in some of the sleeves meant for BB. I know people said the BD at BB had the CC disc, and you said your SD had the proper bonus disc. The question is, did anyone get a BD with the proper disc, or anyone get an SD with the BB disc? I really want that disc, so I may have to go buy the SD if that's the only thing that has the proper bonus disc. I can always sell the season since it is sealed...
why wouldn't you want the Blu-ray that has much more extras on its bonus disc than the SD?
Old 08-24-10, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just finished my BB bonus disc from the Blu ray. The contents are the definitely from the the all seasons set and definitely not what was listed on the DVD sleeve. It's a pretty packed disc and does feature some "easter eggs" if you click on the "o"s of some of the DVD's titles. I found the "Inside Lost Live" feature that way. It can be found by clicking on the "o" in "Swan Song".
Old 08-24-10, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by vmars
Not entirely sure if this is the right place to post it but I haven't seen a DVD thread for this show. I've now bought all 6 seasons of the show on dvd and was impressed with the first 4 seasons with the continuity of the boxes and their spines. With the release of the 5th season last year we got a packaging change and a slimmer set altogether. While the logo was smaller on the spine, the little window in the middle still matched up with the first 4 seasons. With todays release of the 6th season, the packaging is the same as the 5th yet the window on the spine does not match up this time. It's not even the same size. Just wanted to provide pictures to anyone else who might be as frustrated about this as I am. I ended up buying the Best Buy exclusive of the 6th season and the slipcover around it that holds the bonus disc makes all the spines look even worse. The LOST logo on the spine is further down and it just looks bad. Okay done with rant.

Yeah, it's frustrating, but be happy with what you got. When it comes to the Blu-rays, the season 3 slipcover doesn't match any of the others, and season 6 is half the thickness of the others...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.