Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

H2 (Halloween II ) ------> 1/12/10

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

H2 (Halloween II ) ------> 1/12/10

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-10, 10:24 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: H2 (Halloween II ) ------> 1/12/10

Originally Posted by Trevor
I'm sure I'll buy this once it drops to ~$5, mostly out of morbid curiousity and collecting reasons.

The first remake was one of the few films that makes me angry.
See, I liked Zombies Halloween. I though it was an interesting take on the character and enjoyed the development of young Michael. But this one...big, giant WTF. Sherri Moon just had to be in the fucking film as a ghost, along with ghost young Michael and a fucking horse. And poor Laurie and Loomis went from level headed characters in the first to gigantic douchebags in the second. It's like they went from Homer in Season One in the Simpsons who was a little bit goofy, but loving and the next season turned him into the stupid, drooling Homer in Season Twenty. WTF, Zombie? Ugh.
Old 01-11-10, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not my problem if you couldnt figure out that,with the way i worded it. Most ppl would be able to get the gist.
Originally Posted by The Monkees
That's not what you said. You said you were going to buy the movie as an example of how not to make a movie. You didn't say you were buying it for special features. Still a waste of money or Reward Zone coupons in my opinion.

And stop putting the quote UNDER what you have to say!
[/B]
Old 01-11-10, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
Not my problem if you couldnt figure out that,with the way i worded it. Most ppl would be able to get the gist.

[/B]
Whatever. Go waste your money on something you hate.
Old 01-11-10, 08:34 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
See, I liked Zombies Halloween. I though it was an interesting take on the character and enjoyed the development of young Michael. But this one...big, giant WTF. Sherri Moon just had to be in the fucking film as a ghost, along with ghost young Michael and a fucking horse. And poor Laurie and Loomis went from level headed characters in the first to gigantic douchebags in the second. It's like they went from Homer in Season One in the Simpsons who was a little bit goofy, but loving and the next season turned him into the stupid, drooling Homer in Season Twenty. WTF, Zombie? Ugh.
That is, I think, putting it all rather mildly. I too enjoyed the first Halloween remake for what it was, but Halloween 2 is quite possibly the worst film of the 2000's.
Old 01-11-10, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mzupeman2
That being said, I hope the director's cut is 'better', but I really don't see how a different cut can really make this film any better, I really don't.
The Criterion edition of Brazil, with both the director's cut of the film and the "Love Conquers All" cut, is a perfect example on how you can make two different cuts of a film, on different ends of the spectrum as far as quality is concerned, just based on the editing.

With that said, I'm not expecting any miracles with Halloween II. I'm just saying...
Old 01-11-10, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

It sounds like Gizmo hated the "Director's Cut" and many of us hated the Theatrical Version so it doesn't seem to be much room for hope with this one. They could probably get a one-eyed parrot with mange to make a better movie for the third one than this.
Old 01-11-10, 10:39 PM

i guess I'm in the very small minority that liked both Zombie's Halloween flicks.

Given, part 1 was much better than 2. He shouldn't HAVE to have his wife in all his movies(unless she shows some boobs). But it wasn't that bad...I've only seen the DC version, so I don't know how this played theatrically and what was changed.

I'm not a believer that Zombie totally ruined the franchise, or that his vision is sacrilegious against Carpenter's original movie. The franchise went to shit a long time ago.

I'm also a fan of Zombie's other movies...1000 Corpses was good, Devil's Rejects was a lot better. I think he's shown that he has the potential to do his own original stories better, tho.
Old 01-11-10, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I liked both of them too.
Old 01-11-10, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Like both of Zombie's films. Don't own the first on BD yet either...any news of a 2-pack or price drop on the first??
Old 01-12-10, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

man you know how to ignore me if you want, but like i said who are you to say whats a waste of money for me or someone else. but keep on fighting that good fight man.
Originally Posted by The Monkees
Whatever. Go waste your money on something you hate.
Old 01-12-10, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

You'd think that with all the love this movie has gotten (NOT!) that it would be priced better. I would have considered picking it up for $17.99 (just to see the Dir. Cut and the extras), but it seems that the lowest price is $24.99.
Old 01-12-10, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
So Gizmo.. I take it you didn't like it?! Ha ha. Haven't watched the director's cut yet, but no editing could make that movie good (in my opinion). When I saw it in theatres I was really angry, and eventually just started laughing at it and shaking my head.

What a total piece of garbage.....

On another note.. I'm watching H20 on Blu-ray as I'm typing this!!
Old 01-12-10, 03:05 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

No, hated it.
Old 01-12-10, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Spoiler:
So how many people think, that if Zombie was inline to direct the 3rd one that he would have had loomis turn out to be alive yet again. I could picture him trying to go the same route the scream franchise went with deputy dewey in that he was stabbed in old scar tissue so even though it looked like he was dead, he was really not. lol thank god though zombie is not directing the next one

The great thing about the Halloween franchise though is that they have made the choice to forget about sequals in the past, (I.E, H20 Being a sequal to Halloween II) so If Malek Akkad wanted to he could go back and produce a Halloween sequal that chooses to ignore the zombie films.

and really thats what needs to be done. (in my opinon anyways for what thats worth lol)
Old 01-13-10, 08:02 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by indiephantom
Like both of Zombie's films. Don't own the first on BD yet either...any news of a 2-pack or price drop on the first??
Walmart has 1st on BD for 15 in store right now (2 disc version too).
Old 01-13-10, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by elsanto
I wonder if it's a YMMV thing.
Old 01-13-10, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

wow i didnt think it was possible to make this movie even worse than it was to begin with.
wow what a nightmare of a directors cut.
again the purchase of it though was worth it for me just for the behind the scenes features, but wow this movie is utter crap. the one thing that i thought was pretty creepy at the end of the theatrical cut was the long shot down the hospital corridor with michaels theme playing(the only part of the movie that featured any of the signature halloween score) before cutting to the main Halloween theme, has been changed now to yet another rendition of love hurts.
what is it and Zombies insistance of having 20 different versions of this song in the two halloween movies he has now made. now the halloween theme has been relagated to the half way point of the end credits.
Old 01-15-10, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched it again, although it goes down hill, I think the 1st 25 min is one of the best sequences in slasher history.
Old 01-15-10, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Loved the movie, but gonna wait for a better release [want a 4 hour documentary, damn it!]. Too bad Rob ain't doing the next Halloween.
Old 01-16-10, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

parts of that sequence are indeed pretty good, once you get to the hospital all the way till she wakes up that is a real cool sequence and actually feels like a good halloween movie. its ashame you have that crap with the white trash pervert coronor talking about looking at dead girls.

Originally Posted by cactusoly
I watched it again, although it goes down hill, I think the 1st 25 min is one of the best sequences in slasher history.
Old 01-16-10, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elsanto
Originally Posted by EvlAsh
I wonder if it's a YMMV thing.

I got mine for 15.99 at amazon a few days ago...2 disc director's cut...just in case wallyworld is out
Old 01-16-10, 11:21 AM

most nihlistic movie ever
Old 01-16-10, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gglass4269
most nihlistic movie ever
I agree. Zombie doesn't care at all about the Halloween series' fans, or anyone else unfortunate enough to watch the film.
Old 01-16-10, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
That is, I think, putting it all rather mildly. I too enjoyed the first Halloween remake for what it was, but Halloween 2 is quite possibly the worst film of the 2000's.
Actually this one made my list as one of the worst of the 2000's as well as some of my friends list.

Dreamcatcher and The Spirit were ahead of it though.
Old 01-17-10, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

SO i just watched the audio commentary for halloween 2, two things i found intresting first off, its funny how when Zombie talks about every thing that went wrong durring this film shoot, he is very quick to pass the blame on to everyone else but him.
Be it, the local crew members, the prop dept, the studio, anyone but him.
secondly and i will spoiler note this spoiler note this
Spoiler:
WTF out of nowhere he says that the last scene of the movie, isnt indicating laurie has been locked in a sanatarium but rather its representing her last thoughts before she dies, and that when the scene goes to black after she smiles, it means she has died
I heard that last bit and i was like what!! how and hell does a viewer come to the conclusion that zombie indicates is actually Lauries fate at the end of the film?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.