Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Clerks and Chasing Amy coming to Blu-Ray ( according to Kevin Smith )

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Clerks and Chasing Amy coming to Blu-Ray ( according to Kevin Smith )

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-09, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Clerks and Chasing Amy coming to Blu-Ray ( according to Kevin Smith )

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Question to anyone who got the "Kevin Smith 3-Movie Collection":

Are you splitting up the box and placing your titles on the shelf alphabetically, or leaving the box together as a single release?
Now that I have all six of the "Jersey Saga" films in high definition (five BDs and the Mallrats HD DVD), I will place them in order of theatrical release on the shelf beginning with Clerks....

I actually ended up getting the box set, even though I already had the J&SBSB BD, because it was actually cheaper for me then buying Clerks and Chasing Amy separately at Moviestop....
They wanted $28 for each, so it would have cost me $56 in credit, while the box was only $60....I could trade in a "used" copy of J&SBSB for $6.75, so:
$60 out for the box - $6.75 back in for the trade in = net $53.25 in credit spent instead of $56, savings of $2.75...every dollar counts!
Old 11-24-09, 01:39 AM

I don't care what anyone else says...I bought Chasing Amy blu from Kevin's website so i could have it signed. Ended up being around 50 bucks...I have 3 movies signed by him, 2 books, and the movie Now You Know signed by Jeff Anderson. Chasing Amy is worth it to me to get on blu because it atleast has a decent amount of new features. Clerks however has just the Jay and Silent Bob making of doc new. Ill still get it, but I'll wait a while. That Or Ill get it signed and pay big bucks again. Side note: I think he should have saved the Jay and Silent Bob doc for a special Jay and Silent Bob release. Just my opinion.
Old 11-24-09, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts

Given the age of the movies, yet the timely release, I'm really surprised they aren't part of a Black Friday deal somewhere.
Old 11-24-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Thanks. That's kind of how I was leaning after looking at it on the shelf for a couple of days. The titles aren't part of a series like Infernal Affairs or Bourne, so the box is not really relevant.
No problem. I'm always glad to offer advice to a fellow DVDTalker!
Old 11-24-09, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MrFleharty
Side note: I think he should have saved the Jay and Silent Bob doc for a special Jay and Silent Bob release. Just my opinion.
I disagree....if Disney did not take this opportunity now to make a new J&SBSB special edition release with this 3-pack, then who knows when (if ever) they will actually do so....considering Smith has been forced to sit on this documentary for years now, I am really glad he was finally able to get it out there to be seen by the masses, even if it wasn't put onto the actual film it is about....

Of course, I also bought the DVD of Vulgar for the Dogma documentary (which was forced off of the Dogma 2-disc SE)....so I am already used to getting special features about other films on their wrong discs already...
Old 11-25-09, 01:19 PM

Thanks for the disagreement...i had no idea about a dogma documentary on Vulgar. How long is it? I suppose Ill go buy Vulgar now. Is it good? Ive heard about it way back in the day, but never was interested in seeing it. And now i do suppose I shall have to agree about the Jay and Silent Bob thing. However...in 2011 it will be ten yeas for it...so maybe...?
Old 11-25-09, 04:28 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

If I recall, Vulgar was pretty mediocre to average, and strange. But that other low budget movie connected to the View Askew guys, A Better Place, was great.
Old 11-25-09, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MrFleharty
Thanks for the disagreement...i had no idea about a dogma documentary on Vulgar. How long is it? I suppose Ill go buy Vulgar now. Is it good? Ive heard about it way back in the day, but never was interested in seeing it.
The "Judge Not: In Defense of Dogma" documentary mostly just covers the controversy surrounding the film, it's not a "making of" like the J&SBSB one is....I thought it was pretty good, it runs a little under 40 minutes long, and has a few bleeped out names in it too, but you can easily figure out who they are talking about if you know anything about the film....
I thought Vulgar was OK, worth a watch if you like View Askew stuff as it stars Brian "Dante" O'Halloran....the DVD also has a commentary track with many of the VA regulars....be sure and get the Unrated version of the DVD though, as the R-rated version doesn't have the commentary track!
Old 11-25-09, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by WMAangel
The "Judge Not: In Defense of Dogma" documentary mostly just covers the controversy surrounding the film, it's not a "making of" like the J&SBSB one is....I thought it was pretty good, it runs a little under 40 minutes long, and has a few bleeped out names in it too, but you can easily figure out who they are talking about if you know anything about the film....
I thought Vulgar was OK, worth a watch if you like View Askew stuff as it stars Brian "Dante" O'Halloran....the DVD also has a commentary track with many of the VA regulars....be sure and get the Unrated version of the DVD though, as the R-rated version doesn't have the commentary track!
I didn't even know they put out two different versions of Vulgar on DVD.

I read in this case the "Theatrical Cut" is the Unrated Version of the film?
Old 11-25-09, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by asianxcore
I didn't even know they put out two different versions of Vulgar on DVD.

I read in this case the "Theatrical Cut" is the Unrated Version of the film?
Yep, sure is...just looked at the back of my DVD and in big letters at the top it says "Theatrical Version".....
Old 11-25-09, 08:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the 3-pack and it was worth every cent just because of Chasing Amy. I think that is a stronger edition than Clerks. I found the Jay and Silent Bob doc to be really boring. I turned it off after 30 mins.
Old 11-25-09, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by godzilla rules
I bought the 3-pack and it was worth every cent just because of Chasing Amy. I think that is a stronger edition than Clerks. I found the Jay and Silent Bob doc to be really boring. I turned it off after 30 mins.
Does Clerks come with the slipcover in the box set?
Old 11-26-09, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Maybe it's because Chasing Amy has been a favorite of mine since I saw it in the theater, but I found the documentary on the BD to be one of the very best special features on any dvd that I've ever owned.

The rest of the special features were also quite good, but that doc was simply amazing.

I also just got to the film and thought the picture quality was better than I expected.
Old 11-26-09, 01:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Does Clerks come with the slipcover in the box set?
No, it does not. Not a big deal though as the slipcover makes no mention of the doc on the back.
Old 11-26-09, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by godzilla rules
No, it does not. Not a big deal though as the slipcover makes no mention of the doc on the back.
Thanks Man!
Old 11-26-09, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clerks. has a slipcover? What does it look like? I highly prefer the white-on-black Clerks. X artwork, and then the "hands up" photo they used on the Collectors Series edition of Clerks. than the art they used on the BD.
Old 11-26-09, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

White Slipcover ... same as the cover artwork from what I saw in Best Buy. Looks pretty good IMO. They didn't have the box set though.

Last edited by DthRdrX; 11-26-09 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-24-10, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I just got Chasing Amy today. It's humorous to me that the Miramax logo is as big as the text for Chasing Amy on the spine.