Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Despicable Me: 3D & Non-3D Combo Packs - 12/14/10

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-10, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HDRoom:

Universal will release two Blu-ray versions of Despicable Me on December 14: a three-disc Blu-ray combo pack with the DVD and a digital copy, and a four-disc Blu-ray 3D combo back that adds the Blu-ray 3D version of the film with the fourth disc. Tech specs include 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, while bonus features will be identical between the Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D versions.
  • The World of Despicable Me
  • Despicable Beats -- Director Chris Renaud talks about the cool factor of renowned music producer Pharrell Williams.
  • Gru's Rocket Builder -- In an all-new game, Vector has stolen some of the most famous landmarks from around the world and replaced them with the pieces to Gru's rocket. Players must return all the stolen landmarks to the correct countries in order to build their own rockets before Vector hacks into the system and steals the rocket plans. The reward for completing the rocket is a launch to the moon!
  • A Global Effort -- Learn all about the global effort behind Despicable Me. A director from France and another from the USA, plus an American and English cast created a movie in France, with artists from all over the world for a truly international movie!
  • Commentary with directors Chris Renaud and Pierre Coffin, featuring the Minions!
  • THREE ALL NEW, MINI-MOVIES Starring THE MINIONS -- The fun continues with three all-new mini-movies, created exclusively for the Blu-ray Combo Packs and DVD Double Pack! Available for a limited time only! Get more laughs and more minion mayhem with "Home Makeover", "Orientation Day" and "Banana" - you'll want to watch them again and again!
  • THE VOICES OF DESPICABLE ME -- Go behind-the-scenes with Steve Carell, Jason Segel, Russell Brand, Miranda Cosgrove, Kristen Wiig and Julie Andrews as they give life to their animated characters. Includes character profiles for each of the cast members!
  • SUPER SILLY FUN LAND -- Join Agnes, Margo and Edith at the Super Silly Fun Land Theme Park and play Feed the Creatures and Freeze the Floating Minions to win super cool prizes.
  • BD Exclusive: GRU-CONTROL -- Through a picture-in-picture window, see the making of the film with behind-the-scenes footage and cast/filmmaker interviews
  • BD Exclusive: MISS HATTIE'S TOP SECRET COOKIE RECIPES -- Margo is proud to present the recipes for those wonderful cookies that the loveable orphans under Miss Hattie's care enjoy so much!

Old 09-24-10, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Re: Despicable Me: 3D & Non-3D Combo Packs - 12/14/10

I still don't see why they need to package a separate disc for the 3D version. This same nonsense was done for A Christmas Carol.
Old 09-24-10, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Looking forward to this; absolutely loved it. No interest in the 3D one though.
Old 09-24-10, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to adding this to my expanding 3D collection
Old 09-24-10, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Good. Now I can finally see this.
Old 09-24-10, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I still don't see why they need to package a separate disc for the 3D version. This same nonsense was done for A Christmas Carol.
It could be because the 3D version doesn't have enough room for the extras, so they include the regular BD.
Old 09-25-10, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts

So no Gru-Ray?