Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

5 free Blu-Ray discs promotion - anyone still waiting???

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

5 free Blu-Ray discs promotion - anyone still waiting???

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-08, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,021 Likes on 843 Posts
Got the card saying my order was delayed till Feb. They're still listing The Italian Job on there but I doubt I'll actually get it.
Old 01-23-08, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sent my order in early December - called just now and i'm not even in the system. They're doing what's called a 'call tag' to research and should know more in 3-4 days.

*sigh*

This is frustrating because it's not like I have the UPC on the box anymore to be able to send it in...
Old 01-23-08, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Researching? Weird.

Just sent mine off - hope they don't give me any problems because SOMEONE chucked my box
Old 01-26-08, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TexasDVDer
I'm looking to buy the Panasonic BMP-BD30K Blu-ray player with the idea of mailing in for the five free BD discs. The rebate form I am looking at (P.O. Box 410260 in El Paso) says in the fine print at the bottom, "Store receipts must emanate from the same state as consumer address." This seems to rule out most internet purchses of the BD player, even from Amazon. Is this something from a new rebate form, a real restriction or what? Amazon has a link to the rebate PDF that states this.

I'd like a good price on the player but I would also like the free discs. Have any of you others made an internet purchase of your player?
Same situation almost and question. I got a PS3 from Amazon and was wondering if it didn't qualify under the fine print about the receipt if the purchase didn't emanate from the same state I live. Is there a phone number for the rebate company involved? I didn't see one listed on the form
Old 01-26-08, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They actually sent my envelope back, claiming the PO Box was closed (my original letter is postmarked Oct 30).
Old 01-26-08, 06:37 PM

Unbelievable...sounds like they're jerking everyone around. All I know is, I'm supposedly CONFIRMED in their system and it's being processed. Umm 2 months of processed. I'm going to give them a call in a week or so to see if it's still "in processing."
Old 01-26-08, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mike2
Unbelievable...sounds like they're jerking everyone around. All I know is, I'm supposedly CONFIRMED in their system and it's being processed. Umm 2 months of processed. I'm going to give them a call in a week or so to see if it's still "in processing."
My original shipment was sent to the wrong address and returned. I have no idea how my address was wrong because I printed the form very legibly to prevent this. The corrected the address on the form and told me they would resend it. What they didn't tell me was the fact I have to wait the 6-8 weeks of processing again. My order has been sitting this way over a month after I called and they redid it.

I'm fed up with this overall. I have yet to get the 5 free HD DVDs from last year either.
Old 01-26-08, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
This whole rebate bit is a sham and should really have been empasized much less in the promotion of both Blu-Ray and HD-Dvd. My Blu-Rays were also lost in the mail and after waiting the mandatory 30 days to request a second shipment I too have to wait another 4-6 weeks for them to pack up and ship out the replacements for the first lost shipment. So 3 months after I should have gotten my movies I just might see them? How fucking fair is this?
Old 01-26-08, 09:08 PM

They're trying to rip everyone the fuck off. They don't try and notify you of processing etc. ah wait why should they notify you....it's FREE they plainly don't give a shit. What's the point of asking for an email address if they don't take the time to send you a notice that it's shipped etc.

A tip would be call them if you haven't already and confirm your shipping address so you have clarification they put it down right. When I called, the bitch said "you're not in the system , oh wait let me try something else"..."here you are" blah blah blah and confirmed my info.

This is definitely the hardest rebate I've ever had to endure. I guess we should just wait it out and hang in there. All I know is the BB RZ program has a smoother process time for points than Buena Vista.
Old 01-27-08, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i, too, am a bit frustrated with this rebate. for god sakes, microsoft (of all companies) has already sent my $100 rebate for their "best. friday. deal." this was a black friday deal that i did not send in until the second week of december.
Old 01-31-08, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Friendly reminder....last day to buy a Blu-Ray player and get the movies. Although, I suspect they may start a new offer, but who knows...maybe not.
Old 02-04-08, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

fyi, received mine today (mailed 11/23). still waiting for the HD DVDs which were submitted on the same day.
Old 02-04-08, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was surprised to get mine today. I think I mailed it on 12/20. I was expecting the HD DVDs I mailed over a month before. I got all 5 of my choices and all of them were completely untouched, no UPC slashes or anything.
Old 02-04-08, 03:50 PM

Hmm is there actually hope? I made the mistake by not marking when I sent in my order. But I know I mailed it in between 12/5 - 12/10
Old 02-12-08, 02:49 PM

Well I figured I'd give this tread its weekly bump. I've been waiting for these for well over two months. I figured I'd call today and see if it is still "in processing." Surprisingly it put me right through to a representative. She said they shipped the 31st of January. Good news to say the least. She said allow 3-4 weeks to receive. I'd say I should be getting them sometime next week. Hopefully anyway.

How is everyone else doing with the rebate?
Old 02-12-08, 07:39 PM

I sent my rebate in back at the beginning of September. It has been over 5 months now. They supposedly sent them on 11/28/07 and they never arrived. So after calling them and having them resent at the beginning of the January, my order status is still "In Process" Absolutely unbelievable. I plan to call them tomorrow...
Old 02-12-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by AmonTwin
I sent my rebate in back at the beginning of September. It has been over 5 months now. They supposedly sent them on 11/28/07 and they never arrived. So after calling them and having them resent at the beginning of the January, my order status is still "In Process" Absolutely unbelievable. I plan to call them tomorrow...
Mine were supposedly sent the same exact day as yours and didn't arrive either. I called on the 28th of December to have them reship the titles and that is still in processing. Talk about not taking care of the customers. Those few who have had their orders lost should be put back ahead of the line and taken care of pronto. It is not like they're going to spend days and days to repack lost orders. However, having multiple shipments that went out on the same day lost in space is a bit suspicious. Maybe they all ended up in Timbuktu.
Old 02-14-08, 09:20 AM
Banned

Quick question, do have to send in my original Costco receipt or is a photocopy sufficient?

Thanks!
Old 02-14-08, 09:27 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Let me tell ya something..

I've sent away this 5 free Blu-ray MIR, as well as TWICE, the 5 free HD DVD rebates. Waited, and waitied. Within a week, ALL THREE TIMES, of me calling the number to check on the status, I received my discs in the mail.

Something tells me they just wait and wait, untill you get urked, and that once you call, you get put ahead of the list, and get your discs.
Old 02-14-08, 11:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
Quick question, do have to send in my original Costco receipt or is a photocopy sufficient?

Thanks!

Sorry for the dumb question, I just called the number on the form and they confirmed that a photocopy is just fine.
Old 02-15-08, 04:43 PM

I just phoned the Canadian line and they acted like I was a bit nutts. They said they're getting 1000 rebates per day (and this is after the eligible systems have been sold). Said I wasn't in their system yet and that wasn't surprising for being a month ago. So I still don't know.
Old 02-15-08, 06:04 PM

Well what's the number to call in then for the Blu-Ray offer?
Old 02-15-08, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As an extra present to me, I found my 5 free BD's waiting when I got home. Took 6 weeks for me.
Old 02-15-08, 09:25 PM

matome...did you get the correct ones?
Old 02-15-08, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes:

Pirates of The Caribbean: COTBP (anyone interested in a trade )
Flight of The Phoenix
The Devil's Rejects
S.W.A.T.
Superman: The Movie

Came in one of those brown insulated bag mailers from Buena Vista in Rockford, MN.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.