Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

5 free Blu-Ray discs promotion - anyone still waiting???

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

5 free Blu-Ray discs promotion - anyone still waiting???

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-07, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tried checking my progress through that website as well, and it never even showed me as registered in the system. The movies came in about a month though.
Old 12-28-07, 12:59 PM

Hmm how long overall did it take to receive them?
Old 12-28-07, 01:07 PM

My total turnaround time, from the time I mailed my rebate until I received my movies, took about a month. Not bad at all considering that included the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Old 12-28-07, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I mailed my rebate on November 1st and received the movies yesterday, December 27th. I got all 5 of my original selections, and none of them had any cuts on the packaging.
Old 12-28-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just received my 2nd shipment on Wednesday. Took two of them back to Wal-mart and exchanged them for something I really wanted.

I even explained to the lady at the CS counter I received these with my PS3 and would like to exchange them. She didn't really care as long as they come up in the system as being sold at Wal-mart she told me.
Old 12-28-07, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
My movies are past the 30 day shipping period by a few days. I called two days ago and they are re-shipping them with a replacement for Black Rain (no longer available on Blu-Ray). I'm a bit pissed off since this has been four months so far and the lady said it could take 3-4 weeks for them to actually ship out the replacements. What a crock of sh*t! And all of you that took advantage of this newer promotion are getting yours in about a month or so.
Old 12-28-07, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mike2
*signs....yup, still waiting.

I'd also like to add that this url: https://portal.archway.com/run/Lookup

doesn't tell you shit about your progress. It's been over a month and still no updates. Not even that it's been received.
That doesn't work for this offer...that's for an older one.

Mine took about 5 weeks to get...got them on Christmas Eve, and sent my form off on 11/17.
Old 12-28-07, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheKobra
Just received my 2nd shipment on Wednesday. Took two of them back to Wal-mart and exchanged them for something I really wanted.

I even explained to the lady at the CS counter I received these with my PS3 and would like to exchange them. She didn't really care as long as they come up in the system as being sold at Wal-mart she told me.
Seriously? Sweet...time to ditch Swordfish. Does it matter if the particular Walmart doesn't sell it?
Old 12-28-07, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by abrg923
Seriously? Sweet...time to ditch Swordfish. Does it matter if the particular Walmart doesn't sell it?
When you walk in the front door of Wal-mart's now they scan what you will be returning. If it prints a price you are good to go with the return. Just let the person at the CS counter know you received these with your PS3 (or gift) and you would like to return them for movies you enjoy. I had no problems with this at all.
Old 12-28-07, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got mine yesterday, mailed off for them on Nov. 17th.
Old 12-28-07, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923
That doesn't work for this offer...that's for an older one.

Mine took about 5 weeks to get...got them on Christmas Eve, and sent my form off on 11/17.
Shit does anyone know the CURRENT url for checking status of your order lol. I sent it in for the Swordfish, Fmj, Prestige etc. promotion. Thanks
Old 12-29-07, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shit does anyone know the CURRENT url for checking status of your order lol. I sent it in for the Swordfish, Fmj, Prestige etc. promotion. Thanks
i called the number linked earlier and the lady said their system was down for maintenance and that i could call back next week.
Old 12-29-07, 08:30 PM

Yeah. This is crap. I sent in my rebate sometime in September and the online status finally said my DVDs were shipped on 11/28 so it has been over a month since then. I plan on calling tomorrow but the above poster said the CS rep. told them to call back in a week. Ridiculous....
Old 12-29-07, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheKobra
When you walk in the front door of Wal-mart's now they scan what you will be returning. If it prints a price you are good to go with the return. Just let the person at the CS counter know you received these with your PS3 (or gift) and you would like to return them for movies you enjoy. I had no problems with this at all.
Went today, and they refused to do any return without a receipt. Said that's the store policy for any electronics items.

Went to the other Wal-Mart, and they returned them, no questions asked. Was able to return three, and get the first four Harry Potter BRs for just under $20.
Old 12-30-07, 05:11 PM

Ya most of the time Walmart doesn't need a receipt. Which is just as good as cash. I'm getting swordfish does Walmart sell that blu-ray? Who am I kidding...I'll never get the damn rebate.
Old 12-30-07, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Still twiddling my thumbs waiting for my original shipment. It is probably on a cruise ship somewhere around the Horn of Mexico.
Old 12-30-07, 05:31 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
I sent my form on October 31 and received my titles this Friday.
Old 12-30-07, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ya most of the time Walmart doesn't need a receipt. Which is just as good as cash. I'm getting swordfish does Walmart sell that blu-ray? Who am I kidding...I'll never get the damn rebate.
Yep, Swordfish was one of the ones I returned.
Old 12-31-07, 10:42 AM

Excellent...So just walk in and swap it for something equal/store credit? Whenever this comes in, I'll do just that. I'll have to go around to different walmarts and see who has the best releases.
Old 12-31-07, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yep. Also realize that not every Wal-Mart will do it - the first one told me there was no way they'd do it, and the second one did it without a problem. They'll put the amount on a gift card.
Old 12-31-07, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mailed mine in Sept.....called a few weeks ago and they were 'ready to go, just need mailed' still waiting.....
Old 01-01-08, 08:41 PM

I'm looking to buy the Panasonic BMP-BD30K Blu-ray player with the idea of mailing in for the five free BD discs. The rebate form I am looking at (P.O. Box 410260 in El Paso) says in the fine print at the bottom, "Store receipts must emanate from the same state as consumer address." This seems to rule out most internet purchses of the BD player, even from Amazon. Is this something from a new rebate form, a real restriction or what? Amazon has a link to the rebate PDF that states this.

I'd like a good price on the player but I would also like the free discs. Have any of you others made an internet purchase of your player?
Old 01-03-08, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got my 5 yesterday, ending up not getting 2 I wanted though, said they were out of stock. They were exchanged for two other random ones.
Old 01-03-08, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

About how long after it says they have shipped did it take for you to receive yours? Did it take a month for any of you to get your movies after they shipped? This is a general question.
Old 01-03-08, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
About how long after it says they have shipped did it take for you to receive yours? Did it take a month for any of you to get your movies after they shipped? This is a general question.
Mine did NOT show up on the online lookup site. I bought my PS3 end of September, so lets say I sent it in the 1st of October and I got them yesterday, took ~3 months for me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.