Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Complete Matrix Collection $19.99 (deal dead)

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Complete Matrix Collection $19.99 (deal dead)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-07, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone want to sell or trade there copy?
Old 05-23-07, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
I ordered the Matrix & the O.C, seperately. About an hour later I decided to order another of each, which, honestly, I was going to exchange for the Pirates movies and whatever else. I got this email today saying only one per customer on the O.C. & The Matrix box.

Dear Steven * *****,

Due to a malfunction in our computer systems, some customers
were recently able to order the Complete Matrix Trilogy HD-DVD
gift set from our website for $19.99 rather than the correct
price of $79.99. In addition, some customers were able to order
the O.C.: The Complete Fourth Season 5-pc DVD for $9.99 rather
than the correct price of $39.99.

Because of this pricing error many customers chose to place
multiple orders for each of these items. We are allowing each
customer who placed an order at the erroneous price to purchase
one box set of each movie at the lower price, and we are
cancelling all multiple orders as permitted by our Terms of Use.
(Please see circuitcity.com - "Terms of Use” - Errors on Our
Website.)

Please note that you may at any time return to circuitcity.com
and place another order for additional copies of either item at
the corrected price.

In most cases, your credit card will have been charged for the
entire amount you intended to purchase. In this event, Circuit
City will issue a refund within 2-3 business days for any
amounts related to the cancelled multiple orders. Please
understand, however, that some financial institutions may take
5-7 business days to process the refund to your credit card
account.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope you will continue
to shop with us.

Best regards,
circuitcity.com

Greedy? Maybe. Still got one of each, I'm happy.

~S2
Old 05-23-07, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 686 Likes on 533 Posts
Well I still appear as pending.

Last edited by RocShemp; 05-23-07 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-23-07, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well I just called and they said my order is still being processed. But I was assured I'd get a confirmation e-mail and my total of $21.24 (per the first e-mail they sent me) would indeed be honored. Just in case, I have a case number for the call that was made today.

Oddly enough, though the call was pretty straightfoward, the lady who attended my call seemed rather pissed. I guess she's dealt with a lot of calls like this today.
Old 05-23-07, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
I ordered the Matrix & the O.C, seperately. About an hour later I decided to order another of each, which, honestly, I was going to exchange for the Pirates movies and whatever else. I got this email today saying only one per customer on the O.C. & The Matrix box.

Dear Steven * *****,

Due to a malfunction in our computer systems, some customers
were recently able to order the Complete Matrix Trilogy HD-DVD
gift set from our website for $19.99 rather than the correct
price of $79.99. In addition, some customers were able to order
the O.C.: The Complete Fourth Season 5-pc DVD for $9.99 rather
than the correct price of $39.99.

Because of this pricing error many customers chose to place
multiple orders for each of these items. We are allowing each
customer who placed an order at the erroneous price to purchase
one box set of each movie at the lower price, and we are
cancelling all multiple orders as permitted by our Terms of Use.
(Please see circuitcity.com - "Terms of Use” - Errors on Our
Website.)

Please note that you may at any time return to circuitcity.com
and place another order for additional copies of either item at
the corrected price.

In most cases, your credit card will have been charged for the
entire amount you intended to purchase. In this event, Circuit
City will issue a refund within 2-3 business days for any
amounts related to the cancelled multiple orders. Please
understand, however, that some financial institutions may take
5-7 business days to process the refund to your credit card
account.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope you will continue
to shop with us.

Best regards,
circuitcity.com

Greedy? Maybe. Still got one of each, I'm happy.

~S2

Well I only oredered one and I hope I get that one for the price I payed for it.
Old 05-23-07, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some of you may not believe it, and others may not even care, However, I am TOTALLY BESIDE MYSELF, and sincerely OVERJOYED & TEETS-UP HAPPY for my otter-kin (and all my other DVDTalk buds) that got in on that GREAT price of $19 or whatnot.

It's always a good day when our DVD Talk Pals get a good turn. I mean, after all the money we spend supporting the DVD/HD DVD & the Blu-ray Formats & Markets, it's really thrilling when stuff like that happens!

You may not realize it, but we are ONE HELL of a force to be reckoned with here at DVD Talk!

I can remember the FREAK OUT day we had going on here a few years back when Tower Records mis-priced a Pink Floyd Box Set for some similar price. A LOT of folks got in on that one.

So Congratulations to ALL the DVD Talk 'WINNERS', and I hope all those that 'Hope' they got in on time, really did!

I for one can't wait to see this kinda stuff happen again!

&

Your Friend & Mine,

-Paul

Last edited by The Edit King; 05-23-07 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-23-07, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by The Edit King
Some of you may not believe it, and others may not even care, However, I am TOTALLY BESIDE MYSELF, and sincerely OVERJOYED & TEETS-UP HAPPY for my otter-kin (and all my other DVDTalk buds) that got in on that GREAT price of $19 or whatnot.

It's always a good day when our DVD Talk Pals get a good turn. I mean, after all the money we spend supporting the DVD/HD DVD & the Blu-ray Formats & Markets, it's really thrilling when stuff like that happens!

You may not realize it, but we are ONE HELL of a force to be reckoned with here at DVD Talk!

I can remember the FREAK OUT day we had going on here a few years back when Tower Records mis-priced a Pink Floyd Box Set for some similar price. A LOT of folks got in on that one.

So Congratulations to ALL the DVD Talk 'WINNERS', and I hope all those that 'Hope' they got in on time, really did!

I for one can't wait to see this kinda stuff happen again!

&

Your Friend & Mine,

-Paul
Sure, rub it in pal ...I missed out on this deal by a couple hours at most
Old 05-23-07, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
Sure, rub it in pal ...I missed out on this deal by a couple hours at most
Oh man!

I'm Sorry, Dean!

I missed this one too, but I've been here long enough to know that there will be YET ANOTHER CHANCE to grab that Golden DVD Deal!

Hang in there, keep yer eyes pealed, and when you see that sucker...don't hesitate!

POUNCE ON IT!!!

(...you can always cancel or what have you later if you have to.)

Best of Everything to ya!

-THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 05-23-07 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-23-07, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My Matrix order is pending, but should ship soon according to the CC rep I spoke to on the phone. My O.C. order got cancelled though.

What happened was I originally placed an order for the Matrix Trilogy. Then I read on here that The O.C. Season 4 was selling for 10 bucks and that an order over 24 bucks qualifies for free shipping. So I ordered The O.C. along with a 2nd copy of the Matrix.

When I got the e-mail yesterday saying only one copy per person, I figured they cancel the 2nd Matrix order and I'd get the remaining titles. But they cancelled the entire 2nd order, including The O.C.

The good news is the rep offered to send me a $30 gift card to make up for their mistake. Assuming it gets approved(she assured me she's never had one rejected), that's $60 in gift cards I've gotten the last 2 days from CC thanks to mistakes on both The O.C. and Pirates of the Carribean.
Old 05-23-07, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
My Matrix order is pending, but should ship soon according to the CC rep I spoke to on the phone. My O.C. order got cancelled though.

What happened was I originally placed an order for the Matrix Trilogy. Then I read on here that The O.C. Season 4 was selling for 10 bucks and that an order over 24 bucks qualifies for free shipping. So I ordered The O.C. along with a 2nd copy of the Matrix.

When I got the e-mail yesterday saying only one copy per person, I figured they cancel the 2nd Matrix order and I'd get the remaining titles. But they cancelled the entire 2nd order, including The O.C.

The good news is the rep offered to send me a $30 gift card to make up for their mistake. Assuming it gets approved(she assured me she's never had one rejected), that's $60 in gift cards I've gotten the last 2 days from CC thanks to mistakes on both The O.C. and Pirates of the Carribean.
I did the same thing - ordered matrix, then ordered OC + Matrix for FS. They canceled my matrix order w/in the OC order, but left OC alone. My other Matrix says it's "pending" still, and nothing has shipped.

I hope my OC remains fulfilled!
Old 05-23-07, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The main thing about these deals is do not hesitate. Jump on them immediately and only order one copy. Chances are you'll get lucky. Keep trying and keep posting these great deals.
Old 05-23-07, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Originally Posted by RocShemp
Well I still appear as pending.
Me too dammit!

The CC rep I talked to said the set is now on backorder (he wasn't too bright though) and said that it would ship when they got more in. I call BS but we will see, doesn't really matter when I get it, a week a month, as long as I get it at the $19.99 price I will be
Old 05-24-07, 12:41 AM

Well mine was delivered today, when I wasn't home, so naturally it got stolen. FedEx left it outside my door. Apparently I have signature release setup with them though I don't recall ever doing it. What's my recourse, if any? I'd say I'm SOL. I'm pretty sure it's the white trash next door that took it, though they wouldn't have a fucking clue what to do with an HD-DVD. Would calling the cops, telling them my suspicions and sending them next door help?
Old 05-24-07, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Sanitarium
Would calling the cops, telling them my suspicions and sending them next door help?
I doubt if they would do anything without proof. It sounds like your neighbors got an even better deal on this set than the rest of us.
I do find it absolutely rediculous that FEDEX (or any shipping company) just leaves packages on peoples doorsteps.
Old 05-24-07, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Originally Posted by Sanitarium
Well mine was delivered today, when I wasn't home, so naturally it got stolen. FedEx left it outside my door. Apparently I have signature release setup with them though I don't recall ever doing it. What's my recourse, if any? I'd say I'm SOL. I'm pretty sure it's the white trash next door that took it, though they wouldn't have a fucking clue what to do with an HD-DVD. Would calling the cops, telling them my suspicions and sending them next door help?
Unless the shipper sets up "no indirect delivery" on there end of the shipping, (its an option in the FedEx software) then its at the drivers discretion to leave it or not. 99% of companies don't do the "no indirect delivery" thing because, well they don't really care, they would rather have the driver leave it at the door and not have to deal with having it returned because nobody was there to sign for it. Drivers can get in SERIOUS trouble for leaving packages on the door with "no indirect delivery" as an option set up on the package, they HAVE to obtain a signature.

I would call CC and bitch hard core. Do you have the tracking #, what does it say who signed for it? Call CC and bitch and say it was never delivered. FedEx automatically insures packages for $100 so you will either get your DVD, get a refund because CC will get a refund from the insurance, or you can go over to your neighbors and fuck them up

Last edited by Mercury&Solace; 05-24-07 at 01:39 AM.
Old 05-24-07, 02:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I had some lousy neighbors who were stealing my packages many years ago, so I had a small sign made that's next to my mailbox (which is close to the door) asking that no packages be left on my doorstep. It's been there for three years, and Fedex is the only one that continues to do it anyway. All other mail carriers always leave notices.

Fedex sucks royally.
Old 05-24-07, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 340 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by edstein
The main thing about these deals is do not hesitate. Jump on them immediately and only order one copy. Chances are you'll get lucky. Keep trying and keep posting these great deals.
Without attempting to sound all "high and mighty", let's at least be honest about this: it's not a "deal" it's a pricing error.

We're taking advantage of a mistake, not jumping on a "deal".
Old 05-24-07, 07:42 AM

It's a deal for us. A mistake for them.
Old 05-24-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 270 Likes on 188 Posts
Originally Posted by Maxflier
I do find it absolutely rediculous that FEDEX (or any shipping company) just leaves packages on peoples doorsteps.
FedEx delivered my HD-XA2 to a random neighbor. Fortunately, the person was honest and brought it over the next day.
Old 05-24-07, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I doubt if they would do anything without proof. It sounds like your neighbors got an even better deal on this set than the rest of us.
Yup. I have to contact WHV for my Planet Earth set. I got my Matrix on Monday and it made me think "Why haven't I received my PE set yet." Apparently it was delivered a couple weeks ago. Sucks.
Old 05-24-07, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I called CC this morning since my status on their website is still listed as pending and the only emails that I have received (order confirmation and back/special order has not yet arrived) came on Sunday evening. She said the status should be listed as backordered. When I acknowledged the pricing mistake and that (i.e. CC) stated they would fill one order each per person, she said yes and that my order would be filled once more stock comes in. So those who have their online status as pending should eventually receive this set. I guess we'll simply have to be patient.
Old 05-24-07, 11:58 AM

I was living in the ghetto hills of pittsburgh pa with 5 roomates. Well everyone was either at work or school except for one roomate who was sleeping. 11 or 12 rolls by and he wakes up and goes to take a leak and notices 2 people/bummy looking people are walking down our road. One male and one female. They stopped dead in their tracks and walked towards our house. walked back out on the street only to be holding a package. My roomate then flipped and zipped and ran downstairs and outside in his boxers. He ran all the way at the end of the street and started snapping on them and grabbed the package right from their hands.

Just goes to show what this effin world has come to. Hopeless people, I swear.

I also ordered a dvd from import cd . com or something. "things to do". I ordered it on the 9th they said they shipped it on the 10th. it still has yet to come. standard shipping though and its coming from CA. But i live in a much safer place now with a little mail slot. So it better be getting here soon.
Old 05-24-07, 12:02 PM

I got my cancellation notice for the O.C.

My Matrix order is still pending.

Here's what I did:
At lunch I went to Circuit City B&M. I took printouts of my original order, my backorder status page, a screenshot of the original 19.99 price, and a copy of the email saying that they would honor the 19.99 price. I asked them to sell me a copy at that price and they did.

Walked out a happy camper. Give it a shot! This was in Ann Arbor, MI.
Old 05-24-07, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Circuit City must be taking it in the shorts honoring even 1 order per email address/name for all the orders that came in for the $19.99 price.
Old 05-24-07, 01:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evil
I got my cancellation notice for the O.C.

My Matrix order is still pending.

Here's what I did:
At lunch I went to Circuit City B&M. I took printouts of my original order, my backorder status page, a screenshot of the original 19.99 price, and a copy of the email saying that they would honor the 19.99 price. I asked them to sell me a copy at that price and they did.

Walked out a happy camper. Give it a shot! This was in Ann Arbor, MI.
You know, that's not a bad idea. Would someone mind forwarding me a copy of the email that says they're honoring the price mistake? I never received one.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.