Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Matrix HD DVD Collection 5/22, Blu-ray at a later date

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Matrix HD DVD Collection 5/22, Blu-ray at a later date

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-07, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please try again. why do you place stock in the apparent sales of your "friend" with his internet company (which might be moving around a hundred titles a week if my friends are to be believed) against the 50% market share tracking of neilsen?
A million dollars in a single month gross sales of Blu-ray and HD DVD, smartass.

The first step to learning something is admitting you don't know everything.
Old 12-16-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
This is rather off-track for discussion of The Matrix Trilogy.
Old 12-16-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Robert George
A million dollars in a single month gross sales of Blu-ray and HD DVD, smartass.

posting on the internet can be fun can't it. my friend sells 2 million dollars worth per month! ha. i also happen to know the last hiding place of the ark but can't post it on this forum. soz.

enough childish games. someone comes on here claiming they have information but can't share it. says they hate rumours, then tries to start one. and we're not supposed to be a little suspicious? pull the other one.
Old 12-16-07, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Robert George

Resorting to personal attacks is not going to get anyone to agree with you. I'm sorry but you really do come across as a fanboy now.
Old 12-16-07, 02:06 PM
Premium Member

Received 699 Likes on 466 Posts
Great, another decent thread derailed and shot to hell.
Old 12-16-07, 02:14 PM

Resorting to personal attacks is not going to get anyone to agree with you.
Oh, you mean like calling someone a liar without having anything to prove it?

I'm sorry but you really do come across as a fanboy now.
Yeah, but a fan of what?

Old 12-16-07, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Glad I'm not the only one thinking that.

No one in this forum has a clue what will happen with Warner. It could be a switch to one or the other or nothing at all and they still support both.

Neither format is doing much to impress sales wise. 160,000 copies of Pirates is laughable considering how long the formats have been out and they both are still trumpeting their 100k for a single title weeks. 3 million BD players in the US (counting PS3) and they sell a major release to 5% of those owners. Awesome.
Old 12-16-07, 05:31 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
I agree. No more posts about Warner making decisions. Even Robert said he couldn't say for sure which way they would go, so it's a 50/50 shot.
Old 12-18-07, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by The Cow
Great, another decent thread derailed and shot to hell.
By the same usual suspects. Again. And again.
Old 12-18-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
By the same usual suspects. Again. And again.
Thank the person with the first post to derail the thread. Shouldn't be that hard to find.
Old 12-18-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
Thank the person with the first post to derail the thread. Shouldn't be that hard to find.
I don't think it was Robert George that derailed the thread, if that is what you are getting at.

His first few posts bring up salient points about Warner and their current stance in regards to format exclusivity, and that is totally on topic with people waiting for news on a BD release of The Matrix. It sounds as though he has some inside sources, albeit at a limited level.

There are some that take any hint of bad news or criticism of their pet format as a call to arms.

THAT is what I saw in this thread.
Old 12-18-07, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
I don't think it was Robert George that derailed the thread, if that is what you are getting at.

His first few posts bring up salient points about Warner and their current stance in regards to format exclusivity, and that is totally on topic with people waiting for news on a BD release of The Matrix. It sounds as though he has some inside sources, albeit at a limited level.

There are some that take any hint of bad news or criticism of their pet format as a call to arms.

THAT is what I saw in this thread.
How seriously can you take someone that says that Best Buy was "bought" off by the BDA? Heck take a look at the BOGO on both formats offered up this week. If you read my posts, I had no issue with anything he said till he brought up the Best Buy part. While other posters asked the right questions, Robert took it the wrong way and started with the personal attacks.
Old 12-19-07, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
Robert, you had me going till your last paragraph about Best Buy being "bought off". Trust me, if Best Buy was bought off by the BDA, you wouldn't see a single hd-dvd at any one of their stores. Plus the BDA would be trumpeting this as a coup as well. Thanks for the laugh.
Call me tin hat crazy, but I kinda believe it. Ive noticed at the 2 best buys I occasionally frequent, than unless it's a first week new release of a big film, HD-DVD's a BB are allways MSRP, while the BD is allways under MSRP (about 10-20%). I could totally see best buy in a couple of months time discontinuning to sell HDDVD due to 'poor sales'. Maybe the BDA is offering BB added incentives to sell more BD and price HD-DVD higher. Just because you are a discount retailer doesnt mean you have to sell stuff at a discount.
Old 12-19-07, 02:18 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If you don't have anything to say about The Matrix on HD DVD or Blu-ray, then this isn't the thread for you.
Old 12-19-07, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by uli2000
Call me tin hat crazy, but I kinda believe it. Ive noticed at the 2 best buys I occasionally frequent, than unless it's a first week new release of a big film, HD-DVD's a BB are allways MSRP, while the BD is allways under MSRP (about 10-20%). I could totally see best buy in a couple of months time discontinuning to sell HDDVD due to 'poor sales'. Maybe the BDA is offering BB added incentives to sell more BD and price HD-DVD higher. Just because you are a discount retailer doesnt mean you have to sell stuff at a discount.
I tend to believe that the studios themselves have some say as to what price their discs will sell for in the store. This doesn't just apply to Best Buy but to Wal-Mart, Circuit City and others. Best Buy has to make some profit off of their discs and if they are not getting the HD-Dvds at a somewhat discounted price so that it can be passed on to the customer then they have no choice but to sell the discs at or near MSRP. The Blu-Ray studios are trying harder to get people to buy their discs by offering better prices or b1g1f offers. Now bring on The Matrix for Blu-Ray.

Last edited by dsa_shea; 12-19-07 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-04-08, 05:26 PM

does this mean we will finally get the matrix trilogy on blu-ray ?!?!
Old 01-04-08, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
In 2035. When Warner Brothers actually gets their act together and ships product.