Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Your Blu-ray wish list / "When will _______ be on Blu-ray?"

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Your Blu-ray wish list / "When will _______ be on Blu-ray?"

Old 12-26-08, 09:59 PM
  #226  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,594
Slumdog Millionaire is pretty much a given.
NiCK Crush is offline  
Old 12-27-08, 09:31 AM
  #227  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Canuckistan
Posts: 10,027
Dragon: A Bruce Lee Story.
Shazam is offline  
Old 12-27-08, 09:37 AM
  #228  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DarthVong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 5,777
Blu-Ray

Indiana Jones Trilogy
Star Wars
Halloween 2-Resurrection
Lethal Weapon 3 and 4
DarthVong is offline  
Old 12-27-08, 11:22 AM
  #229  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California
Posts: 239
Blu-ray

LOTR
E.T.
Jurassic Park
Gladiator
Toy Story 1 & 2, Monsters Inc, A Bug's Life and The Incredibles
Aladdin
Spirited Away
Mulan
Tombstone
Road to Perdition
Aliens
X2
Pulp Fiction
Titanic
The Ring
filmfreak is offline  
Old 12-27-08, 06:12 PM
  #230  
Senior Member
 
MichaelMeyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 904
Off the top of my head a couple of the movies i'd like to see on Blu-ray next year are:

Fight Club
Seven
the rest of the Pixar Movies
Fargo
Lost Season 1,2

On a general note for Blu-ray itself i'd like to see the costs of discs start coming down further.
MichaelMeyers is offline  
Old 12-27-08, 09:07 PM
  #231  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Ghostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,953
I don't think any of these have been announced yet...

Indiana Jones (first three films)
Jurassic Park
Last of the Mohicans (Daniel Day-Lewis version)
Star Wars (original trilogy)
Tombstone
Ghostbuster is offline  
Old 12-27-08, 09:35 PM
  #232  
DVD Talk Hero
 
PopcornTreeCt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,916
Originally Posted by filmfreak View Post
Blu-ray

LOTR
E.T.
Jurassic Park
Gladiator
Toy Story 1 & 2, Monsters Inc, A Bug's Life and The Incredibles
Aladdin
Spirited Away
Mulan
Tombstone
Road to Perdition
Aliens
X2
Pulp Fiction
Titanic
The Ring
If you're a really big fan, this can be had for around $41 at Axel Music. It's Region Free, removable subtitles, and plays in the Playstation 3.

It looks fantastic too.
PopcornTreeCt is offline  
Old 12-27-08, 10:10 PM
  #233  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nightmare Alley
Posts: 17,112
Black Narcissus
Playtime
Johnny Guitar
Psycho
Vertigo
Rear Window
Badlands
Blow-Up

The Films of Kenneth Anger, Vol. I & II
Chinatown
Citizen Kane
Magnificent Ambersons
Greed
Rebel Without a Cause
Rosemary's Baby
Werckmeister Harmonies
Peeping Tom
Faust
The Asphalt Jungle
The Killing
Napoleon
(Gance)
Pandora's Box
Nosferatu
Tabu
Fright Night
The Game
The Haunting
(Wise)
I Am Cuba
Laura
Cat People
(Tourneur)
The Maltese Falcon
Manhattan
Misfits
The Mosquito Coast
The Naked Island
Nashville
Night of the Hunter
On the Waterfront
Parallax View
The Passenger
Repo Man
Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid
Ride the High Country
Seconds
Shane
Sunrise
Sunset Blvd
Sweet Smell of Success
Thin Red Line
Thin Blue Line

Three Colors Trilogy
Touch of Evil
Party Girl
Vampyr
Weekend
Valerie and her Week of Wonders
8 1/2
All That Heaven Allows
Army of Shadows
Brazil
Double Life of Veronique
Eyes Without a Face
Grand Illusion
If....
In the Mood for Love
Jules and Jim
M
Spione
Nights of Cabiria
The River
Le Samourai
La Strada
Thief of Bagdad
The Face of Another
Ugetsu
Videodrome
Suspiria
The Leopard
NoirFan is offline  
Old 12-27-08, 11:03 PM
  #234  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,482
^^^You're gonna piss off Santa with that long list.
DVD Polizei is online now  
Old 12-28-08, 12:42 AM
  #235  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Blu-ray.com
Posts: 10,380
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Black Narcissus
It is out on a Region-Free disc in the UK.

Also, from your list there are three titles that are prepped for 2009 release

Pro-B
pro-bassoonist is offline  
Old 12-28-08, 02:53 PM
  #236  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JimRochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Rochester, NY. USA
Posts: 18,008
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Black Narcissus
Playtime
Johnny Guitar
Psycho
Vertigo
Rear Window
Badlands
Blow-Up

The Films of Kenneth Anger, Vol. I & II
Chinatown
Citizen Kane
Magnificent Ambersons
Greed
Rebel Without a Cause
Rosemary's Baby
Werckmeister Harmonies
Peeping Tom
Faust
The Asphalt Jungle
The Killing
Napoleon
(Gance)
Pandora's Box
Nosferatu
Tabu
Fright Night
The Game
The Haunting
(Wise)
I Am Cuba
Laura
Cat People
(Tourneur)
The Maltese Falcon
Manhattan
Misfits
The Mosquito Coast
The Naked Island
Nashville
Night of the Hunter
On the Waterfront
Parallax View
The Passenger
Repo Man
Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid
Ride the High Country
Seconds
Shane
Sunrise
Sunset Blvd
Sweet Smell of Success
Thin Red Line
Thin Blue Line

Three Colors Trilogy
Touch of Evil
Party Girl
Vampyr
Weekend
Valerie and her Week of Wonders
8 1/2
All That Heaven Allows
Army of Shadows
Brazil
Double Life of Veronique
Eyes Without a Face
Grand Illusion
If....
In the Mood for Love
Jules and Jim
M
Spione
Nights of Cabiria
The River
Le Samourai
La Strada
Thief of Bagdad
The Face of Another
Ugetsu
Videodrome
Suspiria
The Leopard
That has to be the longest list of movies I've never heard of ever. Did you make those titles up? j/k
JimRochester is offline  
Old 12-28-08, 03:06 PM
  #237  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Posts: 1,082
Originally Posted by filmfreak View Post
Blu-ray
Pulp Fiction
Holy thread resurrection!

http://www.axelmusic.dk/productDetails/5704028215990

I hear the transfer is very good! Not perfect, but very good.

People have confirmed its Region A and should work in all PS3's ect.

Or you can wait until Aug. 09 for it to hit the states
Mercury&Solace is offline  
Old 12-28-08, 03:43 PM
  #238  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
The Bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 54,853
Bad Boys 2
The Bus is offline  
Old 12-28-08, 06:36 PM
  #239  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nightmare Alley
Posts: 17,112
Originally Posted by The Bus View Post
Bad Boys 2
You're certainly easily satisfied.
NoirFan is offline  
Old 12-28-08, 11:23 PM
  #240  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 52,482
Blu-ray: Hellbound: Hellraiser II - 20th Anniversary Edition

Actually, all the Hellraiser movies on Blu-ray. One big fatass box set, with a pinhead statue which has REAL pins it, and oozes blood when you press his nose.
DVD Polizei is online now  
Old 12-29-08, 02:30 AM
  #241  
DVD Talk Hero
 
PopcornTreeCt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,916
Originally Posted by Mercury&Solace View Post
Holy thread resurrection!

http://www.axelmusic.dk/productDetails/5704028215990

I hear the transfer is very good! Not perfect, but very good.

People have confirmed its Region A and should work in all PS3's ect.

Or you can wait until Aug. 09 for it to hit the states
Dude...

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt View Post
If you're a really big fan, this can be had for around $41 at Axel Music. It's Region Free, removable subtitles, and plays in the Playstation 3.

It looks fantastic too.
PopcornTreeCt is offline  
Old 12-29-08, 02:54 AM
  #242  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Posts: 1,082
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt View Post
Dude...
Mercury&Solace is offline  
Old 12-29-08, 07:58 AM
  #243  
DVD Talk Legend
 
FantasticVSDoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: No longer trapped
Posts: 11,610
By biggest wish is some really good sales so I can get caught up on some Ive missed this past year (plus for some of the new ones coming out)... Unfortunately the budget is a bitch right now.
FantasticVSDoom is offline  
Old 12-29-08, 08:15 AM
  #244  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tennessee (but don't hold that against me)
Posts: 512
I'd give anything for:

TOMMY (1975 - sony/columbia)

HEAVY METAL (1981 - sony/columbia)

THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW (1975 - fox)
bearkiss is offline  
Old 12-29-08, 08:35 AM
  #245  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lakeville, MN
Posts: 3,070
Sling Blade
Dazed & Confused (Criterion)
The Big Lebowski
Chairman of the Board
Bio-Dome
SonOfAStu is offline  
Old 12-29-08, 11:04 AM
  #246  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bluetoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,493
1.) Criterion releases of Kurosawa is my number 1 request. Wes who? We already have Bottle Rocket, it's time for make way for Kurosawa!

2.) A Criterion BD-Live network. Hopefully something like WB's BD-Live community, such that we can have commentary from the experts, historians, DPs, which aren't on the DVD itself. I'm sure Criterion could do something awesome with this.

3.) In 2009...improve BD-Live all around. WB's TDK disc showed the potential, but what's with the windowboxing? The streaming? More studios should allow us to download the features.

4.) Rush Hour 1 and 2. I love these movies, I'd buy the trilogy set. (I think this is coming, according to some inserts).

5.) Jackie Chan movies in general, in particular Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, and the stuff before the 2000s or so.

6.) Like someone else said, Dragon Dynasty titles in Blu!

7.) Pixar. If they do 1 or 2 releases a year I'll be fine with that, as long as they're definitive. Looks like that will probably be the case, Bug's Life, and hopefully something in the Fall.

8.) Deadwood, Wire, Rome complete series sets!

9.) More animation in general. This is a stretch, but I would like to see Disney Treasures (including their live action), Popeye sets, Looney Tunes in Blu.

10.) Sergio Leone: mainly Colossus of Rhodes and the Eastwood movies.

11.) TV Shows. Not as many people are going to buy a random season 3 or season 5 set in Blu if the previous seasons aren't available!

I'm probably forgetting a lot of things, but if I got the above list, I can forget them for another year.
bluetoast is offline  
Old 12-29-08, 11:29 AM
  #247  
Moderator
 
Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 33,494
1) Prospero's Books
2) The Boyfriend
3) The Devils
4) Playtime [direct 65mm transfer]
5) Little Shop of Horrors (Frank Oz remake) (w/ alternate ending, of course)
6) It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
7) 8 Diagram Pole Fighter
8) The Innocents
9) Mario Bava's films
10) Gojira

Last edited by Giles; 12-29-08 at 01:58 PM.
Giles is offline  
Old 12-29-08, 01:45 PM
  #248  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 593
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Dragon: A Bruce Lee Story.
Very strong ditto to that! Also, I'd love to see any Hitchcock set, but particularly Rear Window, Psycho, North by Northwest, The Birds, etc.
MisterHowie is offline  
Old 12-29-08, 03:35 PM
  #249  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Posts: 3,905
Originally Posted by Giles View Post
6) It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Totally with you on that one. I know Robert Harris was working on getting the "complete" version of the film restored...and given that there are so many different cuts of this film (and deleted material) it seems perfect for Blu. I think the technology will allow for multiple cuts on one disc, with branching. I would love to see it.
macnorton is offline  
Old 12-29-08, 03:40 PM
  #250  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 23,226
Originally Posted by The Bus View Post
Bad Boys 2
Seconded!
PixyJunket is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.