Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

HD DVD / Blu-ray software bargains

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

HD DVD / Blu-ray software bargains

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-06, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
They also ship a helluva lot faster than amazon.
Do you have prime? My Charlie shipped on Friday and will be here today. BB shipped today and will be here tomorrow (shipped from OK).

Good price though!
Old 10-09-06, 10:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RockStrongo
Do you have prime? My Charlie shipped on Friday and will be here today. BB shipped today and will be here tomorrow (shipped from OK).

Good price though!
Hell no. I'm not paying extra for that shit.
Old 10-09-06, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just picked up Batman and Charlie at buy.com with the $10 coupon. About $16.50 for both shipped plus I'm going to have them price-matched. They also ship a helluva lot faster than amazon.
What do you mean price-matched? Does buy.com offer some sort of price guarantee?
Old 10-09-06, 11:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by flashburn
What do you mean price-matched? Does buy.com offer some sort of price guarantee?
Yes sir. look in the "help" section.
Old 10-09-06, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hmm nice, if they honor that plus the coupon that would be pretty sweet!
Old 10-09-06, 11:40 AM

Hell no. I'm not paying extra for that shit.
Im not either....im trying it free for 3 months....I think everyone gets that option when signing up....im not sure though.
Old 10-09-06, 11:51 AM
Banned

The buy.com coupon needs to stop. I've placed 4 or 5 orders. I can't deal with these bargains.
Old 10-09-06, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just picked up Batman and Charlie at buy.com with the $10 coupon. About $16.50 for both shipped plus I'm going to have them price-matched. They also ship a helluva lot faster than amazon.
On Friday I also placed an order for Batman Begins (paired it with The Adventures of Robin Hood). However, despite the immediate confirming e-mails from Google and Buy.com, I see no sign of the order in my Buy.com account, but there does appear to be a temp charge on my credit card for the correct amount (supposedly the Google charge appears immediately).

So I am in "wait and see" mode as to how well all this works.

I'll be interested to see if your price match is successful.
Old 10-09-06, 12:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lizard
On Friday I also placed an order for Batman Begins (paired it with The Adventures of Robin Hood). However, despite the immediate confirming e-mails from Google and Buy.com, I see no sign of the order in my Buy.com account, but there does appear to be a temp charge on my credit card for the correct amount (supposedly the Google charge appears immediately).

So I am in "wait and see" mode as to how well all this works.

I'll be interested to see if your price match is successful.
You're not going to see it on buy.com. You have to log in to your google account. All of your orders are there. I know, I did the same thing. I've gotten almost all my orders that I've already placed.
Old 10-09-06, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DFnyc, have you had prior success getting buy.com to honor the price match, despite using the $10 coupon.
Old 10-09-06, 02:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nonametofame
DFnyc, have you had prior success getting buy.com to honor the price match, despite using the $10 coupon.
We'll see.

Either way, it's still cheaper and faster than Amazon.

Edit: well...it doesn't work. they said it can't be combined with a coupon. Oh well. It was worth a shot. Still cheaper than Amazon.

Last edited by digitalfreaknyc; 10-09-06 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-09-06, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We'll see.

Edit: well...it doesn't work. they said it can't be combined with a coupon. Oh well. It was worth a shot. Still cheaper than Amazon.
Phew! Good thing it didn't work, or I would be spending even MORE money on HD DVD's. I honestly never thought we would be paying only $16-$20 for most titles this early on.
Old 10-09-06, 08:38 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Actually, not this time. I've already got my Charlie & The Chocolate Factory and Willy Wonka/Corpse Bride shipped today.
Old 10-10-06, 08:15 AM

It might be a bit cheaper, but not faster (at least for me)....Charlie arrived yesterday and Batman Begins arrives today.

I hope amazon has their shit together now.
Old 10-10-06, 08:34 AM
Banned

It might be a bit cheaper, but not faster (at least for me)....Charlie arrived yesterday and Batman Begins arrives today.

I hope amazon has their shit together now.
It's probably only because you used Prime. They seem to get those out faster.
Old 10-10-06, 08:37 AM

It's probably only because you used Prime. They seem to get those out faster.
Yeah, maybe so....my trial ends soon....dont know if I want to pay the $80 for a year.
Old 10-10-06, 08:45 AM

Yeah, maybe so....my trial ends soon....dont know if I want to pay the $80 for a year.
I average 5 Amazon deliveries a week, so it's paid off for itself by now.

I just renewed it in August.
Old 10-10-06, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the buy.com tip. Amazon has not bothered to ship my Batman or Fast Times yet, so I went ahead and cancelled there and re-ordered. The HD-DVDs are just over $20, so if you add a CD or something for $10 or so you can basically get the $10 item for free. I was able to get 2 CDs I wanted for a couple dollars more than my amazon.com pre-order.
Old 10-10-06, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by juanmgonzalez
I average 5 Amazon deliveries a week, so it's paid off for itself by now.

I just renewed it in August.
Yeah, I dont get that many shipments....it definately sounds good for you.

I like the free 2 day shipping, but I think I can just bundle some titles and get free ground shipping.

Alot of my preorders are coming from dvdplanet anyways since I have alot of credit there.
Old 10-10-06, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts
It's well worth the cost, especially if you order from Amazon frequently. Two-day shipping is absolutely great, as is the lack of sales tax. What sweetens the deal even more is that 7 times out of 10, you get the purchased item in just one day, depending on when the order's placed.
Old 10-10-06, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Vipper II
It's well worth the cost, especially if you order from Amazon frequently. Two-day shipping is absolutely great, as is the lack of sales tax. What sweetens the deal even more is that 7 times out of 10, you get the purchased item in just one day, depending on when the order's placed.
Damn it! Stop it!

Im just about to spend $130 on a monster power center and $500 on ISF calibration! I cant spend anymore!

Old 10-10-06, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're not going to see it on buy.com. You have to log in to your google account. All of your orders are there. I know, I did the same thing. I've gotten almost all my orders that I've already placed.
Right you are; that was the only place the orders were listed. But I just got shipping notices for both titles (shipping separately for some reason) a few minutes ago, so I am a happy customer thus far.

You remember the talk in the Bargains forum about this Google/Buy.com deal not working on pre-orders? Wasn't true for Batman Begins HD DVD, so I hope that I might get a chance on the Superman HD DVDs if they get listed before the deal goes away.
Old 10-10-06, 12:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lizard
Right you are; that was the only place the orders were listed. But I just got shipping notices for both titles (shipping separately for some reason) a few minutes ago, so I am a happy customer thus far.

You remember the talk in the Bargains forum about this Google/Buy.com deal not working on pre-orders? Wasn't true for Batman Begins HD DVD, so I hope that I might get a chance on the Superman HD DVDs if they get listed before the deal goes away.
The only reason Batman was up was because they had changed the "pre-order" to "in stock" the weekend before. I don't think it was up there much before that.

ALL of my buy.com orders have shipped separately. You'd think with free shipping, they'd care but apparently, no. They'll definitely be getting more of my money. I never really used them before this.
Old 10-10-06, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My local Target was in the process of clearing a section for BD/HD DVD today. I had gotten Batman last week from this same one. Picked up Fast and the Furious 1 for $19.99. The guy scanned the tag barcode and went to the back for it. He said it was the only copy. They didn't have titles out yet as they were still realigning the dvds. I'm gonna stop by tonight and see if they have everything set up. If Target can keep a good stock of these titles and share similar pricing as Amazon and Walmart, ie $5 less than Best Buy, then I'll be buying most of my HD product there.
Old 10-11-06, 12:53 AM
Banned

My order was placed yesterday at Buy.com and already Charlie was shipped. Now just waiting on Batman. They definitely get an A+ from me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.