Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Spoiler Slippage

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-22, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts
Re: Spoiler Slippage

Originally Posted by rbrown498
New year, same request: Can we do anything about the added lines before and after spoilers? It's rough for challenge posts when spoilers are used, and it's REALLY rough in the "2020 & Beyond Media Spending Tab" thread in the DVD Talk forum, where the posts are now starting their third year of updates. I've gotten tired of taking out upwards of thirty extra lines every time that I post a new disc that I've bought (which is, unfortunately, far too often), so now I'm just going to take out extra lines at the end of every month, even if it makes my spoilers have inches of blank space between them. Help us, IBJoel--you're our only hope!
Oaf, I hear that. I was thinking the 2020 & Beyond Media Spending thread would be a great way to not have to hassle the mods every year any maybe give us all a place to easily CTR F and find out when/if we bought things over a span of multiple years instead of searching multiple posts. In reality it has become much more of a burden than I was thinking but as you mentioned not isolated, as I am having this issue in challenges and the deal forum as well.
The following users liked this post:
rbrown498 (01-10-22)
Old 07-23-22, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

As we draw near to another OHMC I would be remiss not to point out that this is still happening
Old 07-25-22, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Received 1,068 Likes on 621 Posts

I really don't know that this will be fixed. It's going to be a core change for an extremely small use case. Most forums we own just don't engage with the editor like this on such a mass scale.