Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Image & Signature Limits

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Image & Signature Limits

Old 09-23-20, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts
Image & Signature Limits

As the OHMC nears I am again reminded that the limits on both images in post and characters in signatures are too low.

Can we raise those? Even going from 60 to 75 would help with images.

With signature I recently tried reworking mine actually dropping down to just Horror challenges and spending tabs and even that came up too long for the system, and there is where my signature has been stuck for the last 2 years or so.

Last edited by SterlingBen; 09-26-20 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-24-20, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts
Re: Image & Signature Limits

Originally Posted by SterlingBen View Post
As the OHMC nears I am again reminded that the limits on both images in post and characters in signatures are too low.

Can we raise those? Even going from 60 to 75 would help with images.

With signature I recently tried reworking mine actually dropping down to just Horror challenges and spending tabs and even that came up too long for the system, and their is where my signature has been stuck for the last 2 years or so.
The issue with raising the image limit is that you can crash a page, especially if you're on mobile. I'll see about the signature size. That might have been truncated at some point with a site update.
Old 09-24-20, 07:58 PM

Received 207 Likes on 124 Posts

Do signatures even show up on the mobile browser? I don't think I know how to enable them, if they can.
Old 09-26-20, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
The issue with raising the image limit is that you can crash a page, especially if you're on mobile. I'll see about the signature size. That might have been truncated at some point with a site update.
Signature successfully updated, thank you. (any chance of getting a small bump to 65 on the image limit? Enough to solve my issue not quite enough to bring down the site. (or maybe a seniority based system on image limit, I know Chad ran into this too).
Old 10-16-20, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

I, too, am having signature size issues - and it's a new thing. I had no problems with the Sci-Fi challenge but it won't let me change it for the Horror one. Even if I remove the entire line with the Sci-Fi list link it says it's too long when I try to save it.
Old 10-19-20, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts

I believe I changed it to 1,000 characters, not including BBCode.