Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Can't get to last page of thread

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Can't get to last page of thread

Old 01-24-20, 03:03 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75,114
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Can't get to last page of thread

This only happens on mobile. There are occasionally threads when you hit "go to last post" button, it takes you to the 2nd to last page of the thread. I can't get to the last page. Only way to bypass it is if you switch to full view mode for the forum, rather than the mobile mode it is on. This happening to anyone else?

Using mobile chrome browser on an Android phone. Sort of annoying.
Old 01-24-20, 03:07 PM
  #2  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 775
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Re: Can't get to last page of thread

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
This only happens on mobile. There are occasionally threads when you hit "go to last post" button, it takes you to the 2nd to last page of the thread. I can't get to the last page. Only way to bypass it is if you switch to full view mode for the forum, rather than the mobile mode it is on. This happening to anyone else?

Using mobile chrome browser on an Android phone. Sort of annoying.
Can you link me to one of the threads? I'll take a look. Although I'll also note that this is often the case for longer threads where there's been a lot of deleted posts. The database needs a cycle or something (I'm not a tech person) to "flush them out".

Last edited by IBJoel; 01-24-20 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-24-20, 03:26 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,158
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: Can't get to last page of thread

This sounds smilar to the case on non-mobile browsers, as well. Occasionally, a thread will show an extra page, but clicking on that page number simply takes you to the page you're already on.

It doesn't seem to happen as much, since the upgrade, but I do see it now and then.
Old 01-24-20, 03:31 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Obi-Wan Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 10,808
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Can't get to last page of thread

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
This sounds smilar to the case on non-mobile browsers, as well. Occasionally, a thread will show an extra page, but clicking on that page number simply takes you to the page you're already on.

It doesn't seem to happen as much, since the upgrade, but I do see it now and then.
Is your "Posts Per page" set to the default number? I used to get that when I was on the default number (it has something to do with posts being deleted from the thread) but have never seen it again since I raised my number of posts per page to 40 a couple of years ago.
Old 01-24-20, 04:04 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75,114
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Can't get to last page of thread

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Can you link me to one of the threads? I'll take a look. Although I'll also note that this is often the case for longer threads where there's been a lot of deleted posts. The database needs a cycle or something (I'm not a tech person) to "flush them out".
This thread is the most recent offender: https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/64...ll-access.html
Old 01-24-20, 04:46 PM
  #6  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 775
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Re: Can't get to last page of thread

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
This thread is the most recent offender: https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/64...ll-access.html
Looking OK to me. I see 8 pages and I can get to the 8th page. Try bypassing your cache while on the last page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...ass_your_cache
Old 01-24-20, 04:50 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,158
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: Can't get to last page of thread

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
Is your "Posts Per page" set to the default number? I used to get that when I was on the default number (it has something to do with posts being deleted from the thread) but have never seen it again since I raised my number of posts per page to 40 a couple of years ago.
No, I'm set to 40, as well.
Old 01-24-20, 05:09 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75,114
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Can't get to last page of thread

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Looking OK to me. I see 8 pages and I can get to the 8th page. Try bypassing your cache while on the last page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...ass_your_cache
This is mobile, not on a PC
Old 01-24-20, 05:33 PM
  #9  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 775
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Re: Can't get to last page of thread

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
This is mobile, not on a PC
Are you using the mobile skin or the desktop skin? Desktop skin is not built for mobile, so you'll likely have hiccups like this, now and then.
Old 01-24-20, 10:43 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75,114
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Can't get to last page of thread

Mobile skin on my phone on Chrome
Old 01-25-20, 02:57 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75,114
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Can't get to last page of thread

This thread is now doing it too: https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/64...1-23-20-a.html

Hitting arrows and going to last page by inputting the # does nothing.
Old 01-26-20, 03:38 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75,114
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Can't get to last page of thread

Now this thread is doing it: https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-tal...yant-dead.html

I cleared my cache too on my mobile browser and it did nothing
Old 01-27-20, 12:03 PM
  #13  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 775
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Re: Can't get to last page of thread

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Now this thread is doing it: https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-tal...yant-dead.html

I cleared my cache too on my mobile browser and it did nothing
How many posts per page do you have set? I'm at 25 on mobile and it is displaying 8 pages, all of which I'm able to access, when when logged out.

EDIT: While logged in, I have 40 posts/page and see 5 pages, which I can get to.
Old 01-27-20, 12:24 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75,114
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Can't get to last page of thread

40 post per page
Old 01-28-20, 09:32 AM
  #15  
Admin-MemeCat
 
VinVega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Caught between the moon and NYC
Posts: 31,945
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Can't get to last page of thread

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Now this thread is doing it: https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-tal...yant-dead.html

I cleared my cache too on my mobile browser and it did nothing
That might be due to the Kobe rape sidetrack of the thread. A lot of posts were deleted from that thread.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (01-28-20)
Old 01-28-20, 03:22 PM
  #16  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 775
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Re: Can't get to last page of thread

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
That might be due to the Kobe rape sidetrack of the thread. A lot of posts were deleted from that thread.
I noticed quite a few in the thread when logged in as an admin. I know threads with a lot of deleted posts cause this issue occasionally, having 40 posts/page might keep it happening.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.