Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Premium memberships?

Old 12-23-08, 12:01 PM
Banned

Cool!
Old 12-23-08, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by pilot View Post
For those who are concerned about Paypal (if you have one but do not want to sign up) - you can sign up then cancel your subscription, which then should not re-bill you again in another year. You go into your Paypal account, look for the subscription for the premium membership (you may have to go into you history) then select details, then click cancel subscription.
Ok thanks
Old 12-23-08, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by kuroiinu View Post

Edit: Just saw your response in the other thread. Thanks.
What other thread? I would like to keep up on this info.
Old 12-23-08, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by X View Post
Yes.
For those of you who were on the fence about disabling avatars, this should make your decision much easier.
Old 12-23-08, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Exactly, now you guys get to the see the funny stuff we put
Old 12-23-08, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Once I saw Twikoff signed up, I had to be a copycat!

DVDTalk saved me a shitload of cash, so $10.00 is nothing! Thanks!
Old 12-23-08, 07:23 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
What other thread? I would like to keep up on this info.
I was referring to IB-Dick's reply in another thread. He said that he hasn't changed the pay screen, and there was never an option to pay by credit card directly, without going through paypal. For some reason, I thought there was but I was wrong.
Old 12-23-08, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Ok thanks
Good idea...

I must have control over me Money. MINE
Old 12-23-08, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger View Post
Once I saw Twikoff signed up, I had to be a copycat!

DVDTalk saved me a shitload of cash, so $10.00 is nothing! Thanks!
i should get a commission or something
Old 01-02-09, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by IB-Dick View Post
As promised, here's a 50% off coupon for the Holidays that is good until January 2nd!

HOL-PZXV0
Bump as a reminder....
Old 01-02-09, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ The wording on that coupon code says good until January 2 - I would think that means through today. Wonder what exact time the code will become inactive. I'm the ultimate procrastinator and have been debating on and off whether this premium membership is worth $10. I've determined it's definitely not worth $20.
Old 01-02-09, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

One person said the code wasn't working. It could've been they were entering an "o" instead of zero at the end.
Old 01-02-09, 06:23 PM
Internet Brands

Originally Posted by cardsfan111 View Post
^ The wording on that coupon code says good until January 2 - I would think that means through today. Wonder what exact time the code will become inactive. I'm the ultimate procrastinator and have been debating on and off whether this premium membership is worth $10. I've determined it's definitely not worth $20.
It's dark outside until the sun comes up. As soon as the sun is up, it is no longer dark, because the sun is up. It doesn't say dark through the sun being up. The coupon was good until the second. Once it's the second, the coupon is no longer good.
Old 01-02-09, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, it's 11:00 pm EST and the code appears dead. Neither code - zero or letter-oh at the end - are valid. Oh well. $10 was a bit of a stretch, but $20 is definitely a non-sale. I can buy 4 more PPV DVDs for that money. DVD Talk's loss.
Old 01-02-09, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

IB-Dick You should give away memberships for free to newbs who make really good first posts (or within the first 10-20). Something well thought out and articulate. Don't advertise it, just do it maybe once a month or something.

I nominate QuirkyMovieGirl (I think it was her screenname) to win first.
Old 01-02-09, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
Well, it's 11:00 pm EST and the code appears dead. Neither code - zero or letter-oh at the end - are valid. Oh well. $10 was a bit of a stretch, but $20 is definitely a non-sale. I can buy 4 more PPV DVDs for that money. DVD Talk's loss.
Jeez. The coupon's only been active since the 20th and because YOU waited until the last minute and missed out it's the forum's loss?
Old 01-02-09, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MBoyd View Post
IB-Dick You should give away memberships for free to newbs who make really good first posts (or within the first 10-20). Something well thought out and articulate. Don't advertise it, just do it maybe once a month or something.

I nominate QuirkyMovieGirl (I think it was her screenname) to win first.
That's not a bad idea. Maybe even a once a month random drawing or something?
Old 01-02-09, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DarthVong View Post
Jeez. The coupon's only been active since the 20th and because YOU waited until the last minute and missed out it's the forum's loss?
I've been busy and had to run errands earlier and figured I had until midnight EST or PST. I don't like the idea of having to pay extra for such a heavily ad-supported site to get the "good stuff" either and that gave me pause. I contributed and have found good deals before I had to pay for the privilege and will continue until it appears the good stuff is disappearing behind a pay wall. It's Midnight EST now, so oh well. I keep my money.

Last edited by DirkBelig; 01-02-09 at 11:00 PM. Reason: added last sentence
Old 01-03-09, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been busy and had to run errands earlier and figured I had until midnight EST or PST. I don't like the idea of having to pay extra for such a heavily ad-supported site to get the "good stuff" either and that gave me pause. I contributed and have found good deals before I had to pay for the privilege and will continue until it appears the good stuff is disappearing behind a pay wall. It's Midnight EST now, so oh well. I keep my money.
Oh brother.
Old 01-03-09, 01:19 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by IB-Dick View Post
As promised, here's a 50% off coupon for the Holidays that is good until January 2nd!

HOL-PZXV0
Never did get the pay thing with paypal figured out. Guess I will wait for the next promo or when you accept credit card payments without paypal.
Old 01-03-09, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I think it's weird that people would want direct credit card transactions. Personally, I'm more comfortable with going through PayPal then a newly set up pay site and worrying about the site's security.
Old 01-03-09, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Kind of makes me wonder why IB just doesn't dump the stupid fucking coupon and make the membership $10. I'm willing to bet a lot more current and future members would sign up at that price.

Unless IB seriously thinks that all these paying members would have signed up even if they didn't have the 50% off coupon...
Old 01-03-09, 04:30 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

you've been running errands since the 20th...wow busy guy!
Old 01-03-09, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm sure the premium members are crying buckets.