Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

We need a Blu-Ray Bargains forum

Old 06-15-08, 09:44 PM

We need a Blu-Ray Bargains forum

Frankly, I hate having to rumage thru the DVD bargains forum looking for Blu-Ray movie bargains. It's beneath me to have to read thru the scrolls of mere DVD owners. Not to mention my time is extremely valuable.
Old 06-15-08, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This will end well.

Anyway, we have a thread here and DVD Bargains is a great place. Remember, Blu-ray sells maybe 1% of total DVD sales each week so its not wide spread enough to warrant its own forum. It took long enough to get a Videogame forum back in the day and that was a proven success.
Old 06-15-08, 10:02 PM

Well there is an HD Talk forum that is virtually 100% dedicated to Blu-Ray talk. So for a format with so little market share, there sure is alot of talk going on about it.
Old 06-15-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Jamers
Frankly, I hate having to rumage thru the DVD bargains forum looking for Blu-Ray movie bargains. It's beneath me to have to read thru the scrolls of mere DVD owners. Not to mention my time is extremely valuable.
You're overvaluing the worth of your time.
Old 06-15-08, 10:17 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by fumanstan
You're overvaluing your <s>the</s> worth <s>of your time.</s>
I don't normally fix a post, but this one is appropriate for OP.
Old 06-15-08, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't see what would be so bad about creating a sub-folder for HD bargains, in the HD folder.
Old 06-16-08, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Not until we get a Book Talk bargain forum, we don't...
Old 06-16-08, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
This will end well.

Anyway, we have a thread here and DVD Bargains is a great place. Remember, Blu-ray sells maybe 1% of total DVD sales each week so its not wide spread enough to warrant its own forum. It took long enough to get a Videogame forum back in the day and that was a proven success.
Has anyone promoted you to a mod status to determine what does or does not warrant the creation of a new subforum, citing false information? A simple agree or disagree with the request would have sufficed.

This being said, why would this not be a good idea?

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 06-16-08 at 02:08 AM.
Old 06-16-08, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, there are so few bargains on blu-rays as it is, a new sub-forum may not get much action.

The OP must want to incite us. Maybe this is some sort of sociology project meant to examine the effects of perceived elitism on the reactions of DVD enthusiasts. (Just a theory...)

As for my serious 2-cents, I prefer one bargains forum. It's just easier to scroll through everything in one place. If you're using the latest firefox, you can just type "blu" while surfing to find any blu-only threads that might have popped up.
Old 06-16-08, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well there is an HD Talk forum that is virtually 100% dedicated to Blu-Ray talk. So for a format with so little market share, there sure is alot of talk going on about it.
Alot of talk with very little substance by the same few people.
Old 06-16-08, 09:52 AM

Folks if you look at my join date, I preceded all of you. I was a pioneer in DVD. I've just moved on that's all. My point stands, a Blu-Ray bargains forum would be beneficial. I can remember the days when the HD Talk forum had very little activity too.
Old 06-16-08, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Folks if you look at my join date, I preceded all of you. I was a pioneer in DVD. I've just moved on that's all. My point stands, a Blu-Ray bargains forum would be beneficial. I can remember the days when the HD Talk forum had very little activity too.

Your post count begs to differ.
Old 06-16-08, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Take a number buddy!

I'm currently awaiting an official decision concerning my FOOD & FITNESS FORUM proposal.

Any day now.
Old 06-16-08, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We should make an Official Jamers Forum that only he can post in so that he doesn't get any dirt on his resplendent ivory robes whilst he walks amongst the filthy plebeians that populate DVDTalk. It's really the least we can do for him.
Old 06-16-08, 04:48 PM

Yes, Yes, good idea. Can you please name it Jamer's Blu-Ray Bargain forum? Finally someone with a good sense of humor. Thanks for the laugh.
Old 06-16-08, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by lordwow

Your post count begs to differ.
Leave him alone! He has a whole 478 posts!
Old 06-16-08, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've always been for a HD Bargains subforum. I think it would help sort out the clutter in the main thread and it would be a lot harder to miss a deal. I'm always surprised that most folks wouldn't appreciate a subforum, but just wanted to throw my opinion out there again.
Old 06-16-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I'd be up for an HD Bargains subforum too.
Old 06-16-08, 09:14 PM
Premium Member

Meh, the DVD Bargains front page covers 3 days as it is. And that's with several ad posts.

Just call that the movie/tv disc forum or something. HD specific bargains are rare at this point and when they happen they are noted as such.

Put my vote as opposed.
Old 06-16-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd state my opinion, but how dare I take up King Jamers precious time if he were to read it.

He's a pioneer and has moved on. We must move with him. He is, afterall, the most important person on this forum.

Jamers, if you didn't act like a complete douche, people might take your suggestions more seriously. Just a thought. Then again, since you were here a million years before everyone else, you probably already knew that...

= J
Old 06-16-08, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BravesMG
I've always been for a HD Bargains subforum. I think it would help sort out the clutter in the main thread and it would be a lot harder to miss a deal. I'm always surprised that most folks wouldn't appreciate a subforum, but just wanted to throw my opinion out there again.
I agree.

I use other forums for BD deals, though my post was deleted from this thread, I guess it was seen as competition.
Old 06-16-08, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by The Cow
HD specific bargains are rare at this point and when they happen they are noted as such.

Put my vote as opposed.
I think that at this point is anything but a solid reason not to have one. Especially given that there are plenty of people who are on record citing lack of desire to adopt the format.

My vote: yes, let's have one.

Pro-B
Old 06-16-08, 11:41 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist
I think that at this point is anything but a solid reason not to have one. Especially given that there are plenty of people who are on record citing lack of desire to adopt the format.

My vote: yes, let's have one.

Pro-B
Wow, you do get to be annoying. I thought it was just your Sony love before, but sheesh.

"plenty of people who are on record citing lack of desire to adopt the format" is anything but a solid reason either.

But go ahead, call it the Book/HD bargains thread.
Old 06-17-08, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Leave him alone! He has a whole 478 posts!
That's because he doesn't spend his life on this forum like some of us.

I want a BD Bargains forum too.
Old 06-17-08, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by BravesMG
I don't really care either way, but one reason I can think of is that it means another subforum that people have to go to and keep up with. That said, I'm not sure what kind of clutter you're speaking of, as the oldest post on the main HD Talk forum is from 6/10.

Also, I'm not sure there's enough bargains to warrant a subforum. There's maybe only 1 or 2 real bargains a week from what I can tell, but maybe that's just me.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.