Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-11, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Capital Punishment is a 2-disc Set on BD, and I'm starting to think the 2nd disc might be the All Star RAW from tonight.
Old 06-14-11, 07:46 PM

Hey, if anyone here is interested, I'm selling some VHS and DVDs on Ebay, including a Rare promotional DVD for the RAW Diva Search. http://shop.ebay.com/leesamarie22/m....id=p4340.l2562
Old 06-15-11, 06:24 AM

We don't get the Nitro DVD until the end of this month over here, was it any good? Not too many edits it there?
Old 06-15-11, 12:07 PM

One edit they should have made was not putting Evansville, IN as the place for Road Warriors vs. Sting and Luger in 1996. No clue where in the hell they got that one from. We didn't have a Nitro till May of 1998!
Old 06-15-11, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dillkid
We don't get the Nitro DVD until the end of this month over here, was it any good? Not too many edits it there?
You'll like it, if for the nostalgia and hoping another edition of this set comes out. Just finished watching it last night.
Old 06-16-11, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650
You'll like it, if for the nostalgia and hoping another edition of this set comes out. Just finished watching it last night.
I'll be getting this for my birthday next week then, along with a pile of Tagged Classics. Here's the cover art for the new Randy Orton DVD:
Old 06-16-11, 02:46 PM

I'll be getting this for my birthday next week then, along with a pile of Tagged Classics. Here's the cover art for the new Randy Orton DVD:
Where is the cover from? It's quite early for WWE to release it, isn't it? We have 2 more releases before then.
Old 06-16-11, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by md2810
Where is the cover from? It's quite early for WWE to release it, isn't it? We have 2 more releases before then.
Randy Orton's Official Twitter.
Old 06-16-11, 04:02 PM

Randy Orton's Official Twitter.
Oh... Twitter... Not really looking forward to this one, I'll check it out but more looking forward to the top 50 incidents set (if it's done right!)
Old 06-17-11, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Can someone tell me the best Stone Cold dvd compilation to get? It looks like there's several on Amazon. Thanks in advance for the advice.
Old 06-17-11, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Can someone tell me the best Stone Cold dvd compilation to get? It looks like there's several on Amazon. Thanks in advance for the advice.
I would go with 'The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin' it's a match compilation and I thought the best Austin DVD. Although Stone Cold Truth has a documentary, but it's not one of WWEs best efforts documentary wise (to be kind).
Old 06-17-11, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by md2810
Definitely getting this title as well.
Old 06-17-11, 04:07 PM
Banned

I will be buying it but that cover is just horrendous!
Old 06-17-11, 04:17 PM

^I'm the other way around really, I'm not really a fan of Orton so I probably won't be getting it unless it has alot of TV matches on it, but I do love that cover design. Anyway, Silvervision today announced the next Tagged Classic Double DVD to be released, and it is Action/Hardcore from 2001:
Old 06-17-11, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^I'm the other way around really, I'm not really a fan of Orton so I probably won't be getting it unless it has alot of TV matches on it, but I do love that cover design. Anyway, Silvervision today announced the next Tagged Classic Double DVD to be released, and it is Action/Hardcore from 2001:
Looks like all the wwf ppvs have been released as tagged classics, now the compilations are left.

Wrestlefest 88/90 is released and Rampage 91/92 is coming soon. Looks like Wrestlefest 91/92, 93/94 are left...Wrestlefest 95 is probably going to be released with another compilation since there was no 96 (only in North America which was In Your House: Beware of Dog).

Loving these Tagged Classics...have about 20 now, and there awesome!
Old 06-18-11, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by sg2386
Looks like all the wwf ppvs have been released as tagged classics, now the compilations are left.

Wrestlefest 88/90 is released and Rampage 91/92 is coming soon. Looks like Wrestlefest 91/92, 93/94 are left...Wrestlefest 95 is probably going to be released with another compilation since there was no 96 (only in North America which was In Your House: Beware of Dog).

Loving these Tagged Classics...have about 20 now, and there awesome!
They are brilliant, it's a shame that the Supertape '92 mastertape is broken though. It would have been good to have had This Tuesday In Texas in my collection. They still have alot of gold to bring out yet though
Old 06-18-11, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm sure WWE still has the master ppv version of This Tuesday In Texas...your best bet on getting that on DVD would be to record it sometime off Classics on Demand!
Old 06-18-11, 10:57 AM

Would love to see Tuesday in Texas as well. How about the first WWF PPV --the 1985 Wrestling Classic? Was disappointed that the 1988 Wrestlefest Tagged Classic did NOT include the Macho Man vs. Ted Dibiase from that event.
That match appeared on thev1988 Coliseum Video Macho Madness Tape but not on the 1988 Coliseum Video Wrestlefest tape (probably because it would have made the tape extend over the magic 2 hours limit on the recording). This would have been a great time to include it as an extra on the dvd release of the original VHS!
Old 06-18-11, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Or wait until the new WWE Network premieres sometime next year but if you can still get a VHS copy of it, that might work too.
Old 06-18-11, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to JR's blog he's going to be involved in a major DVD project that could be "groundbreaking":

In JR’s latest blog he hints that a major WWE DVD project is in the works. Our guess is this is a title to be released in 2012 that we’ve not yet heard about. Here’s what he had to say:

“I’m planning on being a part of the biggest DVD project that I’ve ever been assigned next week. This project has been years in the making and could be ground breaking. If it comes off we envision, it will be a huge coup for WWE and will be ‘must see.’ That’s all I’m going to say on this matter but I am legit pumped to be a part of this project.”

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-greate...trailer/14159/
Wonder what it could be...sounds exciting.
Old 06-18-11, 06:15 PM

I'm guessing it's either the 25/50/100 greatest matches of all time, or a Bruno documentary.

Anything else wouldn't be considered "groundbreaking." (Hell, I'm stretching it on the Bruno one because I just don't see the appeal)
Old 06-18-11, 07:14 PM

A 'Greatest Matches of all Time' dvd wouldn't be ground breaking though. It would just be the same stuff that has already been released on other WWE dvds. Maybe it's the REAL story behind the Montreal Screw Job, where they finally admit that it wasn't real, and Bret, HBK and Vince all were behind it.
Old 06-19-11, 04:15 AM

I really have no clue what that could be, perhaps an Undertaker documentary?
Old 06-19-11, 07:42 AM

Just as a heads up, it looks like Capital Punishment Blu Ray has been pushed back to August 16th for release. I received an email from Amazon the other day letting me know because I preordered it.
Old 06-19-11, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The cover for the Immortal Forever DVD:

Wonder what this DVD will actually cover...my guess is, it will start from January 2010 til present (probably til March/April). It will probably be something like what was on TNA Reaction several months back when they were talking about how the whole Immortal group started to take shape, which basically started on the first Impact going head to head with RAW.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.