Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-11, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Well it seems weird that so far it's only Bret and Shawn who are in CT and JR of course. I still think there is money in the Montreal Screw Job dvd being told. Think of all the interviews from Raw in 1997, and the various matches they can show on there for it. HBK/Austin vs. Bulldog/Owen, Bret vs. Triple H, Owen vs. HBK with both the IC and European Titles on the line, HBK vs. Bulldog from One Night Only, and of course Bret vs. HBK at Survivor Series. I think it is possible to be done. If it is done, it will be interesting to see!!
Old 06-23-11, 08:09 PM

JR just tweeted that he interviewed Bret/Shawn for 5 hours today, no holds barred, for a DVD release in October. Looks like it is indeed a set on the rivalry between the two -- not the Screwjob solely, but a Bret vs. Shawn DVD.

"Spent 5 hrs 2day interviewing HBK & the Hitman 4 Oct DVD. No holds barred talk. Special day 4 me."

http://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/84057160954290176
Old 06-23-11, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wouldn't surprise me if this actually replaced the Rock/Austin rivalry DVD that was tentative.

It was known that Rock/Austin were good friends backstage and the DVD would just basically be their high profile matches and buildup.

Bret and Shawn is whole other story...they had a real feud that started in the early 90s, and this DVD could truly be epic if they really went in-depth on their real life backstage heat that lasted nearly 15 years. Could be an epic set.

Definitely looking forward to more info on this.
Old 06-24-11, 01:26 AM

I knew it!! I called that a while ago when JR said he was doing a dvd project that was gonna be big. I knew it had to do with the Montreal Screw Job and Bret and HBK. I am good!! haha
Old 06-24-11, 06:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by will94
JR just tweeted that he interviewed Bret/Shawn for 5 hours today, no holds barred, for a DVD release in October. Looks like it is indeed a set on the rivalry between the two -- not the Screwjob solely, but a Bret vs. Shawn DVD.

"Spent 5 hrs 2day interviewing HBK & the Hitman 4 Oct DVD. No holds barred talk. Special day 4 me."

http://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/84057160954290176
Sounds cool, I will buy it but that depends on the matches
Old 06-24-11, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by VikingsSooners
Sounds cool, I will buy it but that depends on the matches
I think for something like this, the documentary or interview will most definitely be the selling point (such as True Story of WM)...i think almost all their matches are on previous DVDs, except Survivor Series 97.
Old 06-24-11, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by sg2386
I think for something like this, the documentary or interview will most definitely be the selling point (such as True Story of WM)...i think almost all their matches are on previous DVDs, except Survivor Series 97.
Survivor Series 97 is actually on the "Best of WWE Confidential" DVD from several years ago.
Old 06-24-11, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by will94
Survivor Series 97 is actually on the "Best of WWE Confidential" DVD from several years ago.
Totally forgot about that release...thanks for clarifying.
Old 06-24-11, 10:58 AM

from jrs twitter a few minutes ago. sounds good to me

Bret/HBK DVD out in Oct. Covers their careers & impact/behind scenes of Montreal 97. Proud of what we got on tape. Open/honest/compelling.
Old 06-24-11, 11:50 AM

no your wrong, you said the screwjob was a work and bret was apart of it, this is not that

and as much as i like this release, its not "groundbreaking" as jr said, we knew bret/shawn made up on jan 4, that was groundbreaking, know there just telling the story

sorry, not to be a hater, just being truthfull
Old 06-24-11, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I would hope it's a box set that they're working on. Montreal doesn't warrant JR tweeting that that's the huge project IMO.
Old 06-24-11, 03:02 PM

Bret Hart was in on it! Perfect example is the whole "Bret Hart was signed to a 20 year deal in November 96 with the WWE" Right, a 20 year deal?? That means he would still be apart of that contract until 2016. I still say he signed a 1 year deal, and they built up the Bret vs. Shawn story line for that whole year. They were supposed to wrestle at Mania, never happened. Supposed to wrestle at King of the Ring, never happened. Finally happened at Survivor Series when Bret was on his way out. There is no way that the Montreal Screw Job was legit, it was the biggest work in the wrestling business today!! Hands down!!
Old 06-24-11, 04:23 PM

again your wrong, if you know the whole story and did your research it was very real

if bret knew why didn't he return to wwe in late 2000 when his contract with wcw expired, at that time shawn was gone and wcw was in trouble, it would make sense for bret to come back and put the end to wcw and have another great run with wwe, instead he elected to stay with wcw which he hated, this along with a long list of other reason i wont mention

do you also believe owen's death was a work, are you waiting for him to appear on raw?
Old 06-24-11, 04:24 PM

again your wrong, if you know the whole story and did your research it was very real

if bret knew why didn't he return to wwe in late 2000 when his contract with wcw expired, at that time shawn was gone and wcw was in trouble, it would make sense for bret to come back and put the end to wcw and have another great run with wwe, instead he elected to stay with wcw which he hated, this along with a long list of other reason i wont mention

do you also believe owen's death was a work, are you waiting for him to appear on raw?
Old 06-24-11, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell

I'm 100% sure that the Montreal Screwjob was legit, but I just wanted to point out, that even if Bret left for Atlanta on good terms, he wouldn't have been able to go back to the WWF at the end of 2000 anyway as his career was over by then. If it's a DVD on their feud, I don't know what else can be said. They have both told their stories numerous times in their books, their DVDs, interviews etc. It's not as big as I was hoping for anyway.
Old 06-25-11, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you mean "you're wrong". "your" implies possession. "you're" is short for "you are".

So you really meant to say "you are wrong".
Old 06-25-11, 07:53 AM

Orton DVD content -> http://wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-rand...or-dvd-matches

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-25-11, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
Way too many PPV matches, but i guess that was expected...he had some great matches with Benoit on SD in late 2005-early 2006, especially the No Holds Barred match from Jan. 27/2006. Too bad we will never see those matches on DVDs.
Old 06-25-11, 12:44 PM

believe what you want, there is nothing that backs up your claims about the screwjob

if i said i saw the easter bunny with no proof does that mean im right, no, your going to believe what you want to, so go ahead, go do the research behind it and get back to me when you have proof

p.s.brets contract was up before starrcade 2000, his 3 year contract started in november 1997, if it was a work he would of went back with vince seeing how shawn was gone and would of been genius, but he never because it was real

thats all im going to say on the matter, im not sure if your trolling or what, believe what you want
Old 06-26-11, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

JIM ROSS PROVIDES MORE INSIGHT INTO THE WWE'S BRET/MICHAELS DVD RELEASE
By Mike Johnson on 2011-06-25 19:35:59 - PWInsider.com

Jim Ross posted a new blog on JrsBarBQ.com, discussing a number of different topics, including the new
Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels DVD that WWE will release in October:

"Enjoyed spending parts of two days with Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels in Stamford, Ct this past week.
We actually and accidentally bumped to each other at the hotel on Wednesday night and had a great visit
and then had our 'official' gathering Thursday morning until mid afternoon doing the taping for the DVD project.

The HBK/Hitman DVD will be released worldwide this October and I have high expectations for the project.
The two legendary, WWE stars sat side by side during the shoot facing yours truly who asked them a battery
of questions. This DVD will not solely focus on the Survivor Series in Montreal in 1997 but we obviously spend
a significant amount of time discussing the 'Montreal Screw Job' and the months leading into the infamous event
and how both men's careers fared after that infamous day in Montreal.

To be able to sit and talk to two WWE Hall of Famers such as Michaels and Hart who did have a bona fide rivalry at
one time but also respected the other's work was a privilege for me. I'm honored to have been assigned this project
and hope that it lives up to the expectations we all have for it. I know that both Shawn and Bret were very happy
with the day. For this project to strictly be about Montreal only would be a travesty because neither man's career
can be solely defined by the events of the '97 Survivor Series."

LB...
Old 06-26-11, 01:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sg2386
Way too many PPV matches, but i guess that was expected...he had some great matches with Benoit on SD in late 2005-early 2006, especially the No Holds Barred match from Jan. 27/2006. Too bad we will never see those matches on DVDs.
I was hoping to see his first Championship win against Benoit on it but I am not suprised, it is a shame, I will still get it since I never saw any of the pay per view matches
Old 06-26-11, 07:41 PM
Cool New Member

I got my RAW Homecoming tonight, finally. Got that, Mania XX slimline, Mania Anthology 2 and RVD: One of a Kind for $35 from a guy on Craigslist. Obviously such a tremendous score that feel a bit guilty. I asked him to name his price though, $6 each for Homecoming, XX & RVD (all in great shape), $17 for Mania (could be in better shape).
Old 06-27-11, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

believe what you want, there is nothing that backs up your claims about the screwjob

if i said i saw the easter bunny with no proof does that mean im right, no, your going to believe what you want to, so go ahead, go do the research behind it and get back to me when you have proof

p.s.brets contract was up before starrcade 2000, his 3 year contract started in november 1997, if it was a work he would of went back with vince seeing how shawn was gone and would of been genius, but he never because it was real

thats all im going to say on the matter, im not sure if your trolling or what, believe what you want
Oh how you've been missed here.
Old 06-27-11, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Don't encourage him
Old 06-27-11, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Greatest Stars of the 21st Century DVD/Blu-ray content posted:

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-greate...matches/14260/

Finally the Lesnar/Angle Iron Man match is on DVD/Blu-ray...looks like an amazing list...love the Blu-ray exclusives.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.