Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-10, 02:19 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

hey guys figured id give you guys my thoughts on some upcoming dvds.

First off, the big one, chris jericho. all we know about this one so far is that its a 3 disc, it has a documentary, a match from japan with ultimo dragon, his first pro wrestling match with lance storm, and that its not called the highlight reel. This dvd should be awesome as long as the documentary is good, theres plenty highlight reels on here as special features, and not all wwe pay per view matches. right off the bat i can think of three matches i want to see on here, one was where jericho beat triple h for the title then the decision was reversed, another is the ladder match with hbk, and the cage match with batista on raw. Really looking forward to this one

Then theres best of raw 1993/1994. this dvd doesnt look bad by any means, but i agree with most people that its all jobber matches. might get this one, just unsure, might be ok, definatley not gonna be dvd of the year though

Sometime this year were supposed to be getting a orton dvd, im not a huge fan of orton, but this dvd should be good whenever it actually comes out. Probably gonna have a documentary and some matches. anybody heard anything recently about this one?

In early october were getting best of the high flyers. this will be a good dvd if the incude some old ecw and wcw footage, obviously gonna be mostly wwe but oh well, still should be good. id like to see this one set up like the allied powers dvd. Cait wait for this one

In mid october were getting smackdown the 2010 season, should be good as smackdown has been very entertaining this past year, probably gonna be set up like the best of raw 2009 dvd, which suprisingly turned out very good. this one should be good with the right choices of matches.

In november cena's getting a new dvd, this one may or may not be good, i expect this to be just a three disc of his matches, no documentary, just matches. might be ok, im just not much of a cena fan. but still intregued by this one.

In december wwe's 100 craziest moments comes out, really looking foward to this one, should be really good. of course nuber one will probably be either the mick foley hell in a cell or motreal screwjob, but this will be very good.

bobby heenans getting a dvd in december, im unsure about this one, its gonna have to be either a one or two disc at the most, if they do this one it will probably have a documentary, and the few matches hes actually been in. some sort of extras i suppose, bu nonetheless should be decent.

Recently ive been hearing about a big show dvd, this would be very entertaining. i think its gonna be a documnetary and matches, but i think it should just be matches. Probably be like kanes dvd, or edges, all in character, but itll be good.

At one point i know they were talking about a divas dvd and a dx dvd about there most recent run n 2009/2010, but i havnt heard anything about these two in a couple of months.

I still think that punk needs a dvd of matches soon! that and triple h needs a 3 disc with just matches.

Thanks for reading guys. later
Old 07-16-10, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by dillkid
^^^^ This argument is getting very old.
Does anyone know when the Raw Seasons 1 & 2 set comes out in the US? Becuase we in Europe get in in September, and I wondered who gtes it first.
August 10th
Old 07-16-10, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the Jericho DVD confirmed to have a documentary? I can not wait for that DVD. Jericho is my favorite wrestler and he is LONG overdue for one.
Old 07-16-10, 09:19 PM

^ Confirmed today by Silver Vision on their Facebook page. Apparently they have the content listing to hand so maybe we can expect that to come out soon.
Old 07-17-10, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by babj311
Not sure if someone mentioned it yet, but I have spotted The Rock: Most Electrifying Man DVD for just $10 at Walmart (Upstate NY area) along with the previously mentioned DX DVD.

Im not really a Rock fan but you can't beat 10 bucks.
Originally Posted by l8nerduke32
some Walmart locations have the Bret Hart set for $10 as well

Nice. I have both of them already but my walmart had Greatest Stars of the 90's for $10. Which I did pick up.
Old 07-17-10, 04:45 PM

Walmart.com have released the synopsis for the High Fliers and Best of Smack Down sets, along with what I would think would be the official title for the Jericho release: "Breaking the Code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho".

The Best of the High Fliers:- "Some of the most exciting moments in sports entertainment history have come through the air. High-flying Superstars have always brought fans to their feet, from "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka, the Killer B?s, the Rockers, Rey Mysterio, Billy Kidman, and more. This 3-DVD set, "Best of the High Flyers", collects some of the greatest aerial displays in sports entertainment history. The dozens of matches in this collection represent the "Creme de la Creme" of WWE, WCW, ECW, WCCW, and more."

Smack Down: Best of 2010:- "It has been quite a year for "SmackDown". The popular show celebrated its tenth anniversary and the season featured a number of outlandish moments, outstanding matches, and bitter rivalries. Now fans can relive their favorite matches and moments with "SmackDown: The Best of 2010". This 3-disc release will include more than 8 hours of the best of "SmackDown"."
Old 07-18-10, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by md2810
Smack Down: Best of 2010:- "It has been quite a year for "SmackDown". The popular show celebrated its tenth anniversary and the season featured a number of outlandish moments, outstanding matches, and bitter rivalries. Now fans can relive their favorite matches and moments with "SmackDown: The Best of 2010". This 3-disc release will include more than 8 hours of the best of "SmackDown"."
I hope this isn't coming out until next year, because there's still a good 5 months (plus) left in 2010! You can't have a "best of 2010" and exclude a good portion of the year (unless they don't think there's going to be any good matches on Smackdown from Aug-Dec).
Old 07-18-10, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
I hope this isn't coming out until next year, because there's still a good 5 months (plus) left in 2010! You can't have a "best of 2010" and exclude a good portion of the year (unless they don't think there's going to be any good matches on Smackdown from Aug-Dec).

I'm pretty sure that Smackdown's seasons run from October to September, that I why it is being released 4th quarter.
Old 07-18-10, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by FireStarta316
Is the Jericho DVD confirmed to have a documentary? I can not wait for that DVD. Jericho is my favorite wrestler and he is LONG overdue for one.

I can't wait for this DVD. Jericho is one of the greatest wrestlers of all-time and he's been the reason I still watch WWE programming every week and haven't stopped watching wrestling again. When he left I slowly stopped watch WWE until I didn't watch it at all. When Chris returned in 2007 that's when I started watching wrestling again.
Old 07-18-10, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by nateman

I can't wait for this DVD. Jericho is one of the greatest wrestlers of all-time and he's been the reason I still watch WWE programming every week and haven't stopped watching wrestling again. When he left I slowly stopped watch WWE until I didn't watch it at all. When Chris returned in 2007 that's when I started watching wrestling again.
Exactly. I still watched each week when he left but since he has been back it's heightened my interest in WWE probably three fold. Can always expect a great match, promo or feud from Jericho. He's really is at the top of his game lately.

Without doubt I'll be picking up this DVD on day one in September. Documentary on there will make it even better in my opinion.

I also hope Silver Vision in the UK re-release Jericho's Break Down the Walls video sometime soon in their Tagged Classics series.
Old 07-18-10, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Or maybe it's just that some people are able to separate Benoit the pro wrestler and the Benoit that did what he did. In no way do I condone his actions, but I'm not going to just pretend that he didn't exist before that. The guy was one of the best wrestlers ever, imo, and I am able to still enjoy the work he left behind. If you can't or choose not to, that's your perogative, but you shouldn't condemn those who are able to.
This is absolutely retarded that anyone is even having this discussion. To even think of deleting Chris Benoit from a match is complete lunacy. Chopping up teh commentary is a bit over the top as well. I understand not doing the three disc set celebrating his life, but to try and erase him from history is completely asinine. He was a great wrestler. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him wrestle when he was alive. Hell, I enjoy watching him wrestle on dvd to this day.
Old 07-20-10, 08:58 AM

Are the BD releases in the UK, region locked? I'm talking about Rumble 09 & Summerslam 09, because I'd like to order them here in the US. Thanks
Old 07-20-10, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
Are the BD releases in the UK, region locked? I'm talking about Rumble 09 & Summerslam 09, because I'd like to order them here in the US. Thanks
From what i read, yea...the UK Blu-rays are locked to region B.

For people that got Fatal 4 Way, what are the extras?
Old 07-20-10, 10:51 AM

The UK Blu Rays are locked, everything WWE Home Video is these days. Only thing I still see region free is the "DVD 9" releases in Malaysia.
Old 07-20-10, 04:51 PM

I have not watched it yet but the Fatal 4 Way extra is called "NXT Plot" or something like that. So I am guessing just a highlight package.
Old 07-20-10, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's just NXT backstage talking about attacking the WWE superstars and then they attack Bourne, R-Truth, and the Hart Dynasty who were watching a match on the monitor.
Old 07-20-10, 05:13 PM

Snagged Sacrifice 2010 for 9.99 today at FYE, and Fatal Four Way at Walmart for $15. They also tried to get me to pre order stuff at FYE, then buy their backstage pass, and then some cleaners for dvds...no thank you to all!
Old 07-20-10, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TommyD1030
I'm pretty sure that Smackdown's seasons run from October to September, that I why it is being released 4th quarter.
Well they should change the title then. Maybe something like "Best Of Oct 2009-Sept 2010".
Old 07-20-10, 08:25 PM

Thanks for the response about the UK BDs. Are there any other wrestling BDs in the states besides the WWE ones we know of? Right now I have mania 24-26, rumble 2010, best of ppv matches, best of sd vs. raw. Is that all of them?

Wasn't there supposed to be an XPW Cold Day in Hell BD or a WCCW History BD?
Old 07-20-10, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
Thanks for the response about the UK BDs. Are there any other wrestling BDs in the states besides the WWE ones we know of? Right now I have mania 24-26, rumble 2010, best of ppv matches, best of sd vs. raw. Is that all of them?

Wasn't there supposed to be an XPW Cold Day in Hell BD or a WCCW History BD?
Yea, that's all the WWE Blu-rays for now. The next one will be Summerslam, which will again be a Best Buy exclusive in the US and available everywhere else in Canada. Amazon.ca is already taking preorders. I'm sure it will be 2 disc with RAW and SD shows before the event.

As for Cold Day in Hell and WCCW, i remember those were planned but i think Big Vision Entertainment have some financial issues and basically canned those releases.
Old 07-21-10, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by sg2386
Yea, that's all the WWE Blu-rays for now. The next one will be Summerslam, which will again be a Best Buy exclusive in the US and available everywhere else in Canada. Amazon.ca is already taking preorders. I'm sure it will be 2 disc with RAW and SD shows before the event.

Are you certain that Summerslam 2010 will be released on blu-ray at Best Buy? I keep checking every so often on their website and still have yet to see anything. I did find something interesting though, they have a listing for Summerslam 2009/2010 (2 Disc)? It will be released the same day as Summerslam 2010.
Old 07-21-10, 10:41 AM

For those that buy the TNA DVDs where do you get them? The FYE near my house just closed and that's where I always ended up buying them. Walmart or Best Buy never have the new releases so I just ordered Sacrifice on Amazon. I have found ShopTNA to be too expensive with the shipping and handling costs.
Old 07-21-10, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by FireStarta316
For those that buy the TNA DVDs where do you get them? The FYE near my house just closed and that's where I always ended up buying them. Walmart or Best Buy never have the new releases so I just ordered Sacrifice on Amazon. I have found ShopTNA to be too expensive with the shipping and handling costs.
Typically, I'll order them through the ROH website as they often have %-off sales.
Old 07-21-10, 03:27 PM

Why would they release a best of 2010 Smackdown DVD? They don't even try with that show anymore, it's the pits!
Old 07-21-10, 04:40 PM

According to Navarre website, I guess they are now changing the "Crossing The Line Vol. 4" dvd into a 2 disc Victory Road 2010 & No Surrender 2010. Now they have scheduled for Nov. 2, 2010 Hardcore Justice 2010 dvd instead.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.