DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-11, 11:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by md2810
I hope the War Games set gets added for this year, however it could very likley be the Edge set which takes the last spot, because we are getting a cage match DVD this year - so they may not release war games and cage matches in the same year year

I can really see another Rock DVD for next year before Mania (or after if he goes into the Hall) or if Savage does I think we could see a Savage documentary.

More hopefuls for next year from me would be...
History of ECW Title
RAW seasons 3 & 4
More of the best of Nitro
Best of Clash of Champions
Divas (match/bio comp with classic stuff from 80s,90s,00s not filled with current Diva crap)
History of US Title

I think we could see a Kevin Nash DVD in the next year too.
You have not heard that Raw seasons 3 and 4 is canceled due to low sales?
Old 04-08-11, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by VikingsSooners
You have not heard that Raw seasons 3 and 4 is canceled due to low sales?
I believed it was taken off the schedule for this year because of low sales and not outright cancelled forever. I can see them releasing 95/96 on the way to 97/98 and 99/00 - which I would consider very high selling sets.
Old 04-08-11, 12:19 PM
Banned

I believed it was taken off the schedule for this year because of low sales and not outright cancelled forever. I can see them releasing 95/96 on the way to 97/98 and 99/00 - which I would consider very high selling sets.
It would be nice and I would like to see Best of Smackdown set too
Old 04-08-11, 01:22 PM
Cool New Member

I hope the War Games set gets added for this year, however it could very likley be the Edge set which takes the last spot, because we are getting a cage match DVD this year - so they may not release war games and cage matches in the same year year

I can really see another Rock DVD for next year before Mania (or after if he goes into the Hall) or if Savage does I think we could see a Savage documentary.

More hopefuls for next year from me would be...
History of ECW Title
RAW seasons 3 & 4
More of the best of Nitro
Best of Clash of Champions
Divas (match/bio comp with classic stuff from 80s,90s,00s not filled with current Diva crap)
History of US Title

I think we could see a Kevin Nash DVD in the next year too.
Id love to see a kevin nash dvd! He's awesome! One of my all time favorites. Best of Clash of Champions was on the table a few years ago, but they ended up canceling it. Best of raw seasons i think will continue. I wish they hadnt delayed seasons 3 & 4, but idk. Once 97 & 98 come out they would sell like crazy. I want to see smackdown sets like that too. Idk about an ecw title dvd, but i would like another ecw dvd, but i dont see it happening anytime soon. Divas could be on if they did it like the high flyers dvd. History of us title needs to be made, also one on the tag titles would be nice. I still wont be satisfied with wwe until they make a rick rude and british bulldog dvd though.
Old 04-08-11, 01:31 PM

Completely slipped my mind, as promised here is the insert for the DX: One Last Stand DVD and Blu-Ray. Hope you like it

DVD

BLU-RAY
Old 04-08-11, 03:38 PM

I think they would be really stupid not to release those Raw seasons, there is so much footage that needs an official release. WWE are just horrible at realising that they are sitting on a goldmine of footage. Think how great a Clash Of The Champions set would be. Vince McMahon needs a kick up the ass, I'm begging for some more rare releases.
Old 04-08-11, 05:03 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by dillkid
I think they would be really stupid not to release those Raw seasons, there is so much footage that needs an official release. WWE are just horrible at realising that they are sitting on a goldmine of footage. Think how great a Clash Of The Champions set would be. Vince McMahon needs a kick up the ass, I'm begging for some more rare releases.
i feel the same way. i wonder how much imput vince actually has on these. but its just what they think will sell, and you know i dont know if alot of people would buy some of the dvds, but they need to put out more wcw footage. wcw has such a cult following, all of their dvds sell. why not let the fans decide what dvds they want?
Old 04-08-11, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say continue with those RAW sets and a War Games I'm definitely in for. If they could only get the UWF stuff, that would be even better or a special set of those WCCW events from the 1980s at Texas Stadium and the AWA Superclashes and the event they held at the Metrodome in 1986, for starters to expand upon their huge film library but Clash of Champions DVD set sounds good to me as well.
Old 04-08-11, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you can officially buy the UWF stuff on Bill Watts' site.
Old 04-08-11, 07:16 PM

what stores in canada have "true story of wrestlemania" seems like wal mart has only the dvd copies, and no blu ray, has the blu ray been released in canada
Old 04-08-11, 07:25 PM

I think a better question is why isn't the DX blu ray and dvd "One Last Stand" not released in Canada yet??
Old 04-08-11, 07:51 PM

Well if people bought the sets, they'd keep releasing things. But the fact is that the older stuff doesn't sell because fans of those either don't buy or download it.

Or there aren't as many fans of the older stuff that WWE and other fans actually think. I'm already guessing that the Nitro set won't sell enough to make a second set.
Old 04-08-11, 08:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TehOH1
Well if people bought the sets, they'd keep releasing things. But the fact is that the older stuff doesn't sell because fans of those either don't buy or download it.

Or there aren't as many fans of the older stuff that WWE and other fans actually think. I'm already guessing that the Nitro set won't sell enough to make a second set.
It will sell enough but probably will not make a second set, I do not think it is needed since there is plenty of good matches on the Best of Nitro set
Old 04-08-11, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
what stores in canada have "true story of wrestlemania" seems like wal mart has only the dvd copies, and no blu ray, has the blu ray been released in canada
True Story of Wrestlemania blu-ray is not available at Walmart for some reason. I picked it up HMV...was pretty tough finding it, was selling out like crazy around my area since most got like 1-3 copies. Had to reserve it at another location.

Originally Posted by jammer311
I think a better question is why isn't the DX blu ray and dvd "One Last Stand" not released in Canada yet??
It's available in Canada...check HMV, that's where i got the blu-ray from. Lately other stores besides HMV aren't carrying WWE blus only the dvds. From what i checked on the store stock check, almost every HMV is carrying 1-2 copies.
Old 04-08-11, 10:18 PM

can anybody post the lastest dvd wrestling release schedule
Old 04-09-11, 01:16 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
can anybody post the lastest dvd wrestling release schedule
WrestleMania 27 – May 10
That’s What I Am (Randy Orton movie) – May 17
Extreme Rules 2011 – May 31

The Very Best of WCW Nitro – June 7
Over the Limit 2011 – June 21
Best Cage Matches – June 28

Rey Mysterio – July 12
Fatal Four Way 2011 – July 19
Greatest Stars of the New Millenium – July 26

Money in the Bank 2011 – August 16
The 50 Biggest Matches in WWE History – August 23

Randy Orton – September 6
SummerSlam 2011 – September 13
Inside Out (Triple H movie) – September 27

Smackdown: The Best of 2010/11 – October 11
Night of Champions 2011 – October 18
Austin/Rock: The Rivalry – October 25

Hell in a Cell 2011 – November 1
Blood Brothers (John Cena movie) – November (date TBD)
Bragging Rights 2011 – November 22
TBD – November 29

Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man – December 13
Survivor Series 2011 (New Name/Concept TBD) – December 20
The Best PPV Matches of 2011 – December 27

thats it as of now. the TBD slot is supposedly either going to be an edge dvd, wargames, or brock lesnar

i think the nitro dvd will sell alot because their are wcw fans that arent fans of wwe currently. So i think it will sell fine, but i dont think it would need more than maybe one more volume.

If anything they need to focus on more of the legends dvds. they always sell plenty, and are very good. the Savage dvd sold like crazy, he needs another with a documentary.

some of the dvds they make nowadays are just pointless, like another rey mysterio dvd? really? he already has a dvd with all matches, and he has a biography dvd, what is this one going to be? hopefully not another godawful "experience" dvd.

I do like how they do these dx dvds though, they have so many segments,and almost all of their matches. I wish they could do this with other fueds and such.

Right now im just hoping austin vs. rock is a good dvd, even if the dvd itself sucks, it'll sell like crazy just because people love austin and the rock. I hope they pull out all of the stops with this dvd. Its going to be either really good, or really bad. it actually sounds like were going to be getting a documentary on this one. Which should be good. i wonder though if its going to include their ic title fued, or just the world title fueds.
Old 04-09-11, 04:22 PM

To add some TNA DVDs to the mix, here is the TNA release schedule for the next few months:

Mick Foley: Hardcore Legend - April 19
Against All Odds / Victory Road (Twin Pack) - May 24
Lockdown - June 21
Immortal Forever? - July 19
Sacrifice / Slammiversary (Twin Pack) - August 23
Destination X - September 20
Old 04-09-11, 09:44 PM

Any info on a match listing for the Ted Dibiase dvd?

Hopefully some matches from Georgia/WCW.
Old 04-10-11, 12:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kevy
Any info on a match listing for the Ted Dibiase dvd?

Hopefully some matches from Georgia/WCW.
No, I do not think they will release the match listing until a month before the Ted Dibiase DVD is released
Old 04-10-11, 02:14 AM
Banned

I went to 2 Wal-Marts to find the Brock Lesnar DVD but no luck
Old 04-12-11, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Along with all the talk of removing wrestling from WWE, and branching out into more "entertainment", there has been rumblings of McMahon trying to get his own network by 2012. Maybe it is his intention to use the huge library for that rather than dvd/blu ray releases. If it happens, I hope directv will carry it.
Old 04-13-11, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I heard the network is as good as a go for 2012 and with their vast library and maybe, just maybe them getting the UWF library down the road, that could only enhance their network even more. Not a bad concept and something worth watching at least, but hope they don't discontinue the DVD releases.
Old 04-14-11, 03:50 AM

Silvervision has just released the artwork for the Nitro DVD, and I love it. Hopefully the likes of Bret Hart, Scott Steiner, Booker T and Chris Jericho get on the back.
Old 04-14-11, 06:57 AM
Banned

Silvervision has just released the artwork for the Nitro DVD, and I love it. Hopefully the likes of Bret Hart, Scott Steiner, Booker T and Chris Jericho get on the back.
The cover art could be better
Old 04-14-11, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hoping it sells well to warrant future editions.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.