DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-10, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by JAROTO
Well im a collector and i dont like having spoilers on the covers.--like most of the fans. If the dvds are produced for collectors then they should design covers we are supposed to like.

btw i have 8 year old cousins. they dont watch wrestling regularly, but rey mysterio is their favorite wrestler. this ppv dvd would have been a nice gift for them..but rey holding the title on the cover totally spoils it. They will still like it, but the surprise factor wouldnt be there anymore.

The return of the jedi example fits perfect. why? because as you said, star wars movies are also by and large produced for collectors and everybody knows how the movie ends.

The cover is not a big deal for me, but i cant deny having spoilers on them is totally unnecesary.
Yeah, and everyone will have known how the movie ends well before they even buy the home video version. I still fail to see what the big deal is. Wrestling is not a movie, even as scripted as it is. In a way, it would be like people bitching about the cover of the official Super Bowl DVD showing Drew Brees or someone from the Saints hoisting the Lombardi trophy. It just seems like an asinine gripe to me. To each their own, I suppose.
Old 07-04-10, 04:11 PM

im looking for the cover art , back and front, of just the ppvs within in the anthologys, not the anthology cover itself but for each ppv, does anybody have a link
Old 07-05-10, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Yeah, and everyone will have known how the movie ends well before they even buy the home video version. I still fail to see what the big deal is. Wrestling is not a movie, even as scripted as it is. In a way, it would be like people bitching about the cover of the official Super Bowl DVD showing Drew Brees or someone from the Saints hoisting the Lombardi trophy. It just seems like an asinine gripe to me. To each their own, I suppose.
Also assuming one watches Raw and Smackdown regularly they would also know what happens.
Old 07-05-10, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
does anybody have a link or something that shows what the covers look like on the summerslam/wrestlemania/rumble anthologys, not the cover, but the indivdual cover art for each art, each slip
Give me some time and I'll scan them.
Old 07-05-10, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

im looking for the cover art , back and front, of just the ppvs within in the anthologys, not the anthology cover itself but for each ppv, does anybody have a link
Just go to this site: www.wrestlingcoverforum.com
Old 07-06-10, 06:50 AM

Here are some scans I did from the 2006 version of the WrestleMania Anthology:

Spoiler:

Old 07-06-10, 07:44 AM
Cool New Member

I wish Amazon's price match would kick in on the EC Anthology. It's still $31 on the website yet most other online stores have it at $19.99
Old 07-06-10, 11:44 AM

so wrestlemania anthology has no cover for each ppv?, i thought each ppv had a cover case for each, or does it open like a normal dvd for each volume?

also can anybody scam the following events for the summerslam anthology
summerlam 92, 97, 98
Old 07-06-10, 12:27 PM

so wrestlemania anthology has no cover for each ppv?, i thought each ppv had a cover case for each, or does it open like a normal dvd for each volume?

also can anybody scam the following events for the summerslam anthology
summerlam 92, 97, 98
The anthologies are structured in 5-disc sets. Each of them doesn't have their own case. Had they placed each event in their own case, the box set would have been slighly larger.

Here is the scans from the Survivor Series Anthology:

Spoiler:

Old 07-06-10, 12:54 PM

ok thank you, but what about summerslam, do they have cover cases for each ppv, can u scan summersalam 92,97,98
Old 07-06-10, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Summerslam anthology sets are just like the Survivor Series ones. The discs are held in place by slits in the cardboard "flaps", so each one acts like a pocket. There are no individual cases or anything like that. The WM anthologies are a bit different in that the packaging is both cardboard and plastic, so each disc goes on a plastic hub rather than into a cardboard "pouch."
Old 07-06-10, 01:37 PM

ok thank you, but what about summerslam, do they have cover cases for each ppv, can u scan summersalam 92,97,98
None of the Anthology sets have covers or cases for each PPV. They all come in 5-disc cases with no individual cover art for separate events.
Old 07-06-10, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Summerslam Anthology:

Survivor Series:

Old 07-06-10, 02:48 PM

Here are the SummerSlam Anthology Scans:

Spoiler:

Old 07-06-10, 03:09 PM

Chris Benoit definitely on the Elimination Chamber DVD, and it's in 16:9 like Steamboat DVD.

From - http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-satans...onfirmed/2544/
Old 07-06-10, 03:26 PM

ok thanks everybody, i found out what i was looking for

and glad to see benoit on the chamber dvd, stoked for that dvd
Old 07-06-10, 11:21 PM

Just wondering, but with the way WWE is releasing dvds now with the side bars on the older footage, is that gonna bother people?? Because I know that I probably will be more picky now with what I buy just because the side bar thing is kind of annoying to me. I don't see why they just can't let it be full screen and let the newer stuff be wide screen on the discs.
Old 07-07-10, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by jammer311
Just wondering, but with the way WWE is releasing dvds now with the side bars on the older footage, is that gonna bother people?? Because I know that I probably will be more picky now with what I buy just because the side bar thing is kind of annoying to me. I don't see why they just can't let it be full screen and let the newer stuff be wide screen on the discs.

I also am very annoyed by it also! Especially the Steamboat DVD gawd damn! Those dragon green side bars are annoying! If they are going to have sidebars just make them jet black! No stupid Logo or retarded WWE designs or NO SALE!

Anyway on the Elimination Chamber DVD is there any Chamber matches that are missing? Or is there any WWE editing we should be aware of? Sorry but I am completely behind the times now. I no longer watch wrestling religiously no more if ever. However I would very much appreciate any help.

THANK YOU in advance!

Last edited by Kaori00; 07-07-10 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-07-10, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jammer311
I don't mind it at all. It's much better than what they did with RAW Best or 2009 and John Morrison making the entire thing in 4:3...it was ridiculous. It is a step in the right direction with the old school footage.

At least it is shown in widescreen, people with the old CRT tvs won't know the difference.

But i agree with Kaori00, they should make the sidebars jet black.

Last edited by sg2386; 07-07-10 at 01:47 AM.
Old 07-07-10, 02:49 AM

I hate the stupid design sidebars black would be perfectly fine but those things are too distracting.
Old 07-07-10, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by sg2386
At least it is shown in widescreen, people with the old CRT tvs won't know the difference.

That's not true at all. My television set isn't new style set for wide screen or HD or any of that and the side bars were still on my tv, making the smaller screen of the old school matches completely smaller than they should be. Those side bars are gonna be on everyone's tv sets, no matter what.
Old 07-07-10, 11:55 AM

Royal Rumble Anthology Scans:

Spoiler:

Old 07-07-10, 12:47 PM

If you have an old 4:3 TV all you have to do is use the zoom or crop feature on your DVD player. This should make the bars go away and make things look normal. I'm all for the 16:9 format of all WWE DVDs. Like others have said I too just wish the pillar bars on the side were plain black. Hopefully WWE will make the slight change. We should send them an email.
Old 07-07-10, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I guess im in the minority but i like the fancy pillar bars for the old 4x3 footage, its kinda cool and unique. did the new Undertaker DVD get them also?
Old 07-07-10, 02:04 PM

No but since there was no HD era footage on the set there wasn't much point.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.