Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

(More) Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck DVD's for 2010!!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

(More) Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck DVD's for 2010!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-10, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: (More) Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck DVD's for 2010!!

Originally Posted by TRC
Beck said they were going to start remastering certain titles for Warner Archive including Looney Tunes shorts.
That information makes me very, very sad.
Old 11-19-10, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkRavenII
Daffy Duck: Frustrated Fowl is at Wal-marts everywhere for $8. Sadly, it looks very cheaply packaged. I have yet to see Bugs or Foghorn in store.

With sales tax here, and the traffic to get to the nearest Wal-mart, it's worth the 87¢ difference for Amazon to deliver to me.

Still waiting on similarly priced Bugs set. The 2-disc "Essential Bugs Bunny" set is $18.99 in my Amazon Gold Box today, but doesn't that set duplicate a lot of the shorts that I already have on the Looney Tunes box sets?
Old 11-19-10, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lecithin
With sales tax here, and the traffic to get to the nearest Wal-mart, it's worth the 87¢ difference for Amazon to deliver to me.

Still waiting on similarly priced Bugs set. The 2-disc "Essential Bugs Bunny" set is $18.99 in my Amazon Gold Box today, but doesn't that set duplicate a lot of the shorts that I already have on the Looney Tunes box sets?
I believe all the shorts are duplicates. If you've got the gold collections, there's really no reason to go there.
Old 11-28-10, 04:38 PM

Just a quick FYI for those thinking about getting the Foghorn Leghorn set. Picked it up yesterday at Sam's Club and after you get past the lawyer speak, you are presented with the options "Full Screen" or "Widescreen". From there you go into the normal navigation menus. So, yes, all 15 cartoons are available in both full screen, or 1:1.78 enhanced widescreen. To my way of thinking, a perfectly acceptable solution to the problem presented on the Bugs and Daffy discs. I can't speak to the Tweety disc as I didn't bother picking it up since I have all the Gold Collections.
Old 11-28-10, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what was the price at Sam's Club?
Old 11-28-10, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by k_lodge
what was the price at sam's club?
$13.88
Old 12-06-10, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can't remember which thread specifically contains talk about the "Censored Eleven", but per TVShowsOnDVD's update today:

Jerry said that the "Censored 11" is planned for DVD, most definitely, and with a GENERAL traditional retail release (not via the Warner Archives); it will have other rare cartoons besides the "11", all restored, plus some bonus materials; it will be "high-class" release!
LINK with more updates on Looney Tunes on DVD.

There's more news, but the "Censored Eleven" getting an official release is the biggest!

(forgive me if this was posted somewhere else)

Also some news on Private Snafu:

Although not a TV show, folks who saw the SNAFU military shorts as bonus material on various of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection releases will be interested to know that Thunderbean Animation has collected all the Private Snafu shorts - including new-to-DVD material! - and remastered them, and is putting these uncensored shorts onto an upcoming-quickly DVD release with bonus material (which includes audio commentaries by Jerry and others). It will go up for pre-order on Amazon.com, via their 3rd-party Marketplace program, on December 13th and begins shipping on December 16th. Look for it!
I imagine this will be some sort of DVR release, like the release of Banjo The Woodpile Cat from Don Bluth Films through Amazon. Might check it out, depending on the price.
Old 12-06-10, 06:03 PM

That's fantastic news on the censored eleven! I'm in for sure.
Old 12-06-10, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
Also some news on Private Snafu:

I imagine this will be some sort of DVR release, like the release of Banjo The Woodpile Cat from Don Bluth Films through Amazon. Might check it out, depending on the price.

I'm a big fan of the Thunderbean titles. Steve does all the restoration himself (and does a damn fine job of it too) from the best prints he can get from animation collectors. Usually his releases are DVD-R but from what I've been reading with this release (and the last), Snafu will be an actual manufactured DVD.

I've already pre-ordered and looking forward to it.
Old 12-06-10, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
I'm a big fan of the Thunderbean titles. Steve does all the restoration himself (and does a damn fine job of it too) from the best prints he can get from animation collectors. Usually his releases are DVD-R but from what I've been reading with this release (and the last), Snafu will be an actual manufactured DVD.

I've already pre-ordered and looking forward to it.
That's great news if it'll be a manufactured DVD instead of a DVR.

But since what I said may have come across as knocking such DVR releases, let me clarify. I'm not a fan of the Warner Archive, Amazon MOD, etc. releases because these are studios that have so many resources at their disposal and still decide to release stuff on DVR for outrageous prices.

In the case of a smaller company though, I get it. So hats off to them for releasing quality products at what are probably reasonable prices. I actually bought the Banjo release from Don Bluth Films and was very pleased with the quality and the extras. It was also a more reasonable price than what a similar Warner Archive release would have been.
Old 12-06-10, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also heard some of the newer Superstar sets will be double-dips like T&S were in this latest round of releass. Now ay am I double-dipping on this but has anyone else seen Foghorn at other stores besides Sam's Club and obviously online?
Old 12-06-10, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
I can't remember which thread specifically contains talk about the "Censored Eleven", but per TVShowsOnDVD's update today:

LINK with more updates on Looney Tunes on DVD.

There's more news, but the "Censored Eleven" getting an official release is the biggest!
This is awesome news!!!!!
Old 12-09-10, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

At least they got the framing right for the Foghorn and Sylvester & Tweety releases. I'm cautiously optimistic about the future of the line so long as they don't botch up and matte them all. Still, I think they should re-release the Bugs and Daffy sets or offer some sort of trade-in program.

Originally Posted by rmw650
Also heard some of the newer Superstar sets will be double-dips like T&S were in this latest round of releass. Now ay am I double-dipping on this but has anyone else seen Foghorn at other stores besides Sam's Club and obviously online?
I guess the plan is to release one Looney Tunes Super Stars of all new material and another of previously released material. I think the TVShowsOnDVD article mentioned something about using the latter to generate more money for funding restorations. If that's true, then I'm fine with it.

If these Super Stars sets go on sale on Amazon for like $8 each, I'll probably get 'em. Even though the Bugs and Daffy aren't optimal, these shorts probably won't be released in their corrected version anytime soon, if ever. Foghorn is a must-buy eventually since it's basically all new material in the correct framing. And even though Sylvester & Tweety is a double-dip, if I could find it cheap enough I'd probably get it; not only for the completist in me, but also because it might be nice to have access to individual characters in the way this line allows.