Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

terminator salvation 12/1

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-09, 08:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: terminator salvation 12/1

How can i set my think to ignore GizmoDVD posts. I am getting disgusted looking at his avatar pic. and wasting too much of my time getting angry over his attitude concerning DVD.
Old 09-09-09, 08:28 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I changed my avatar for you.
Old 09-09-09, 08:29 PM
Banned

Is it supposed to be Ironic?
I dont find it amusing in any case.
Old 09-09-09, 08:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Willo007
Just send yur concerns to WB., let them know how you feel about the subject, I did!

[email protected]

Thanks for that e-mail address. Here is what I sent:

"I would like to express my regret over Warner Bros. treatment of their DVD customers and the preferential treatment that WB have so casually given to Blu-ray purchasers. Why would a studio consistently punish fans who buy their DVD? Are we not good enough?
I have been a supporter of many of Warner Bros products for over a decade now and I regret to inform whom it may concern that I can no longer no so in good conscious. Title after title from your studio I have seen released and I have met the releases with great disappointment. The recent announcement of Terminator: Salvation and the exclusive Blu-ray features was enough to sway me to my decision.
DVD still far outsells Blu-ray and I will sadly not be able to purchase any further WB titles until I am treated with the same respect and features that Blu-ray buyers receive."
Old 09-09-09, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

his smug attitude annoys me too.

now I need to go find a new forum, since this obviously isn't DVD talk anymore.
Old 09-09-09, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

With such a mediocre film like this one, I don't think there's a big market for a 2-disc dvd. Yes, I can understand the hate for a lack of director's cut (supossedly it may be there, who knows) but in the end the "casual" consumer (aka NOT those registered on DVDTalk) aren't going to pay a premium for special features with such a "meh" release like this one. Those same consumers will likely consider the 2-disc for big films such as Star Trek and Transformers 2 but with the reviews this film got, it doesn't really need a 2-disc dvd treatment, let alone a 3-disc BD version. Even if they had a 2-disc release of this the sales would be pitiful at best.
Old 09-09-09, 08:43 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by AnonomusBob15
his smug attitude annoys me too.

now I need to go find a new forum, since this obviously isn't DVD talk anymore.
Smug attitude? Either voice your complaints to Warner or buy a Blu-ray player. I can betcha that these 1 discers won't stop as other studios are getting ready to join in. Either buy Blu-ray or enjoy just the movie on DVD.
Old 09-09-09, 08:44 PM
Banned

Looks like this was the title that broke the consumers' back judging by responses I have seen all over the net.
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Can't wait until Harry Potter specs hit. Mass suicides are expected for DVD owners. Shouldn't be too long until it gets detailed

Now I just can't wait for this press release
Suspended

Originally Posted by pridesticks06
With such a mediocre film like this one, I don't think there's a big market for a 2-disc dvd. Yes, I can understand the hate for a lack of director's cut (supossedly it may be there, who knows) but in the end the "casual" consumer (aka NOT those registered on DVDTalk) aren't going to pay a premium for special features with such a "meh" release like this one. Those same consumers will likely consider the 2-disc for big films such as Star Trek and Transformers 2 but with the reviews this film got, it doesn't really need a 2-disc dvd treatment, let alone a 3-disc BD version. Even if they had a 2-disc release of this the sales would be pitiful at best.
To be fair, the 3 disc Blu-ray is really only 2 BDs and a Digital Copy. The 2 BDs could be condensed down to 1 if Warner felt like doing seamless branching.
Old 09-09-09, 08:45 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
Looks like this was the title that broke the consumers' back judging by responses I have seen all over the net.
Responses? How many people, 30? 40? Yeah, Warner will just roll over and make a full fledged DVD edition to please those many people.
Old 09-09-09, 08:47 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by pridesticks06

Now I just can't wait for this press release
They might change it to please the kiddies though and include some features. The previous DVDs were all pretty packed so it may be wise of Warner to do something for the DVD edition.
Old 09-09-09, 08:49 PM
Banned

You know what is just absolutely hilarious.
That a studio like Magnolia can put together an AMAZING 2-disk DVD (for less than $30 list price mind you) for The Mutant Chronicles (I must repeat= The Fuckin' Mutant Chronicles!!!!) ...Now the movie itself wasn't really good at all but the DVD has Commentary , a full-length Documentary and many many more extensive features.
Do major studios not gve 1 shit that these direct to dvd releases our far outshining their major studio releases and putting them to shame.
I mean a $200 million dollar movie getting terrible dvd releases (and very weak Blu releases) while these independent titles are loaded. Just kinda makes me go " wha?"
Old 09-09-09, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

To be fair, the 3 disc Blu-ray is really only 2 BDs and a Digital Copy. The 2 BDs could be condensed down to 1 if Warner felt like doing seamless branching.
Or they can ditch the digital copy. Or both, that would just be splendid.
Old 09-09-09, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The sad thing is a lot of people don't understand how business works. Warner isn't putting all of their support in to the Blu-ray because people aren't buying it. They are. You also pay more for it. Bigger returns is going to equal a bigger profit. It's how any business works.
Old 09-09-09, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get why the studios are doing this and it sucks but that's the way it is. I do think that people do have the right to be a little upset about it though.
Old 09-09-09, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know what is just absolutely hilarious.
That a studio like Magnolia can put together an AMAZING 2-disk DVD (for less than $30 list price mind you) for The Mutant Chronicles (I must repeat= The Fuckin' Mutant Chronicles!!!!) ...Now the movie itself wasn't really good at all but the DVD has Commentary , a full-length Documentary and many many more extensive features.
Do major studios not gve 1 shit that these direct to dvd releases our far outshining their major studio releases and putting them to shame.
I mean a $200 million dollar movie getting terrible dvd releases (and very weak Blu releases) while these independent titles are loaded. Just kinda makes me go " wha?"
Again, entirely separate from your complaints about the lack of features on the DVD, you have not seen the features on the Terminator Blu-Ray. There is a video commentary and 2 featurettes of indeterminate length. If one of those featurettes is actually a full-length documentary, then the two releases aren't that far apart. I'm not saying you're definitely wrong, mind you; there have been Warner releases recently (Get Smart, for instance) that have had lacking bonus features. But the point remains that you don't know for sure that these features are lacking.

I also think you need to really pick one argument or the other. If the features blow, then why do you care that they're not on Blu-Ray, and why, if Warner was listening to you, would they want to cater to your demands? As it stands, they could put the bonuses on the DVD, and then you'd just complain that they're shitty. Either accept what Warner produces as bonus material and complain that it isn't on the DVD, or complain that it sucks.
Old 09-09-09, 11:31 PM
Banned

^I will complain either way thank you. I miss good DVD of big summer action movies like Spider Man 2, X2, Hellboy, etc.
Old 09-10-09, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have a feeling that this "director's cut" is nothing more than a cut with extended pointless scenes thrown in. Come on, this is McG, not Ridley Scott. No one gives a shit about a McG director's cut. Remember, he already released a Charlies Angels: Full Throttle "Unrated" DVD, which was meaningless.
Old 09-10-09, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^I will complain either way thank you. I miss good DVD of big summer action movies like Spider Man 2, X2, Hellboy, etc.
This is fine, I'm just saying -- if there was a WB Home Video employee browsing the boards, your argument against them makes no sense and provides no rational reason for them to listen to you.
Old 09-10-09, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Torchur317
philip74 & chris_sc77, I used to think exactly like you guys but c'mon let's face it Blu-Ray is taking over & this exclusive stuff won't stop. You might as well join in....
I'm been more or less switzerland durring all of this blu vs SD madness. But in all seriously guys you really need to stop filling page beyond page on the board just complaining because of the Blu-ray transformation. Just like VHS a decade ago, DVD has become a lesser product. Maybe not to all the wal-mart going public, but to DVD collectors blu-ray is where the premium products seem to be headed to stay.

Originally Posted by philip74
lucky for me i don`t like gay magicians
Now are you are just thread crapping and being mildly offensive.
Old 09-10-09, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,707 Likes on 2,665 Posts

Chris, you incessant bitching and complaining is really getting annoying.

It's technology dude, it grows and gets better. I understand you feel like as someone who has spent thousands of dollars on DVD, you feel like your getting shaft, but it's reality. People upgrade their cell phones all the time and I'm sure you've probably upgraded your computer or Mac at one point in your life. Do you know anyone who still has a Pentium 3 with Windows 3.1? Do you still see anyone refusing to upgrade their video game counsel because they think the PS2 or Xbox is still an awesome machine? There is nothing wrong w/ WB showing more support towards the new format.

One of your TV's is bound to break down one of these days. And your probably going to buy an HDTV to replace it. Eventually one of your DVD players is probably going to break down. Are you going to buy another DVD player to replace it especially when a Blu Ray player is so affordable and can also play DVD's. I bought one 2 weeks ago for $220 and it can also stream movies off Netflix as well.

I just upgraded 2 weeks ago and bought a Blu Ray and HDTV for less than $500. Anyone who still thinks the technology is too expensive needs to do more research.

Now instead of talking about the Blu Ray vs DVD war, we should stay on topic.

I'm torn on whether I really want this movie or not. I saw it in theatres back in May and wasn't impressed and I don't think 3 mins of extra content is going to make a huge difference. I do think some of the Blu Ray features are kinda cool. The Maximum Movie Mode does sound like a really cool feature.
Old 09-10-09, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I changed my avatar for you.
yes great new avatar. you picked the biggest douchebag on the planet,
talk about irony
Old 09-10-09, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by critterdvd

Now are you are just thread crapping and being mildly offensive.
you are absolutely right. since all the bluray owners are so sensitive to the dvd customers needs, i left my sensitivity aside as well
Old 09-10-09, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Responses? How many people, 30? 40? Yeah, Warner will just roll over and make a full fledged DVD edition to please those many people.
you do realize that is just the tip of the iceberg!?
i mean how many dvd customers actually post on boards to complain.
you can bet the actual number of upset people will be much higher!
then again you are probably right, the average wallmart customer
will never even know there is also a directors cut

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.