DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

What OOP dvds do you regret not getting

Old 06-07-09, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: What OOP dvds do you regret not getting

Originally Posted by hasslein View Post
^ Yeah recently its been popping up a lot at second spin and other used dvd stores really cheap...
As soon as the Blu-Ray was announced a lot of people were like me & sold it off. No need for it with an awesome Blu-release.
Old 06-07-09, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by djskyler View Post
The Walt Disney Legacy Collection that features the True-Life Adventure Films. I assumed they would be around for a while and put 'em off, but noticed they quickly vanished from retailer shelves. I was able to pick up Volumes 2 & 3 from Amazon, but 4 is out-of-print and Volume 1 is really out-of-print (2nd-hand sellers want $x3)

I had to double check which volumes I had and I have Vols. 1 and 3. How much is vol. 1 selling for? I had no idea that any were out of print.
Old 06-07-09, 06:18 PM

Walt Disney Treasures- the Chronological Donald Duck Vol. 3
and
Mystery Science Theater 3000 Vol. 9

are probably the two I regret missing out on the most.
Old 06-07-09, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

had a used 1984 in my hands, it was $9.98, figured it will come out again once e music issue gets cleared....that was 3 years ago!

Also had a sealed SHES OUT OF CONTROL, it was 5 bucks, look how much it is now!!!
Old 06-07-09, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't really followed Wrestling that much recently, but when the whole mess happened with The Chris Benoit murder suicide of himself and his family. I wish I had the dvd set that WWE put out on him several years back, that had a lot of his greatest matches on it. The WWE discontinued it, and want nothing to do with his legacy in wrestling.
Old 06-07-09, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by comanche_doyle View Post
I had to double check which volumes I had and I have Vols. 1 and 3. How much is vol. 1 selling for? I had no idea that any were out of print.
Current sellers have the expectation of about $65 -$80 for Disney Legacy Collection Vol. 1
Old 06-07-09, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
MST3K Beginning of the End. It's the only official DVD I don't have.
Same here.

Originally Posted by statcat View Post
the puppetmaster boxset although I think I've seen it's going to be re-released now
Please tell me this is a joke.

What I will regret in the future is not picking up Image titles that were licensed out to Something Weird Video because they recently ended their contract and those titles are currently being pulled from the site.
Old 06-07-09, 09:09 PM

Condorman
Old 06-07-09, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by JustInsane View Post
Condorman
Just FYI this can be picked up dirt cheap from Amazon.co.uk.
Old 06-07-09, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by visitor Q View Post
Since picked up the import Shock Ilsa trilogy from Xploited but I'm not down with the current prices on Death Race.
I was thinking about getting the import, but they're lacking the amusing commentaries.
Old 06-07-09, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Alot of the No Shame catalog. I've been able to get some for retail or cheaper since they went OOP but most are still holding strong (Your Vice Is A Locked Room...)
Old 06-07-09, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers View Post
Same here.

Please tell me this is a joke.
re: puppetmaster boxset
what's a joke? I saw on amazon it's been released again. I don't know if it's new editions or something. I could of bought it when it was released for like 40 dollars but never bothered then it went oop and for insane prices. The first 5 movies are the only good thing about it, rather like to forget what came after that.
Old 06-08-09, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I remember holding the Divimax Manhunter Director's cut in my hands on several occasions. I wouldn't say it's a big regret but I wouldn't mind having one.
Old 06-08-09, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by BobSchlapowitz View Post
There are several WWF dvds produced before the name change to WWE I wish I picked up before they disappeared. The editing (and especially the logo blurring) annoy me to no end.

I was wondering this: Does anyone know if they recalled all of these back in '02. Or just let stores sell off the stock they already had?
Let the stores sell off the stock and took out the inserts and liquidated the rest through various retailers in 2002 through the end of 2003 or so.

I'd say I regret not picking 'em up before they went OOP but I managed to find them in the past two years and not pay more than MSRP on all but maybe two or three of them.

Last edited by DerangedHermit; 06-08-09 at 12:45 AM.
Old 06-08-09, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by civiclx View Post
I prefer not to buy used or from ebay so it can be kind of hard for me to find new OOP titles unless I get lucky. I'd like to find
LOTR: Two Towers Gift Set
Munich 2-Disc Collector's Edition
Bloody Sunday
hey dood

i have a new two towers giftset if you need (could not pm you as your box is full).
Old 06-08-09, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

High School High and Everyone Says I Love You.
Old 06-08-09, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by statcat View Post
re: puppetmaster boxset
what's a joke? I saw on amazon it's been released again. I don't know if it's new editions or something. I could of bought it when it was released for like 40 dollars but never bothered then it went oop and for insane prices. The first 5 movies are the only good thing about it, rather like to forget what came after that.
I think he was referring to the fact that even with it's "oop" status that full moon direct still sells them.
Old 06-08-09, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Damn, I have a few of these that I need to sell. I never hang onto them once they're worth something because even if I love the movie, I'd rather have the cash. What isn't reissued can usually be found in another region.
I remember 2 that were sold out on a DDD sale years ago:
"The Girl Hunters" and "Immoral Tales"
I just removed them from my cart and never thought about them again, then I checked a few years later and they were both OOP and fetching big bucks.
Old 06-08-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Originally Posted by SterlingBen View Post
I think he was referring to the fact that even with it's "oop" status that full moon direct still sells them.
This.

If you still want it, they have 50% off sales a few times a year so you can still get it for $50.
Old 06-08-09, 11:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by droidguy1119 View Post
Kept passing up the Sleepaway Camp box set with BB bonus disc, and then it wasn't there anymore. Might have even been the "Red Cross" version, but I don't remember.
I lucked out on this. Got all three titles together for $9.99 at Game Stop during a 3 for $9.99 sale. The guy at the store said it was traded in with a box but they threw it out. Why the hell they did that I'll never know. But they also threw out the bonus disc too. However about a year later at my local pawn shop someone had traded in the box set. So I took the bonus disc out and told them that it was sitting on the shelf without a price. They said I could have it for $1.00. So now I own all 4 discs from the set. Sadly without the box... But for $11.00 total I cant complain.
Old 06-08-09, 11:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RagingBull80 View Post
I remember holding the Divimax Manhunter Director's cut in my hands on several occasions. I wouldn't say it's a big regret but I wouldn't mind having one.
Picked it up last week used (in mint condition) at a flea market for $3.00. But I've seen it other places used. Just keep an eye out anywhere that has used DVDs.
Old 06-08-09, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MichaelMeyers View Post
Same.

Ironic thing is that I picked up pretty much every other Disney Treasure set immediately, except for DD:v.3 - not that I didn't want it, I just didn't get around to it, and before I knew it, it was OOP, and the toughest to find Disney Treasure. Figures, that the one I didn't jump on top of right away turns out to be the rarest one...
Old 06-08-09, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Apone View Post
Munich: Two-Disc Collector's Edition
Absolutely. The eventual Blu-ray better be identical to this release.
Old 06-08-09, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Supergirl Anchor Bay Limited Edition.

I had several opportunities to pick this up, but chose to pass on it everytime. Yeah I know it's not a very good movie, but there is an excellent and very rare 1 1/2 hour documentary on the making of the movie (shot in 1984) hosted by Faye Dunaway on it and there are multiple cuts of the movie on the set.

Manhunter Anchor Bay 2 disc Limited Edition (Yeah I know the DC on this one sucks and is fixed on the Divimax edition, but it has a collectible factor to it)

Manhunter Divimax Restored Directors Cut. Mainly wanted this one because of Mann's commentary track.
Old 06-08-09, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MichaelMeyers View Post
I've seen a couple people mention this, what's so special about it? Even lower quantities than normal for Treasures?

I wish I had picked up The Complete Goofy Treasure.

There's a lot of the former flipper now fullscreen only movies I'd like to have too. Idle Hands and Jawbreaker come to mind.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.