Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume IX

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume IX

Old 03-04-09, 08:07 PM

Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume IX

I would say it wasnt a bad 'Mania, many funny moments over the Hardcore Title, Kurt Angle v Kane is a good match, RVD v Regal is not so bad either. $26 is a bit expensive but judging on how rare it is I'd pay for that money..
Old 03-04-09, 08:15 PM

I think I paid $20 for it last month
Old 03-04-09, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd say it's definitely worth it. The problem with WM X8 is not with WM X8, but with the fact that it was the first WM following what many consider to be the greatest of all time, X-Seven. I really enjoy it myself, almost as much as X7 and XIX.

-Regal/RVD is a nice, fast-paced opener. They have good chemistry.
-Angle/Kane is solid.
-Undertaker/Flair is very under-rated, one of the best matches in both of their careers. Blood, weapons, a solid story, and a great pop for AA.
-Booker T/Edge is also solid.
-I personally find Stone Cold vs. Scott Hall very entertaining. I know it's not the wrestling classic that it could have been in 1995 or '96, but the whole match is just a lot of fun, and Austin takes the stunner better than anyone ever has.
-The 4-way for the tag titles is entertaining.
-Rock/Hogan, of course, is worth the purchase alone.
-I'm not going to lie to you, HHH/Y2G is watchable, but it's definitely one of the lesser WM main events. The crowd is dead, HHH is slow, the interference is annoying, and the finish is just...eh. It's the kind of match that would have barely been fitting for No Mercy, let alone WrestleMania.
Old 03-04-09, 10:04 PM

The crowd is dead because they were still worn out from Rock/Hogan. Quick Question: What's up with the Mania Anthology DVDs? Why do they look like flipper discs, but only have content on one side. Why couldn't they be like the UK set?
Old 03-04-09, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete View Post
The crowd is dead because they were still worn out from Rock/Hogan. Quick Question: What's up with the Mania Anthology DVDs? Why do they look like flipper discs, but only have content on one side. Why couldn't they be like the UK set?
Some of the anthology discs have content on both sides.
Old 03-04-09, 10:20 PM

oh ok, thanks for clearing that up.
Old 03-05-09, 07:47 AM

i finally broke down and ordered the Christian Cross The Line 3 Pack from amazon.com. I was leery of ordering it online because of the horror stories of people saying most of the box sets they came across were damaged and in bad shape. And i didnt want to get jipped by being sent AJ or Booker as Christian is the only version i wanted. I was hoping a local store would have miraculously ended up getting the Christian version. Amazon lists it specifically as "TNA: Cross the Line PPV 3 Pack - Christian Cage", so i went for it. It came in great shape, no damage at all. I was hoping for a Christian trading card inside as well, but I got the other CC, Consequences Creed. I cant remember if anyone has posted a pic of the version yet and I dont feel like going through the threads at the moment. So heres a pic if anyone wants to see it

Last edited by l8nerduke32; 03-05-09 at 08:19 AM. Reason: smaller photo
Old 03-05-09, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Very nice, looks to be in good shape.

The funny thing is, if you told me that all three versions were distributed equally, I probably would have gone for the Styles cover, since he truly represents TNA, in my opinion.

But since the Booker T one was the FYE exclusive, and he had main evented two of the ppvs in the set (Victory Road, Hard Justice), I thought it fitting.

I wonder if there will be any alternate versions of the "Cross the Line - Vol. 2." The cover seems to be just the MEM, so I'm not sure how much they're going to alter.
Old 03-05-09, 10:25 AM

when i saw wrestlemania 18 live i thought it was a letdown, besides hogan/rock and flair/taker i was mad it was alot worser than mania 17

but looking bad it wasnt as bad as i thought, i think after some years when you re-watch things you get a better idea how it was, coming off the attitude era never helped it much, but watching it now with no expectations its pretty good

or maybe its just that nostalgia feel and i like watching older stuff and remembering stuff, i totally forgot about the hall-austin match

judging a ppv is like judging a movie right after you seen it, it takes atleast a few years to understand how good it is and if its classic, wrestlemania 18 while not the best mania is still very solid
Old 03-06-09, 11:56 AM

K-Mart is having a Wrestlemania Madness sale, spend $50 in WWE Merchandise and get $10 off the purchase of Wrestlemnania 25. Only deals listed in the Ad above are as follows....

2 or 3-Disc DVD Sets (12.99 Each)
Wrestlemania XXIV
Wrestlemania 22
Wrestlemania XX
The Greatest Superstars of Wrestlemania

25% off select WWE DVD titles **(Additional Titles Available)**
Best of Saturday Night's Main Event
John Cena: My Life

7.99 Each
WWE Forceable Entry
WWE Originals

12.99 Each
WWE The Music: Volume 8
WWE The Music: Volume 9 Voices
RAW Greatest Hits: The Music
WWE Wreckless Intent
Old 03-06-09, 01:21 PM
Banned

Wasn't The Greatest Superstars of Wrestlemania a Wal-mart exclusive?
Old 03-06-09, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Interesting that they have Wrestlemania XX in the ad. I haven't seen it anywhere at retail and I thought it was yanked by WWE as part of the "erase Benoit" crusade. I wonder if my local K Mart will really have it. I only got back into watching wrestling a few months ago, so I definitely need to pick it up for the collection.
Old 03-06-09, 04:36 PM

yea, thats what i thought too. Must be a mis-print, Mania 23 should be in that spot as it would make more sense. And wasn't Forceable Entry a WWF release and not WWE?
Old 03-06-09, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll be checking out K Mart on Sunday anyway. What the hell. Can't hurt to try.
Old 03-06-09, 10:07 PM

Thanks for the K-Mart info op.

I'll definitely stop in to pick up some of the WWE titles I haven't picked up yet for that 25% off.

And I hope they do have WM XX, but I highly doubt it.
Old 03-06-09, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I kinda doubt it, too, but they did just put out Royal Rumble 2004 in a tagged classics set, so who knows?
Old 03-07-09, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

does anyone know if the Summerslam anthology volumes 1 and 2 have changed in terms of packaging? its suppose to be released this Tuesday but maybe someone spotted in early.
Old 03-07-09, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sg2386 View Post
does anyone know if the Summerslam anthology volumes 1 and 2 have changed in terms of packaging? its suppose to be released this Tuesday but maybe someone spotted in early.

From the Looks of it. It's the same digipak housed inside a new slipcover (same artwork as the digipak I assume). Of course I wouldn't know if the discs are on hubs or still the same slips.
Old 03-07-09, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

so what would be goin exessive price wise on bidding on wrestlemania 17? its currently at 24.50?
Old 03-07-09, 08:20 PM

Cheapest on Amazon.com is $45. I'd say you could afford to go higher. So, did I really get THAT lucky last month when i found it on ebay and won at $18? lmao woohoo!
Old 03-07-09, 10:03 PM

I got it back in '02 for 10
Old 03-07-09, 10:33 PM
Suspended

As for bidding Wrestlemania X7 DVD. i'd say go for it! it's certainly one of the best Wrestlemania's ever & the pinaccle of WWE Attitude Era.

Got Two Wrestlemania X7's myself bought last 2001.

As for the Wrestlemania X8 DVD go for the 3rd Disc version w/ the bonus Wrestlemania History DVD.
Old 03-08-09, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought a new and sealed copy of WrestleMania X7 a couple of years ago for $76 on ebay. It was definitely a bit excessivive, but the cheapest I had seen it new was $150, and there were never any new ones up for sale, so I have no regrets.
Old 03-08-09, 05:06 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony View Post
I bought a new and sealed copy of WrestleMania X7 a couple of years ago for $76 on ebay. It was definitely a bit excessivive, but the cheapest I had seen it new was $150, and there were never any new ones up for sale, so I have no regrets.
I picked it up for $6.98 at Walmart when they were having the WWF DVD clear out in 2003. I remember them having tons.
Old 03-08-09, 10:17 AM

Or you could buy it new from the Best Buy website for $14.99 like I did about a month ago. I belive it's still listed as well and Unforgiven 1998 which I got for $12.99.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.