Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume IX

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-09, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume IX

or instead of posting video or links someone could just send me the dvd for free hehe

thanks for the links/video
Old 02-26-09, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by xage
Or instead making people going trough another "sit trough" at the realnews, here is the direct e-tailer of the DVD:

http://www.filmbaby.com/films/3755

What is there to "sit trough" at that site I linked? You click the big red box that says "BUY DVD". Doesn't get much easier than that.
Old 02-26-09, 07:01 AM

Anyone carrying the Wrestling With Shadows SE for less than $24.99 plus S&h?
It's a bit on the expansive side imo.
Old 02-26-09, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing
There is no Sku # listing in the FYE computer system for the Royal Rumble in a tin.
There were two SKU listed but no indication which is which...
Old 02-26-09, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by xage
There were two SKU listed but no indication which is which...
if there were 2 #s, it wouldnt be hard to decipher which was which since all of the stores seemed to at least get the standard version w/o a tin.
Old 02-26-09, 10:26 AM

billboard top 10 this week
SNME is number 1 but starrcade still holds strong at number 2 in its 5th week

so if vince and the wwe were worried that wcw dvds would not sell good this should wake them up
Old 02-26-09, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's almost comical how obsessed you are with the Starrcade sales numbers and prospect of any WCW stuff being released in the future.
Old 02-26-09, 01:12 PM
Cool New Member

If it hasnt been said already, Silvervision are also doing Judgement Day & Fully Loaded 2000 on Tagged Classics.

Out sometime in April along with No Way Out & Backlash 2000
Old 02-26-09, 03:46 PM

I would wager that a dvd set on jeff hardy wouldn't spend 4 weeks at the top like the starrcade set did.
Old 02-26-09, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would also wager that it would be less costly to produce and market.
Old 02-26-09, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, has any picked up up the RR '09 tin?
Old 02-26-09, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Blaze
If it hasnt been said already, Silvervision are also doing Judgement Day & Fully Loaded 2000 on Tagged Classics.

Out sometime in April along with No Way Out & Backlash 2000
Pre-ordered both! Cant wait!
Old 02-26-09, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
So, has any picked up up the RR '09 tin?
Called FYE today and the guy said that he knows nothing about a rumble 2009 tin. I'm thinking genius pulled the exclusive from TWEC stores because of their financial situation and WWE magazine knew nothing about it. Wouldn't be the first time the left hand didn't know what the right was doing.
Old 02-26-09, 10:57 PM

I wonder if wwe will release a 5th volume to go with the existing 4 wrertlemania anthology sets after wm 25 has been out a while.
Old 02-27-09, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shacmasta
Called FYE today and the guy said that he knows nothing about a rumble 2009 tin. I'm thinking genius pulled the exclusive from TWEC stores because of their financial situation and WWE magazine knew nothing about it. Wouldn't be the first time the left hand didn't know what the right was doing.
I guess that's a bit of a relief. Since so many of the FYEs are gone, I was not looking forward to the trip to Myrtle Ave for the store exclusives (although the level of impending steelbooks has me weary).

I guess I'll just look for the regular edition. The shame is that this year's WM probably won't come in a tin.

On the bright side, though, I bought the TNA Cross the Line 3-pack. Not only was the box--gasp!--in good shape, but it was the FYE exclusive Booker T cover. So that was exciting on both fronts.
Old 02-27-09, 02:11 AM
Cool New Member

Is the upcoming 2 disc version of Heroes Of World Class only for Blu-ray? I hope it's on DVD too.
Old 02-27-09, 11:01 AM

Did the Cross The Line 3pk with Christian on the cover ever see a release?

Great deal at FYE yesterday, their Buy One Get one free sale applys to the 4 FYE Tin Collections (Icon, ECW, Legends 1 & 2)I got all 4 for $76.02 tax included, better than the $19.99 + tax sale they had a month or so ago.
Old 02-27-09, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Aces_High
Great deal at FYE yesterday, their Buy One Get one free sale applys to the 4 FYE Tin Collections (Icon, ECW, Legends 1 & 2)I got all 4 for $76.02 tax included, better than the $19.99 + tax sale they had a month or so ago.
Is the B1G1 free deal only on new product or all wrestling or what? I didn't see anything online about it.
Old 02-27-09, 03:52 PM

B1G1 is on select dvds and boxsets... the only wrestling ones are the Exclusive Tins.

Let me say again since people are still posting... THERE IS NO SKU # IN THE TWEC COMPUTER SYSTEM FOR A ROYAL RUMBLE TIN. STOP LOOKING. IT DOESNT EXIST!
Old 02-27-09, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Aces_High
Did the Cross The Line 3pk with Christian on the cover ever see a release?

Yea. Best Buy got AJ Styles, FYE got Booker T and everywhere else got the Christian ones. At the last Ring of Honor show I went to, they had a ton of the Cross the Line 3 Packs with Christian cover for sale. That's the only place I've seen them though.
Old 02-27-09, 06:47 PM

if they release a smackdown set its to bad benoit/austin from 2001 wont be on there, that was a underrated match
nobody thought benoit had a chance, austin and mcmahon then did everything to stop benoit's surprise offense, the crowd was into it and benoit hit 10 german suplexes, ill never forget the look on austins when he was taken them, he was a underated heel
benoit lost but for a few moments its what wrestling is all about, marking out

i think its better than the tag match when hhh tore his quad, that match was great but if it wasnt for hhh's injury and a tag team title win its nothing more than a good tag team match
Old 02-27-09, 11:54 PM

TNA has a pretty decent deal going on right now. The complete 2006 and 2007 PPV sets for $69.99 each. Plus they throw in an autographed card and a t shirt. I only needed 3 dvds from each year but I ended up ordering both sets.
Old 02-28-09, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just watched Survivor Series 2008 last night. I don't quite understand all the bad reviews this event got. Alongside Cyber Sunday '08, I think these two got an unfair rap. My thoughts:

Team HBK vs. Team JBL
Solid opener. Michaels, Mysterio, Miz, and Morrison carry this one nicely, with some solid wrestling from Khali, Cryme Time, MVP, Kane, and JBL. There was enough time between eliminations, the action was pretty non-stop, and it had a good finish. Good way to start the show.

***1/4 (out of 5)

Team RAW Divas vs. Team SmackDown Divas
This match was very disappointing. You have Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, Candace Michelle, Victoria, Natalya, and Michelle McCool (who is improving), and the result is one of the most disppointing Divas matches ever. The non-wrestler divas kind of bog this one down. A lot of this just looks amateurish, the eliminations come out of nowhere, and the only excitment comes in the last couple of minutes between Phoenix and Maryse.

**1/4

The Undertaker vs. Big Show - Casket Match
Let me just go on record and say that I LOVED the matches in this feud...up until this point. Their match at No Mercy was fast-paced, action-packed, and had a shocking finish. The Last Man Standing match at Cyber Sunday was one of the best I've ever seen. This match...eh. It had some good storytelling with Show not wanting to go near the caske, some solid brawling, and the finish was certainly surprising, but the whole "wall of fire" made it very cheesy, and you could tell that these guys had run out of things to do with each other. Typical third chapter.

Team Orton vs. Team Batista
Good match. Nothing but work-horses here, exciting action, appropriate eliminations, and a very nice finish that made everyone pop! The lack of star power was strange, but it still kind of worked.

***1/2

Triple H vs. Vladimir Kozlov (vs. Edge)
I remember when I first watched this match, without having read any reviews, and thinking "this is one of the worst matches I've ever seen." Four months later, and I still feel that way. Ranked by PWI as the "worst worked match of the year," I can't quite disagree. There's nothing but rest-holds and awkward exchanges. HHH seems to be trying, but the fact that he could carry The Great Khali to an entertaining match at SummerSlam, and can't carry Kozlov tells me that there is something seriously wrong with Kozlov. But then the match changes. So I'm going to give two ratings here, and then average it out. The HHH/Kozlov section of the match gets *1/2.

Then is the inclusion of Edge, the run-in by Jeff Hardy, the chair-shots, the spear, and the pin. Non-stop action, unpredictable, easily the best ending to the worst match ever. This portion of the match would get ****

So my rating: **1/2 (not quite an average, but the suckier part of the match was much, much longer

Chris Jericho vs. John Cena
One of the okay-est main events I've ever seen. This was like something out of a TNA ppv...it just never quite clicked. Cena and Jericho have good chemistry, but this match just...it just wasn't great. My advice: check out the rematch at Armageddon a month later. It's half the length and twice as good. Nice finish, though, with Cena turning a small package into the FU.

***1/4

Overall: ***
Old 02-28-09, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i agree, Survivor Series wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Most people who bad mouth it usually hate it because of 1 certain outcome (which is usually Cena winning).

I also loved the extra match with Jeff Hardy vs. Undertaker Extreme Rules which was included and the HBK/Khali segment was hilarious as well.
Old 02-28-09, 02:40 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

For anyone looking at getting the TNA sets they're a little bit less if you use the code IWANTMORETNA at the checkout. They come to about $68 including tax and s/h if you use that code.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.