Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume IX

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume IX

Old 03-08-09, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume IX

Originally Posted by houshour1996 View Post
Or you could buy it new from the Best Buy website for $14.99 like I did about a month ago. I belive it's still listed as well and Unforgiven 1998 which I got for $12.99.
WrestleMania X-Seven, you mean?
Old 03-08-09, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony View Post
WrestleMania X-Seven, you mean?
Seems that way.
Old 03-08-09, 11:51 AM

Thats awkward. Did Best Buy come across a couple extra copies in their warehouse and decide to get rid of them?
Old 03-08-09, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i started to collect WWE/WWF dvds in the summer of 2002 and i'm glad i managed to find all of the 2000-2001 dvds that were getting discontinued around that and different stores like Walmart, Future Shop, HMV, Blockbuster, etc. were having great sales on them. I think the best deal i came across was when i found Summerslam 2001 and Survivor Series 2000 at Walmart that were 2 for $10 in 2002.

I feel good that i didn't have to pay the highly inflated price.

I think the most i ever paid for a single WWE/WWF DVD was about $45 for brand new RAW Homecoming in 2007.

The only WWF ones i need and still trying to find are:

Attitude Collection: Eve of Destruction
Attitude Collection: Tables, Ladders and Chairs
Attitude Collection: Undertaker - Phenom (very rare)
Attitude Collection: Best of RAW Vol. 1 (i have the 2 disc set with Vol. 2 so this i'm not concerned over getting)
Attitude Collection: Best of Wrestlemania
Attitude Collection: Best of Survivor Series

Last edited by sg2386; 03-08-09 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-08-09, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete View Post
Thats awkward. Did Best Buy come across a couple extra copies in their warehouse and decide to get rid of them?
Must be. I still don't regret paying $76 for my copy. The fact is, it's long out of print, hard to come by, and even if it's available for $15 for a while, it won't always be.

Unfortunetly, I started collecting wrestling DVDs in summer 2004, so I missed the boat.

The really haunting part is that I worked at Sam Goody from late '01 to Summer '02, and vividly remember handling copies of WrestleMania XV, WrestleMania 2000, WrestleMania X-7, and a bunch of other DVDs that I would pay through the nose for now. Now, whenever I'm unsure about picking up a wrestling DVD, I almost always get it, because it could end up rare (recently with WrestleMania XX, The Rock: Just Bring It!, TNA No Surrender '07, and TNA Turning Point '06.
Old 03-08-09, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The really haunting part is that I worked at Sam Goody from late '01 to Summer '02, and vividly remember handling copies of WrestleMania XV, WrestleMania 2000, WrestleMania X-7, and a bunch of other DVDs that I would pay through the nose for now. Now, whenever I'm unsure about picking up a wrestling DVD, I almost always get it, because it could end up rare (recently with WrestleMania XX, The Rock: Just Bring It!, TNA No Surrender '07, and TNA Turning Point '06.
Same here, back in late-2002, i saw brand new copies of WM2000 and Summerslam 99 DVDs at Blockbuster, i didn't pay much attention to it so i didn't get it. Few weeks later i went there again and both those were still on the shelf so i just bought them ($20 a piece) thinking about it today i made good choice since WM2000 goes for over $150 brand new.

Last edited by sg2386; 03-08-09 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-08-09, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I checked my local K Mart and couldn't find any of the advertised DVDs nor did any of the employees have a clue. I'll check another store tomorrow (hopefully with better luck).

For those of you that are able to find the DVDs, you can get a coupon for $5 off a $50 in store purchase if you sign up for emails from Kmart (there should be a banner at the top of kmart.com).
Old 03-08-09, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I actually found the display at my K Mart. I checked electronics first, but it was in this display at the front entrance. I didn't see it when I walked in because they had it tucked behind another endcap display.

Much to my surprise, they actually had 3 or 4 copies of Wrestlemania XX, which I picked up along with Wrestlemania 22.

Question for those of you who bought XX when it originally came out: Was it originally released in the cardboard style packaging that all the ones from 21 to current seem to be? The copy of XX I got is in an Amaray (plastic) case, like the early WM releases were. It doesn't even say how many discs there are on the back of the case, but it feels like 2 or 3, weight-wise.
Old 03-08-09, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

thats the re release then. if i recall, the original was released as a 3 disc, then cut down to a 2 disc.

Just ordered WM X-7 from the best buy site, its backordered but the site says it is usually shipped between 1 and 2 weeks (crosses fingers)
Old 03-08-09, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding View Post
Question for those of you who bought XX when it originally came out: Was it originally released in the cardboard style packaging that all the ones from 21 to current seem to be? The copy of XX I got is in an Amaray (plastic) case, like the early WM releases were. It doesn't even say how many discs there are on the back of the case, but it feels like 2 or 3, weight-wise.
No, it was different. The box was like the box for the Hulk Hogan anthology: it was a very solid, study cardboard, only like the WM 21-24 DVDs, the box folded out.

I originally bought that copy back in '04, only problem was that the plastic on the cardboard kept falling off, even after I glued it back on. So I gave up and bought a new copy. To make it clear, though, both the original release and 2005 amaray have 3 discs.
Old 03-08-09, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

both the original release and 2005 amaray have 3 discs.
And correct me if I'm wrong, includes the wonderful practice of stacking all 3 discs on top of each other.
Old 03-08-09, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks. I just opened it to make sure all the discs were in place and scratch free. Weird packaging, how they're just 3 discs stacked on top of each other onto a single hub.
Old 03-08-09, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shacmasta View Post
And correct me if I'm wrong, includes the wonderful practice of stacking all 3 discs on top of each other.
Yes, they are, but it's not as ungainly as it sounds. The hub is deep enough to hold them are sturdily. They would have been better off with a plastic flap in the middle to hold the other two discs, but this works fine, too.
Old 03-08-09, 06:02 PM

Has anyone heard anything about Wal-Mart Canada having a sale for Wrestlemania? Last year I got all of the WM Anthologies for 14.98 each! They usually have a big cube or end cap.
Old 03-08-09, 07:55 PM

I actually found the display at my K Mart. I checked electronics first, but it was in this display at the front entrance. I didn't see it when I walked in because they had it tucked behind another endcap display.

Much to my surprise, they actually had 3 or 4 copies of Wrestlemania XX, which I picked up along with Wrestlemania 22.

The local K-Mart here had the displays out as well. Like yourself, I was very surprised to see WM XX actually there.

Was also surprised to see the previously Wal Mart Exclusive, Greatest Superstars of WrestleMania 2 discer there as well for only $12.99.

Thanks. I just opened it to make sure all the discs were in place and scratch free. Weird packaging, how they're just 3 discs stacked on top of each other onto a single hub.
The Undertaker Tombstone set was packaged this way as well.
Old 03-08-09, 10:17 PM

Question on the K-mart sale ... do any of you know if the Sears Essentials (which used to be K-marts) stores are also carrying these WWE dvds??? Thanks!
Old 03-08-09, 10:47 PM

is WM 23 in the sale too?
Old 03-08-09, 10:52 PM

The ad shows 20, 22 & 24. It would make sense for it to be on sale as well, no reason to skip it.
Old 03-09-09, 10:36 AM

so anyone else stoked for summerslam volume 1 set tomorrow ?
Old 03-09-09, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by WEEDEDOUT View Post
so anyone else stoked for summerslam volume 1 set tomorrow ?
No, because the packaging still sucks.
Old 03-09-09, 11:51 AM

Went to K-Mart today, their display wasn't even set up, the signs were on a table and the DVDs were still in boxes. I opened up the boxes myself and took what i wanted out. They had a couple Edge, Austin, DX, Cena, HBK sets, along with Saturday Night's Main Event. No Manias. Picked up DX, Edge, Austin & SNME for $15 each though, so not bad. Plus i got the $10 off mania
Old 03-09-09, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

damn, i got the email from best buy saying its back ordered, but it does say they expect it within 1 to 2 weeks.
Old 03-09-09, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by espin View Post
Has anyone heard anything about Wal-Mart Canada having a sale for Wrestlemania? Last year I got all of the WM Anthologies for 14.98 each! They usually have a big cube or end cap.
I've been checking stores. They just had a display over Christmas, so I wasn't sure they'd put one up again so soon or if they'd send it to Zellers instead.

At any rate, post here if you do find one!
Old 03-09-09, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing View Post
No, because the packaging still sucks.
oh i didnt see it other than the cover.
Old 03-09-09, 03:05 PM

The latest WWE magazine is listing Superfly: The Jimmy Snuka Story to be released on April 14. The same date as the Greatest Superstars of the 90s so this is probably not right but may mean its coming soon. (Like the Jericho set!?)

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.