Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Walt Disney Treasures Wave VIII

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-08, 09:27 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
Amazon really f'ed up, I had put in an order way back in August, and the discs I got today where from Syn and MM Club, even though the latter disc was supposed to be Donald Duck - the Donald Duck link in my order jumped over to the MM Club disc which explains why I got it - needless to say, I know have to wait for the replacement disc and send back the MM Club disc in the mail - ugh...
strike two! - the replacement tin: another copy of 'The Mickey Mouse' club disc - damnit - idiots!

Last edited by Giles; 11-13-08 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-13-08, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm confused...are people getting the wrong discs in their tins? Just wondering if I should open immediately upon receipt to make sure I get the right discs. Are the labels on the disc misprinted, or do you have to play them to know?
Old 11-13-08, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by JerryKILL
I'm confused...are people getting the wrong discs in their tins? Just wondering if I should open immediately upon receipt to make sure I get the right discs. Are the labels on the disc misprinted, or do you have to play them to know?
no, in my case, Amazon keeps screwing up my order, I've tried twice now to order the Donald Duck disc, but the link/store inventory on Amazon's website is all messed up. How after being on the phone with someone yesterday, they understood the problem, but still sent out the wrong tin, is beyond me.

Last edited by Giles; 11-13-08 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-13-08, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^In the Barnes & Noble coupon thread, there's some talk of screwed up UPC's so maybe that's the problem.
Old 11-13-08, 09:56 AM

I think I'll just screw Amazon over and keep both Mickey Mouse Club discs and not send one back but physically purchase the Donald Duck Collection from Best Buy.
Old 11-13-08, 11:54 AM

I think I'll just screw Amazon over and keep both Mickey Mouse Club discs and not send one back but physically purchase the Donald Duck Collection from Best Buy.
Just watch out they don't charge your credit card for not returning..
DG
Old 11-13-08, 12:43 PM

oh I'll return it for sure, I'm just kind of pissed off by it all. The Amazon guy on the phone even said he have a return slip in my replacement disc order, but nope... wow, alot of false promises.

Got my Donald Duck tin during lunch, (Best Buy Tenleytown has only one left).... can't wait to watch the Cinemascope shorts!
Old 11-13-08, 02:02 PM

Went to Best Buy this mourning and picked up the second to last copy of Donald and the last copy of Dr. Syn, there were at least 7 copies of Annette.

Last edited by Rusty Nail; 11-13-08 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-13-08, 06:22 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
I had an order pick up at best buy for donald and syn. And they pulled Annette instead of Donald. Then there were no more in the store. I had to go to Target to get one. This sucked. As there is a mix up with Donald and Annette on order pick ups at best buy. I had to get it at Target because I didnt want to risk ordering it online and getting Annette elsewhere. Maybe its a secret plot to get the Annette tins sold.
Old 11-13-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've had the same problem with Amazon. Ordered back in August. Noticed later that the link in the order page was leading not to Donald but to Annette for some reason. It still said Donald in the order though. Called a few times, and was told they'd fix it before it ships. They did not, and I got Annette. Was pissed and called them. They refunded me for the Annette and are sending a copy of the Donald for free. Looks like I got it for free... but I'll return it, I have no use for it.
Old 11-14-08, 09:00 AM

Thanks for the clarification. I ordered online from BB, it shipped today. I'll soon know if they pulled Annette or Donald. Seems like Disney has had something go wrong with every Treasure release the past few years.
Old 11-14-08, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
Dang, looks like I need to jump on this Donald set pretty soon, I've usually been able to ask for them as Christmas gifts or use gift cards post-holiday.

Anybody want, what can I give up? How about the Red Cross edition Sleepaway Camp box?
Old 11-15-08, 06:49 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Snoozed, and possibly lost. Waited until last night to pick them up. First BB only had Annette. Second BB had Annette and Donald, got them for $40. Got a raincheck for Syn, as they up as 10 more on order in their system. Will check Costco again next time I'm out that way.
Old 11-15-08, 06:50 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Thinking about completing my collection of the older tins. Where are the best prices generally?
Old 11-15-08, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts
Stuck in disc one of Dr. Syn last night. Very impressed with the work that went into this. Although made for tv it was shot in 1:66 and that's how both the tv show versions and feature version are presented. Loved this since I was a kid and this is just totally awesome. The Wonderful World of Disney intro and Walt's introduction are in orginal 1:33. You can choose between the original mono or new 5.1 mix. The original negative was restored and remastered in hi-def. Looks beautiful. My favorite dvd of the year.
Old 11-15-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got the 2 good ones on Wed and they were the last at my BB. They had lots of Annette though. Im still debating if I should get that cause I REALLY dont want it, but damn Im a completist
Old 11-15-08, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Snoozed, and possibly lost. Waited until last night to pick them up. First BB only had Annette. Second BB had Annette and Donald, got them for $40. Got a raincheck for Syn, as they up as 10 more on order in their system. Will check Costco again next time I'm out that way.
After reading the posts here Tuesday morning and noticing my DVD Planet order had been cancelled I hauled ass down to Best Buy for Dr. Syn. I'm very glad I did now.
Old 11-15-08, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts
I might have to jump on this 2 for $40 thing at Best Buy.

Last edited by bluetoast; 11-15-08 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-15-08, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
Amazon really f'ed up, I had put in an order way back in August, and the discs I got today where from Syn and MM Club, even though the latter disc was supposed to be Donald Duck - the Donald Duck link in my order jumped over to the MM Club disc which explains why I got it - needless to say, I know have to wait for the replacement disc and send back the MM Club disc in the mail - ugh...
I had the same thing happen to me with bestbuy.com, and they don't do exchanges apparently so they will just credit my account back, which will screw up the 2 for $40 deal they gave me. Can't say I'm very happy with them right now. I have no desire to have the Mickey Mouse Club set or I'd just keep it.
Old 11-17-08, 05:44 PM

Ditto for me. I just received the Annette dvd in the mail. I called BestBuy.com and the lady I talked to was very nice and said she'd ship me a new one, however, she thinks it will end up being another Annette dvd and not Donald. She said they have been getting calls all weekend but nobody there knows how to fix it. (!??!)

I'd really like to complete my Donald set!
Old 11-17-08, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

LOL I finally realized why my order wasn't screwed up...I ordered both Annette AND Donald! They probably were mixed up but since I ordered both I didn't notice. lol
Old 11-17-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by texasgator
Ditto for me. I just received the Annette dvd in the mail. I called BestBuy.com and the lady I talked to was very nice and said she'd ship me a new one, however, she thinks it will end up being another Annette dvd and not Donald. She said they have been getting calls all weekend but nobody there knows how to fix it. (!??!)

I'd really like to complete my Donald set!
It can't be that freaking hard, look at the picture on the box! But yeah, they got right back to me and said they're shipping me a Donald set, so we'll see.
Old 11-18-08, 11:19 AM

Received Annette not Donald from BB online. BB CSR instructed me to return the item. I explained the whole SKU mixup to her. I want DONALD, and hopefully they will reship, otherwise more phone calls will be made.
Old 11-18-08, 11:50 AM

An update to the BB return process: BB had me reorder Donald, but using this SKU: 9040815. Notice the picture is Annette but product description is Donald. However, I had previously ordered using the SKU 9088747 and received Annette not Donald. As for the 2 for $40 deal, the CSR gave me a credit of $10 after I replaced an order for just Donald. Kind of a mess...but hopefully I'll get the right item this time!
Old 11-18-08, 02:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Is Dr. Syn anamorphic 1.66:1?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.