Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official GRINDHOUSE Page PART 2 (Death Proof & Planet Terror)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-07, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Previous thread HERE:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....8&page=1&pp=25
Old 10-18-07, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just a tip for anybody that missed getting a Planet Terror steelbook, you can try ordering one online at Best Buy's site for in-store pickup and checking the stock of any stores near you. You may have to make a small drive, but it's better than being empty-handed.
Old 10-18-07, 08:48 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
the madness continues...
Old 10-18-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bestbuy Stores does not recognize the barcode for the $5.00 mfg coupon. And the Bestbuy clerks can only discount up to $3. Best advise, wait for a store supervisor to over ride it to $5 off or go to the customer service section (normally the returns & exchange dept.).

For those who have the "TWEC Exclusive Slipcase" but got the bestbuy steelbooks.. I rather follow the tip of DVDtalk member Abe, go get the slipcase for the regular 2disc and slip it to the steelbook.. Its free as the barcode being checked is the steelbook .. reference topic thread page:http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....&page=20&pp=25

Originally Posted by xage
Old 10-18-07, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
There were lots of copies of the Planet Terror steelbooks at my local Future Shop store.
Old 10-18-07, 10:27 AM

Sold out now on bestbuy.com.
Probably will be removed from the website
just like Death Proof.
Old 10-18-07, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Earlier this morning I went ahead and ordered the Planet Terror steelbook, despite my experience with Death Proof. I did the in store pick-up twice for that DVD, but they both pulled the standard edition (the first store sold out of the steelbook in the meantime, hence the second order; luckily, that store still had the steelbooks in stock).
Old 10-18-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good News. Bitching paid off at BB. Customer Service is sending me a free $10 Gift Card because of the problems I had w/ the coupon and the douche manager. Now I get $10 and still have my coupons for another copy for gifts. Sweeeeet.
Old 10-18-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Again, people who are trying to use the coupon: I work at Best Buy. It is a manufacturer's coupon. It must be applied AFTER the purchase has been totaled, manufacturer's coupons are considered a form of tender. The clerk should type in "5.00" and then hit the key (F7 on my system) for the type of coupon and the money will come off. I don't know why so many Best Buy employees in other places don't know how to do it.
Old 10-18-07, 11:33 AM

Bestbuy Stores does not recognize the barcode for the $5.00 mfg coupon. And the Bestbuy clerks can only discount up to $3. Best advise, wait for a store supervisor to over ride it to $5 off or go to the customer service section (normally the returns & exchange dept.).
That isn't true, as stated by many of us. Its a manufacturer coupon, and has to be rang up AFTER the transaction is totaled w/tax. Not sure where you got that info from, but myself, MANY others, and the BB employee(s) that are on the forums have all said otherwise.

With a few exceptions, most of us have had no problems at all with the coupon.
Old 10-18-07, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Earlier this morning I went ahead and ordered the Planet Terror steelbook, despite my experience with Death Proof. I did the in store pick-up twice for that DVD, but they both pulled the standard edition (the first store sold out of the steelbook in the meantime, hence the second order; luckily, that store still had the steelbooks in stock).
I just called the store I ordered mine from and she checked and confirmed they were holding the steelbook case for me. Might be a good idea to call and verify for anybody else still scrambling to get through this mess.
Old 10-18-07, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

got my copies today. had to drive a ways to get them (my local stores were sold out). they were the last ones in the store i went to (south brunswick,nj).
Old 10-18-07, 06:20 PM

Well, I had no luck getting a price adjustment on Death Proof steelbook with the $5 found inside Planet Terror. Asked about a price adjustment and was halted at "we can't do that for online orders." Tomorrow I'll take in the store pick up paper receipt (which has 9/21 printed on it as opposed to 9/18) and try again.
Old 10-18-07, 06:32 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts
i can't believe there was so much problems with this coupon. i had no problems. the girl didn't know how to ring it up bc i think she was new, but the seasoned next to her punched in some keys and it was all good. it is a manu coupon and should be taken regardless of version or what ever.
Old 10-18-07, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

any actual pix of the Bestbuy(Canada) exclusive box.
Old 10-18-07, 07:21 PM

yeah, I'd like also like to see with the two steelbooks in it.
Old 10-18-07, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like Xage said, complete the purchase for Planet Terror first and then take the coupons (for both Death Proof and Planet Terror) and the receipts for both dvds to the returns and exchange dept. The should refund you $5 each for both Deathproof and Planet Terror (whether Steelbook or regular two-disc).
Old 10-18-07, 07:31 PM

can we do this even if we ordered it for in-store pickup? I was able to use the coupon for PT, but I didn't even think about return-rebuying DP. IT'S GENIUS!
Old 10-18-07, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Imail724
can we do this even if we ordered it for in-store pickup? I was able to use the coupon for PT, but I didn't even think about return-rebuying DP. IT'S GENIUS!
Why wouldn't it? as long as it is within 30 days of the purchase date and you have the receipt for Death Proof, BB should honor the coupon for Death Proof as it is a manufacturer's coupon.
Old 10-18-07, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i returned and used the coupon from planet terror for $5.00 off at the customer service. they credited me $5.35 back to my mc as a pricematch. thanks for the heads up!
Old 10-18-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tofferman
Why wouldn't it? as long as it is within 30 days of the purchase date and you have the receipt for Death Proof, BB should honor the coupon for Death Proof as it is a manufacturer's coupon.
The problem with going back and doing the thing is that you get the regular price for DP instead of the sale price you got when you bought it if you bought it first week so you'll only get like $2 back if you use the DP coupon.
Old 10-18-07, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by droidguy1119
The problem with going back and doing the thing is that you get the regular price for DP instead of the sale price you got when you bought it if you bought it first week so you'll only get like $2 back if you use the DP coupon.
ah no. They scan the receipt barcode which has the original sale price.
Old 10-18-07, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts
Originally Posted by gerrythedon
They didn't do that for me, I got back like $2.80. Still not bad though.
Old 10-18-07, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
That's what they did for me as well...
Old 10-18-07, 10:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
w0ot picked up my PT steelbook today at futureshop, they had around 8 left. I'm in steelbook heaven with my PT and my two Transformers!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.