Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official MMA DVD Discussion Thread (UFC/Pride & Other)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 09-07-07, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I'm assuming I'm not the only one that buys MMA dvd's on a regular basis.....

With that said. This thread is for all things MMA. Discuss the DVD releases past, present and future in the World of Mixed Martial Arts. From UFC, Pride FC/Bushido and King of the Cage to ADCC, IVC and HookNShoot.

With all that said. I picked up the Liddell v. Couture Trilogy yesterday from Best buy. It comes w/a UFC 57 shirt packed inside and lenticular card cover.

Last edited by shacmasta; 10-31-07 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-07-07, 01:05 AM

to this tread. I was going to create one months ago but got distracted for some reason.

Does anyone know if Lionsgate will be releasing more of the UFC Classics? For some reason they skipped The Ultimate Ultimate 95 that took place between UFC 7 and 8.
Old 09-07-07, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like it's just me and you, Leech.

About the classics. I read that the idea was to release all pre-zuffa events under the "classics" banner. No idea why they skipped the ultimate ultimate, hopefully they make good and release it soon.

Just got back from best buy and they put the long delayed ultimate fighter 2 dvd set out for sale. TUF 2 was only released out in canada and not in the US (For those unfamiliar. UFC had problems with there distributor which delayed the release of ufc 57, TUF 2 and the best of '05 comp)

At first I thought it was TUF 3, since it's the same box shape and side logo.
Old 09-08-07, 02:31 AM

I'll have to post some pics of my collection. I have almost every UFC and Pride plus a little bit of some other stuff. I passed on the Liddell vs Couture collection as I have the 3 individual releases. I will pick up The Ultimate Fighter 2 on my next trip to BB.
Old 09-08-07, 06:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought the Ultimate Fighter 2 dvd set about 9 months ago from a Canadian website. The season was really good, although the best feature is on the bonus disc. Stephan and Forrest doing commentary over all of the tryout videos is classic. Especially one guy who drives his car and parks it, to which Forrest says, "Great, he can parrallel park, let's put him on the show..."
Old 09-08-07, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by seltzer77
I bought the Ultimate Fighter 2 dvd set about 9 months ago from a Canadian website. The season was really good, although the best feature is on the bonus disc. Stephan and Forrest doing commentary over all of the tryout videos is classic. Especially one guy who drives his car and parks it, to which Forrest says, "Great, he can parrallel park, let's put him on the show..."
I did the same exact thing. I now wish I waited, but at the time I wasn't sure if they were going to make good and release it here in the states.

The content is exactly the same for both and the material is spread out on 5 discs exactly the same, the 5th disc being the best of TUF tryouts. The only thing different on the Canadian release is the box & dvd cases. It's similar too the first TUF season release w/ 4 dvd cases stored in a box slip.

I read that in a few weeks there going to re-release the 1st season of TUF. Most likely to match the current box design and storage of the discs.
Old 09-08-07, 03:02 PM

I'm hoping UFC starts to release more of the Pride dvds, as Pride was a few years behind on getting most of the events out...
Old 09-09-07, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by seltzer77
I'm hoping UFC starts to release more of the Pride dvds, as Pride was a few years behind on getting most of the events out...
Not really. They did a better job then the UFC does with there own early events and BCI/Eclipse still has a few releases on the schedule.

Events 24 to 28 in October

This tuesday (hopefully)
Old 09-23-07, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sup, kind of new to the world of MMA and UFC. Ended up buying the Contour vs Liddell trilogy at fye for 26.99.
Anyways, i watched the premiere of the new season of The Ultimate Fighter. I see only 3 seasons have been released so far (5 full seasons have been produced thus far right?) I was wondering if the dvd's were unedited, as the bleeping on the show is almost too much. I realize Spike TV has standards and what not, but it gets frustrating (at least for me) to hear half the show silent.
Old 09-23-07, 09:06 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I can't comment on seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, but season 3 of the Ultimate Fighter is unedited. You get to hear Dana White in all his glory. I've only watched half of episode one so far, and there must've been at least 10 f bombs already.
Old 09-23-07, 10:45 AM

Seasons 1 & 2 are also uncensored, so you get to hear Dana give his "You want to be a F****** fighter speach..."

On an unrelated note, I picked up the IFL dvd this past week that just came out. While I'm not much of a fan of the team concept, the "super fights" on this dvd make the disc good. Lindland vs Horn, Militech vs Renzo Gracie, Newton vs Lindland, just to name a few. It's worth checking out.
Old 09-23-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I too picked up the IFL dvd and Bodog fight season 1 as well. I haven't opened up either as of yet because I've been busy with all the live ufc material and my pride 2003 middleweight grand prix dvd. Which thankfully was released last week.
Old 09-23-07, 02:05 PM

Just wanted to add my two cents to this thread as I'm relatively new to watching MMA (I am biased to watching just UFC based on they are the fighters I know, I love Goldberg and Rogan on the mic, and I am very impressed with the gloss that Zuffa puts into their broadcasting). I am finding the UFC PPV's to be a pleasant replacement for the megafights that boxing used to produce. I am also glad that UFC PPV's can be shown at sportsbars and you can pick up the DVD's pretty soon after for a relatively decent price.

I have three UFC DVD's so far (Two 2 Packs and the Courture/Silva PPV) and am very interested on picking up the Randy/Chuck 3 pack. Can any1 offer a quick review of the DVD for me?
Old 09-23-07, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by MigusMaximus
Just wanted to add my two cents to this thread as I'm relatively new to watching MMA (I am biased to watching just UFC based on they are the fighters I know, I love Goldberg and Rogan on the mic, and I am very impressed with the gloss that Zuffa puts into their broadcasting). I am finding the UFC PPV's to be a pleasant replacement for the megafights that boxing used to produce. I am also glad that UFC PPV's can be shown at sportsbars and you can pick up the DVD's pretty soon after for a relatively decent price.

I have three UFC DVD's so far (Two 2 Packs and the Courture/Silva PPV) and am very interested on picking up the Randy/Chuck 3 pack. Can any1 offer a quick review of the DVD for me?
Off the top of my head, the UFC show with Randy/Chuck 2 fight (UFC 52) is one of my favorite UFC shows. Matt Hughes vs Frank Trigg is awesome, and I love the GSP vs Jason Miller fight. Those, on top of the Randy Chuck fight made it an awesome show.
Old 09-23-07, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MigusMaximus

Well, If you don't have any liddell/couture events already. Go with the 3 event set of liddell v. couture.

UFC 57 Liddell v. Couture 3 is 2 discs. The 1st disc has the entire event, except for the walk in's, though liddell/couture are shown. The 2nd disc has a 20 minute liddell/couture behind the scenes feature that follows both fighters around before and after their classic 3rd encounter. It also has a 7 minute return of frank mir feature. Nothing extremely important, I kinda wish they added more to the 4th disc, they definitely had enough room to do so.

UFC 43 & UFC 52 are the exact same discs from there previous releases.

UFC 43: Meltdown is an ok card w/ some pretty memorable stuff that needs to be seen. First thing off the top of my head is from the vitor belfort/marvin eastman fight. I think joe rogan said it best...."he looks like he was just hit with an axe" The cut is that bad.

Also, Tank abbott takes on kimo in a short bout, Lindland v. Vitale & frank mir takes on wes sims in 2 weird bouts as far as results go.

UFC 52: Couture/Liddell

Is solid all around like seltzer stated with hughes v. trigg in there rematch that looked alt like the first one. Pierre v. Mayham Miller, Lindland v. Lutter and Joe Riggs takes on the crafty vet Ivan Salaverry.
Old 09-27-07, 10:49 PM

Does anyone have definite release dates for upcoming PRIDE FC releases?
Old 09-28-07, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I guess I'm sort of the DVDtalk panel resident MMA guy. I review all the MMA discs that are made available (which isnt enough). Glad to see this thread. I've bee a fan since the start and I own all the UFC and Pride DVDs, and I've got two external hard drives filled with K-1, Shooto, DEEP, and such.

Originally Posted by ValeTudoChokeOu
Does anyone have definite release dates for upcoming PRIDE FC releases?
Well, I havent heard a blip. In terms of Pride they kept pretty up to date with DVD releases, so much so they have gone through second cycles of re/new releases of everything prior to 2006. The only hole is in those 2006 events. One assumes UFC's buyout of Pride (which included fight rights) is the reason those events havent come out yet.
Old 09-28-07, 03:43 PM

there are/were some exclusive ufc dvds if you order through the ufc dvd club. I have UFC 57 original release that was never sold in stores.

also I have one of extra copy of a new rare UFC 58 with exclusive extra disc...if someone is interested.
Old 10-06-07, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazon finally put season 4 of the Ultimate Fighter up for pre-order.

Ultimate Fighter 4: The Comeback

Also, I got an email from amazon saying that my order for Elitexc: Destiny, is now backordered. So who knows what happened. It was slated for a october 2nd release.

also I have one of extra copy of a new rare UFC 58 with exclusive extra disc...if someone is interested.
By the way, What's on the bonus disc?
Old 10-31-07, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For those of you interested in picking up the new UFC Ultimate, Ultimate Knockouts DVD scheduled for a Nov. 6th release. It's a Compilation set of the previous four that were already released, And to top it all off, It's Listed as only 60 minutes.! I mean, How can you comp the first four volumes and cut it down to an hour. I just don't get it.

Old 11-02-07, 02:40 PM

I have not watched the new Ultimate Knockouts DVD yet, but picked it up today. The insert lists 36 fights, that have taken place between 1996 and 2006.

The packaging mentions Anderson Silva, yet the fight list does not show him. Anyone know if maybe he has a "bonus" fight on the dvd? I love the Leben/Silva fight, and hope that is one the dvd some where...
Old 11-03-07, 03:10 AM

I'm pissed that the OWGP (2006) hasnt been released yet....since the 2004 HWT GP, the US releases of Total Elimination, Critical Countdown and Final Conflict have all been steadily released starting around a year after they happened....
Old 11-03-07, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I train down on the island at Matt Serra's Jiu Jitsu school. Top notch place. Great instructors, dedicated students. Very few that want to do MMA, but everyone that wants to train hard. I trained for years then came down here and got my ass handed to me by their belts of the same rank.

I want to get the UFC season MAtt was on, and of course this season when it's released. I haven't seen many episodes, but obviously everyone is talking about it after the episode airs so i know what's going on.
Old 11-04-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best buy is having a pretty sweet sale on the newer releases from UFC & Pride...

The new Ultimate knockouts (w/vera cover) & ufc 71 DVD is on sale for 9.99

TUF 4: The Comeback (New Release) & Pride Fighting Legacy Volume 5 (Events 24 thru 28) For 14.99

Pride Middleweight Grand Prix '03 & Liddell v. Couture Trilogy for 19.99
Old 11-10-07, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How's the quality for the Pride 2003 Grand Prix 4 disc collector's edition? I bought some Pride DVD's before and they had that "white" wash feel. Is it the same for this or has it been improved?

My brother bought UFC 71 and I was impressed with the quality. Anamorphic 16 x 9 for the event and extras! Can't beat it for $9.99.

Does anyone know when UFC started releasing events in widescreen?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.