Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official MMA DVD Discussion Thread (UFC/Pride & Other)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Official MMA DVD Discussion Thread (UFC/Pride & Other)

Old 11-10-07, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by matrixrok9
How's the quality for the Pride 2003 Grand Prix 4 disc collector's edition? I bought some Pride DVD's before and they had that "white" wash feel. Is it the same for this or has it been improved?

My brother bought UFC 71 and I was impressed with the quality. Anamorphic 16 x 9 for the event and extras! Can't beat it for $9.99.

Does anyone know when UFC started releasing events in widescreen?
my guess is when they started broadcasting in hd??
Old 11-10-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by matrixrok9
How's the quality for the Pride 2003 Grand Prix 4 disc collector's edition? I bought some Pride DVD's before and they had that "white" wash feel. Is it the same for this or has it been improved?
I know exactly what you mean. It's somewhat improved. A touch brighter, but still relatively the same.
Old 11-10-07, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shacmasta
I know exactly what you mean. It's somewhat improved. A touch brighter, but still relatively the same.
Thanks. I'll return it then.
Old 11-11-07, 08:30 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Anyone looking for a deal on a large quantity of UFC DVDs I just posted my collection on the DVD Exchange forum. I'm selling them, because I need the money to pay for car repairs.
Old 12-05-07, 03:23 PM

any updates on upcoming PRIDE releases?
Old 12-31-07, 10:06 PM

I was at the K-1 Dyanamite show here in Los Angeles...that featured Royce Gracie vs. Kazushi Sakuraba rematch and Brock Lesnar's MMA debut. I heard this was released in the UK...any word on a US release?
Old 01-03-08, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CaseyB
I was at the K-1 Dyanamite show here in Los Angeles...that featured Royce Gracie vs. Kazushi Sakuraba rematch and Brock Lesnar's MMA debut. I heard this was released in the UK...any word on a US release?
We can only hope. Since it was promoted by K1/Hero's & Pro Elite that might make it harder to distribute. Pro Elite is having a hard time releasing their Destiny show (Renzo Gracie v. Frank Shamrock) on dvd and It's now been pushed back indefinitly. K1/Hero's hasn't released anything on this side of the fence to my knowledge.

any updates on upcoming PRIDE releases?
The only thing I read was a brief quote in a BCI/Eclipse press releases that states they will countinue to releases Pride & King of the cage events. Whether that means New events or double dips of previous events we already have is anyone's guess. I just hope they release the 2006 events

Also....

Amazon.com put the Ultimate Fighter 5: Pulver v. Penn up for pre-order. To be released on 2/5/08
Old 01-03-08, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Does the 2003 GP dvd include the other fights from the events it was culminated from?
Thx
Old 01-06-08, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Does the 2003 GP dvd include the other fights from the events it was culminated from?
Thx
All of the PRIDE GP events (2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, Bushido tournament) include the full card on the dvds.
Old 01-10-08, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got my hands on an advance copy of UFC 76: Knockout, And it's a special edition 2 disc edition, The 2nd disc has "over 100 minutes" of bonus footage.

- Countdown to UFC 76
- Weigh in's
- Event Slideshow
- Post Fight Press Conference
- UFC 76 Behind the scenes

I gotta say. I truly hope they decide to do this for every event DVD from now on. I can tell you that UFC 77: Hostile Territory goes back to a single disc, since I got a hold of that one as well. So this one might be to test the market so to speak. I know the feeling use to be from UFC that they didn't wanna give you everything the PPV customer paid for because it might hurt future PPV buys, but I totally disagree with that. Fight fans are going to order fights the night of, if they want to see said fight bad enough. I have never met a fan pass over a PPV fight and wait 3-4 months for it on dvd.

Anyway, 2 disc treatment is definitely the way to go in my opinion. The countdown show is a bit different then the one they showed on spike. It has a bit more footage and what not. The post fight conference is by far the most entertaining and something I hope they make a point to included on there DVD's from now on.
Old 01-23-08, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got UFC 76 yesterday, and I have to agree with shacmasta. The bonus disc truly adds a lot to the release. Showing the weigh ins, post fight confernce, and all of the other bonus stuff really adds a lot. It helps to tell more of a story, especially in the Chuck vs Jardine fight. Before the fight (especially at the weigh ins), Keith was getting boo'd big time, and nobody was giving him a chance. By the time the post fight press conference came up, it was a different story.

I also hope UFC does this for all future releases.

On an unrelated note, Ultimate Fighter Seasons 5 & 6 are both being released in the next few months...
Old 01-23-08, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was at Best Buy yesterday looking for Pride Total Elimination 2005. They didn't have it in stock so I asked the kid when they would have more. He told me that they aren't making the Pride DVD's anymore and are unable to order anything that's not in there warehouses anymore. Don't know if it's true but alarming none-the-less.
Old 01-23-08, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I was at Best Buy yesterday looking for Pride Total Elimination 2005. They didn't have it in stock so I asked the kid when they would have more. He told me that they aren't making the Pride DVD's anymore and are unable to order anything that's not in there warehouses anymore. Don't know if it's true but alarming none-the-less.
The Best Buy near me usually has it, so maybe it's been a slow mover in my store. I'd suggest Amazon, as they probably have it at a better price anyhow.
Old 02-02-08, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
got a question. What is consitered the best all around ufc dvd from 06 and forward. I own 74, and have heard alot of good things about 76. (watched the liddell vs jardine fight on ufc unleashed).

Also what pride dvd has the Rampage Jackson vs Silva rematch on it?
Old 02-02-08, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
got a question. What is consitered the best all around ufc dvd from 06 and forward. I own 74, and have heard alot of good things about 76. (watched the liddell vs jardine fight on ufc unleashed).

Also what pride dvd has the Rampage Jackson vs Silva rematch on it?

I think the pride 28 high octane dvd
Old 02-02-08, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would go buying the High Octane DVD. It is part of the Pride Legacy #5 dvd. So basically for the same price you are getting 5 events instead of one.

That match is also incredible btw. Especially the opening bell of the 2nd round to the finish. WAR SILVA!
Old 02-09-08, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got my hands on UFC:78 Validation. For some odd reason they decide to do away w/ the "yellow" and use "red" lettering for the event title on the spine. Maybe they want this title to stick out since it was probably the weakest event in years.

Also, Starting with the UFC 79 dvd titles. Most of the dvd's with have "ultimate dvd edition" on the top. like so.....

Well, If that's the case. I hope they start including the walk in's and post match interview's w/rogan. And most importantly the fighter recap/pre match video's.
Old 02-09-08, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 190 Likes on 134 Posts
Just got my Ultimate Fighter 5 and the spine on it is Red also, so maybe they are just changing it up. So that series has gone from Yellow, Silver, and now to Red. Same DVD case and slip cover though.
Old 02-09-08, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Picked up two new ones tonight to bring my total collection to 4

Pride 2000 GP ($15 at Best Buy, best price anywhere by far)
Pride Fighting Legacy Volume 3 ($15 at Best Buy, same)
Old 02-09-08, 08:54 PM

When does ufc 78 even come out?
Old 02-09-08, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dan31655
When does ufc 78 even come out?
It officially has a street date of 2/26/08, but the store I get my dvd's from obviously breaks the official street dates. Most smaller mom & pop type stores tend to do that so they can compete w/ the bigger stores. They can't discount their new releases like best buy on a weekly basis, so they break street date in hopes they can make a sale.
Old 02-10-08, 02:24 PM

gotcha. Amazon was being lame, the date for it wasn't coming up like it usually does.
Old 02-10-08, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pride 2000 GP
Yea, That's a great price.
Old 03-06-08, 09:48 PM

Hi all! It's great to have a place like this... I've been looking for a good site discussing new MMA DVDs for a while now. Anyway, new stuff coming, and it looks damn good:

Rumble on the Rock: The Superstar Collection
Release date: March 18, 2008

This is a five DVD set of "Rumble on the Rock" events; included are events 4-8. Including fights between BJ Penn and Takanori Gomi (holy crap, might I add) and the famous Anderson Silva and Yushin Okami bout (it's got a funny ending if you've never seen it). Other fighters include Kendell Grove, Joe Riggs, Ricco Rodriguez, Gilbert Melendez, Jake Shields, Paul Buentello, etc. Looks amazing!

Pride - Shockwave 2006
Release date: May 6, 2008

Finally more Pride DVDs, what we've been waiting for! This one includes:
1.1 Kiyoshi Tamura vs. Ikuhisa Minowa
1.2 Shinya Aoki vs. Joachim Hansen
1.3 Akihiro Gono vs. Yuki Kondo
1.4 Mauricio Rua vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura
1.5 Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Gilbert Melendez
1.6 Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Eldar Kurtanidze
1.7 Takanori Gomi (Champion) vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida
1.8 Hidehiko Yoshida vs. James Thompson
1.9 Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Josh Barnett
1.10 Fedor Emelianenko (Champion) vs. Mark Hunt

And to boot, there's word from BCI that twelve (!) Pride DVDs are on the way, which would suggest the rest of the Pride events are coming! I'm friggin' pumped!
Old 03-06-08, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by adamj
Hi all! It's great to have a place like this... I've been looking for a good site discussing new MMA DVDs for a while now. Anyway, new stuff coming, and it looks damn good:

Rumble on the Rock: The Superstar Collection
Release date: March 18, 2008

This is a five DVD set of "Rumble on the Rock" events; included are events 4-8. Including fights between BJ Penn and Takanori Gomi (holy crap, might I add) and the famous Anderson Silva and Yushin Okami bout (it's got a funny ending if you've never seen it). Other fighters include Kendell Grove, Joe Riggs, Ricco Rodriguez, Gilbert Melendez, Jake Shields, Paul Buentello, etc. Looks amazing!

Pride - Shockwave 2006
Release date: May 6, 2008

Finally more Pride DVDs, what we've been waiting for! This one includes:
1.1 Kiyoshi Tamura vs. Ikuhisa Minowa
1.2 Shinya Aoki vs. Joachim Hansen
1.3 Akihiro Gono vs. Yuki Kondo
1.4 Mauricio Rua vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura
1.5 Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Gilbert Melendez
1.6 Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Eldar Kurtanidze
1.7 Takanori Gomi (Champion) vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida
1.8 Hidehiko Yoshida vs. James Thompson
1.9 Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Josh Barnett
1.10 Fedor Emelianenko (Champion) vs. Mark Hunt

And to boot, there's word from BCI that twelve (!) Pride DVDs are on the way, which would suggest the rest of the Pride events are coming! I'm friggin' pumped!
Welcome, Adamj. The more the merrier.

Awesome News. Finally they got there shit together as far as the unreleased pride dvds go. As for The Rumble on the Rock dvd release, So many top notch bouts in that set...Can't wait for it.

I just placed an order from Amazon.com for the following....

Cage Rage 18 - Battleground
Bodog Fight: St. Petersburg ( Fedor v. Matt Lindland)
King of the Cage - Underground Enforcers (10 shows from the summer of '07)

On top of that. I got my hands on the two newest UFC releases, Scheduled for a march 25th release date (officially), Too bad I couldn't get my hands on the rumble on the rock set, Oh well. I think I have enough material to hold me over as far as MMA dvd's and on TV. Showtime is showing the Elite XC: Cage Rage event, Headlined by Ken Shamrock v. Buzz Berry.

Ok, Here's some pics of the new UFC dvd's.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.