Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End --> December 4th!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End --> December 4th!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-07, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by chris_sc77
^Return of the King standard defintiion DVD looked great. (200 min. vs. 168 minutes.) also the special features were better and we didn't have to pay the extra 5 bucks for extras on the 2nd disk. I was gonna get this just to complete the trilogy but screw it. i am not even going to ask for this as a gift because i dont want anyone to spend money on this.
That's pretty rough considering the other reviews haven't nearly been as negative.
Old 11-26-07, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thursdaynighter
Well, that's strange...DVD Beaver says it's a very poor video quality and DVD Talk and DVD Verdict says it is quite good...okay, I'm back in...not so much that I loved the movie but that it completes the trilogy.
For what it's worth, I remember parts of the film looking relatively soft in the theater, and this was a digital projection on opening night. It may be partly the transfer being crammed onto one disc and partly the softness of the source.
Old 11-26-07, 03:14 PM

Is the Bestbuy set the only store exclusive? I was hoping someone would have a bonus disc. I don't really want/need a Captain Teague figure...they should have done a Jack Sparrow figure instead.
Old 11-29-07, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by undrwrldangel24
Is the Bestbuy set the only store exclusive? I was hoping someone would have a bonus disc. I don't really want/need a Captain Teague figure...they should have done a Jack Sparrow figure instead.
Wal-Mart is having some kind of DVD-Rom attached to the single-disc version (a game I assume, it has a video game rating symbol on the front), nothing too exciting.
Old 12-02-07, 10:57 AM

Pirates Exclusives

Best Buy has a bonus disc featuring 43 minutes of bonus content. They are also offering a 18" talking Captain Teague figure with purchase of any format of "Pirates: At World's End" and the 2 disc gift set with 7" figure.

WalMart has a PC game bundled with the single disc set

Target has an exclusive 2 disc set with with bonus features, bloopers, deleted scenes and an exclusive movie ticket to see "National Treasure 2". The Target add says "Exclusive Deluxe Edition" so I'm figuring it has more than the regular 2 disc set.

Circuit City has a visual guide with purchase.

K-Mart/Sears is offering a 3'X2' banner.

Toys 'R Us is offering a free wall clock.

FYE I'm sure with have something but have not heard.

Futureshop in Canda is offering a Steelbook. Does not mention if it's a 1 or 2 disc set though.
Old 12-02-07, 11:41 AM

Thanks for the run-down So the bonus features, bloopers, deleted scenes etc. that are on the Target set are not included on the regular 2-disc edition?
Old 12-02-07, 11:53 AM

Thanks for the run-down So the bonus features, bloopers, deleted scenes etc. that are on the Target set are not included on the regular 2-disc edition?
I'm pretty sure it's the same exact set as everywhere else. Target always advertises these sets as if the have exclusive material but they rarely do. They normally are just pointing out the special features.
Old 12-02-07, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chris_sc77
Um....DOes this movie have an audio Commentary on it. The reviews Ive read mention no audio commentary and i definitely wont buy this if it has no commentary.
Oh, there's a commentary all right...but you have to buy the BluRay version to get it. Disney can lick my balls when they pull these kinds of stunts.
Old 12-02-07, 03:02 PM

Well, didn't someone also claim that they make the SD versions deliberately worse in visual department to make the HD versions look even better?
Old 12-02-07, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by mdnitoil
Oh, there's a commentary all right...but you have to buy the BluRay version to get it. Disney can lick my balls when they pull these kinds of stunts.
Um... There is no commentary on any of the releases.
Old 12-02-07, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would have preferred if they drop the spanish track, bloopers and trailers for a commentary track. Surely that would have fit if they drop those other features. Still gonna get the 2 disc + bonus dvd at BB regardless.
Old 12-02-07, 04:30 PM
Banned

So the bonus features, bloopers, deleted scenes etc. that are on the Target set are not included on the regular 2-disc edition?
Actually, the only thing that makes this set exclusive to Target is the NATIONAL TREASURE 2 movie cash; otherwise, it's got the identical features of the 2-disc everywhere else. Best Buys wins this one.
Old 12-02-07, 05:10 PM
Banned

But WHAT is on the 43-minute BB exclusive DVD? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? ANYONE?
Old 12-02-07, 05:12 PM

Thanks for your help everyone. I'm gonna go with the BB bonus disc on Tuesday.
Old 12-02-07, 05:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zombiezilla
But WHAT is on the 43-minute BB exclusive DVD? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? ANYONE?
I dont know whats on it but i can sure as shit bet those bonus features could fit on that 2nd disk...

(Sorry, I'll stop bitching about this release now. I just hate to see fans of these films get treated so badly when it comes to these DVD releases or huge films like this.)
Old 12-02-07, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Frozenhamster
Um... There is no commentary on any of the releases.
Sheesh, sometimes I need to pay more attention. I was thinking of Ratatouille. Just ignore me.
Old 12-03-07, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by zombiezilla
But WHAT is on the 43-minute BB exclusive DVD
"... behind-the-scenes material and movie premiere footage."
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at137400050025
Old 12-03-07, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Blu-ray exclusive

Inside the Maelstrom (HD) - At first, this appears to be just a short 8-minute featurette with time-lapse footage of the the film's gigantic "maelstrom" set being constructed. However, as narrator Jerry Bruckheimer soon explains, this is actually an interactive "set tour" allow you to branch off to various related vignettes that further dissects the sequence. As the featurette plays, small icons appear with various labels ("Visual Effects," "Compositing," "Audio Tour," etc). Click on any icon, and it will branch off to related content. Most of these are short sequences (usually 1- to 2-minutes), though some are more substantial, with submenus of additional content options. The cool thing is that this entire feature uses the Blu-ray spec's accessible memory to "remember" what you've watched. So, as you click through the options, the icons will be checked off as you go, preventing you from mistakenly watching the same stuff over and over. All told, there's about 40 minutes of material here, which adds up to a pretty robust exclusive for Blu-ray.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1018...worldsend.html
Old 12-03-07, 11:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
w0ot, my Futureshop Steelbook was shipped today! I hope this one will be at least half as rare as Dead Man's chest!

At least the U.S won't be getting a steelbook so that always makes things a little more rare!
Old 12-03-07, 06:43 PM

Is the Pirates gift set (at Best Buy) with the 7" Captain Teague the 2 disc edition of the film or is it the one disc with the bonus disc inside? The web site isn't clear on this.
Old 12-03-07, 06:59 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonno2006
w0ot, my Futureshop Steelbook was shipped today! I hope this one will be at least half as rare as Dead Man's chest!

At least the U.S won't be getting a steelbook so that always makes things a little more rare!
just curious, but why does any of that make a difference?
Old 12-03-07, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
Some people like having rare things.

Im not like that about DVDs but I am about records, I collect hardcore 7"s and I love test presses, limited pressings and color vinyl.
Old 12-03-07, 09:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scott1598
Yeah like haleyxvader said it's always nice to have things some people don't. Like when i found out that my X-3 steelbook was really rare it was a nice feeling hehe. :P
Old 12-03-07, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What does Walmart have for exclusives?
Old 12-03-07, 11:02 PM
TRC

Originally Posted by Jedi Master 33
What does Walmart have for exclusives?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.