Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End --> December 4th!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End --> December 4th!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-07, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the layer change a few seconds into the Empress sunset shot (73 odd minutes in)?

It seems a bit early
Old 12-05-07, 11:26 AM

The FYE exclusive is a strip of 3 film frames in a cardboard frame.

I didn't check to see if it was different frames on each package, or if they were all the same.

The cardboard frame is about the same size as a DVD case, about 1/8 inch thick.
Old 12-05-07, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 71Makaveli96
this is the coupon inside the SD Version
Thanks. I printed 2 of these because I was planning on getting myself and my father each a copy with BB's "buy 2, save $10" offer. I figured that since they were manufacturer coupons, I'd super-score.

Got 2 copies of AWE, 2 copies of the bonus disc for $40 + tax on $50. The computer honored BB's own deal automagically, but the cashier checked with her manager and she'd only honor one coupon, even though there's no such restriction on the printout. I didn't fight it as it was still a great deal and there was 3 or 4 people in line behind me at that point.
Old 12-05-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
This movie seriously needs an extended edition for extra scenes such as the whole storyline involving:

Spoiler:
Calypso and Davy Jones which was never explained fully in the movie. But apparently the reason why Davy Jones was so pissed because the way the curse worked was that if your true love was faithful to you after 10 years, you would be free from the captaining the Flying Dutchman, Calypso wasn't, and thus Davy Jones was doomed forever. Which means that the scene after the credits has a totally different meaning. As it would mean that Will Turner would be free from the Flying Dutchman and live happily ever after with Elizabeth.

No extended edition = no sale.
I think that's an artistic decision to cut that out of the story. Anyway, that sounds like a total cop out. I like it better the way it ended up in the film.
Old 12-05-07, 03:32 PM

Watched the SD last night (not quite finished...whew); beautiful video quality!
Old 12-05-07, 05:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Aw man! My steelbook is slightly dented in the front. When i press on the Pirates logo it pops in. A little hard to explain...
Old 12-05-07, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
I haven't seen it in person yet, so uh, what's so cool about it?
It looks and feels like money.
Old 12-05-07, 09:06 PM

This may have already been posted. In the new issue of Rolling Stone, the one with the aging Led Zeppelin on the cover, there is a coupon for $10 off when you buy the At World's End Blu-ray plus one of the previous Pirates on Blu-ray or the video game.
Old 12-06-07, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by pinata242
Thanks. I printed 2 of these because I was planning on getting myself and my father each a copy with BB's "buy 2, save $10" offer. I figured that since they were manufacturer coupons, I'd super-score.

Got 2 copies of AWE, 2 copies of the bonus disc for $40 + tax on $50. The computer honored BB's own deal automagically, but the cashier checked with her manager and she'd only honor one coupon, even though there's no such restriction on the printout. I didn't fight it as it was still a great deal and there was 3 or 4 people in line behind me at that point.
what's the deal with this coupon? I just print it out and take it to target or walmart and they'll honor it no questions asked?
Old 12-06-07, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's what I did, though at BB. They didn't even scan the UPC, just manually entered a $10 credit. Someone else said they got it to work at Wal-Mart, but YMMV.
Old 12-06-07, 08:08 AM

Well I guess I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I don't have any color ink so hopefully it will be good.
Old 12-06-07, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Finally picked up my copy of the Futureshop exclusive steelbook last night. It was the regular 2-disc with slipcover shrinkwrapped side-by-side with the free steelbook case (much like Wal*Mart does with their exclusives). I would have liked to been able to see the spine of the steelbook in the shrinkwrap though, because from past experience often the sticker on the spine is applied crooked, but oh well.

Yeah, the steelbook does not look very impressive. The cover art is bland and the whole bottom half of the "steelbook sandwich" is just plain tin with no art. I'm also getting sick of Futureshop's embossed steelbooks, because the embossed border on the front is not necessary and adds nothing to the case. I miss the plain old "flat" steelbooks.

But anyway, I'm glad that it comes with the regular 2-disc case and slipcover. That's what I kept my POTC: DMC release in, and I just have the steelbook for that one stored separate because I hate the tight hubs and the overlapping disc tray. Now that I have the steelbook for the third (for completeness), I'll just do the same.
Old 12-06-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I like the little FAQ sheet that they had inside. Pretty much explains the whole Will/Dutchman/10 years thing.
Old 12-06-07, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jonno2006
Aw man! My steelbook is slightly dented in the front. When i press on the Pirates logo it pops in. A little hard to explain...
Yeah, I noticed this steelbooks front are extremely weak and prone to be pushed in/dented..
Later
Old 12-06-07, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
I was at Best Buy this evening and Picked up the 2-disc edition plus the bonus disc. Lots of people were ignoring the bonus disc because there wasn't a sign that said it was free with purchase of POTC3 and also there was a little sign next to it that said it was $4.99.
I bought the single-disc last night at Best Buy and got the bonus disc free. I had thought it was only for the two-disc, but the salesperson said it was for either of them.
It does ring up for $4.99 at checkout, but the cashier changed it to $0.00.
Old 12-06-07, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScandalUMD
I think that's an artistic decision to cut that out of the story. Anyway, that sounds like a total cop out. I like it better the way it ended up in the film.
Let's be honest. Anything that doesn't involve Jack Sparrow is really just filler anyway.
Old 12-06-07, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Yavin
I would have liked to been able to see the spine of the steelbook in the shrinkwrap though, because from past experience often the sticker on the spine is applied crooked, but oh well.
So yours has the title on the spine? My doesn't have anything on the spine or the back, just bare metal.
Old 12-06-07, 05:05 PM

Just thought i'd update everyone. Walmart accepted my printed coupon. She rang it up and it read -10$. Nothing better than getting pirates on bluray for $20. I'd recommend everyone to take advantage of this. Well who has a bluray player that is.
Old 12-06-07, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdpatri
Let's be honest. Anything that doesn't involve Jack Sparrow is really just filler anyway.
I'd call it pacing, though. As much as I love Captain Jack, I don't want a whole film strictly about him, too much of a good thing. I was so happy they spaced out the stories in the sequels, because when Jack is on screen it's great and so is the anticipation of him. I happen to like the rest of the cast as well, so I never minded it much.
Old 12-06-07, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I like the little FAQ sheet that they had inside. Pretty much explains the whole Will/Dutchman/10 years thing.
Maybe, but the insert also contradicts Will telling his father he was free of the Dutchman.

I'll go with the movie over something a marketing guy wrote to use up space on an insert.
Old 12-12-07, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Just watched the bonus disc and I have to second the fact that the disc is pretty lousy, cannot believe they called it a "limited edition." Even with the 45 minutes of Best Buy content there is hardly anything here, much less than the prior two movies. I can hardly believe that Disney didn't have more footage, I guess we'll get a double-dip later, but shame on you Disney.
Old 12-12-07, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Typorir
Maybe, but the insert also contradicts Will telling his father he was free of the Dutchman.

I'll go with the movie over something a marketing guy wrote to use up space on an insert.
The sheet just says Bootstrap is in a state between living/dead. That doesn't really contradict what was said in the movie. Maybe Bill could be free from the Dutchman and find his way to a real death rather then stay onboard
Old 12-30-07, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by 71Makaveli96
this is the coupon inside the SD Version
What are the dimensions of the original coupon?
Old 12-30-07, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've seen this movie twice now and I still don't quite get who's double-crossing and triple-crossing each other. Can a kind soul explain? Sorry, I'm slow.
Old 12-30-07, 07:08 PM

lol I concur. All I know if they kept jumping back on sides.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.