Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by baracine
Really helpful. Thanks.
Old 12-09-07, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Originally Posted by jjcool
Really helpful. Thanks.
It was his way of saying "just read the thread". There's lots of opinions and pics amongst the previous 13 pages. It should be fairly obvious that there's no real "one size fits all" answer. It's a square peg in a round hole.
Old 12-09-07, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenVulture
Not that it explains the shittiness of Jack, but I believe Coppola said the main reason he made that film was because he could relate to Williams' character, a boy who has an incurable disease, since as a kid he had polio, which confined him to his bed for a good chunk of his childhood.

And for the record, the original Godfather was also a "pay-off-your-debt" movie.

Interesting!

Anyway no one can deny that Coppola has such "colorful" career, all the ups and downs... I guess, sometimes in the future, there will be a movie about the Man (similar to The Aviator.) NOw that is the movie I want to see...
Maybe his grandkid (if also become film-makers) can make it...anyone from American Zoetrope reading this?

Sorry for off-topic...
Old 12-09-07, 01:44 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jjcool
Really helpful. Thanks.
OK, since you need your "i"'s dotted...

It is advisable when joining a thread on page 13 to read the preceding 12 pages. Anyone who did this would find out that most of those who have bought the new transfer (and watched it) are sorry they did and trying to get their money back, for a variety of reasons: some people, like myself, dislike it for aesthetic reasons but most people have a problem with the pixilation issue.

It is also advisable when expressing an opinion about the quality of a transfer and making recommendations about it to see the transfer in question and compare it to a transfer one has actually seen before with one's own eyes.

It is also advisable to have seen the film itself at least once when discussing it.

Last edited by baracine; 12-10-07 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-09-07, 09:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Benoit's got balls

LOL
Old 12-09-07, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by baracine
Some people, like myself, dislike [the SE DVD] for aesthetic reasons but most people have a problem with the pixilation issue.
Just a note that the BD release does not contain the pixilation issue.
Old 12-24-07, 11:45 PM

So has anyone heard anything from Sony? If they do not address the pixelation problem, we're stuck with a defective disc. And frankly, that sucks!
Old 12-26-07, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by RD1973
So has anyone heard anything from Sony? If they do not address the pixelation problem, we're stuck with a defective disc. And frankly, that sucks!
In case you didn't see my post:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=320

I will email again after New Year's for an update...
Old 12-26-07, 08:38 PM

So the BD is intact...Who has the Blu-Ray and how is the picture on it? I'm expecting it in the mail any day now.
Old 01-04-08, 12:37 PM

I am victorious! Dracula disc to be replaced!

Sure, it's been three months since I first posted about the pixilation issue that plagues the first disc of the Dracula CE at the start of every chapter, and got most of you to check your discs, but I have finally got results from Sony!

I emailed them again yesterday to ask for an update (as they had told me they were working on the problem), and I got this response:

Dear Valued Consumer,

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest in Sony Pictures Home Entertainment products.

To receive an exchange for the remastered Bram Stoker's Dracula CE disc, please return your copy to the following address:

SPHE Consumer Support
PO Box 157
Neenah, WI 54957
Attn: xxxxxxx

(I'm not sure if this # is for my particular case or not, but the best thing to do is contact them at [email protected] and get them to reply back to you can include a copy of your email when you send your disc back.)

Please be sure to include your return address (no PO Boxes) and a copy of this email. Your replacement will be shipped to you via Fed Ex, and please allow 3-5 weeks for delivery.

Regards,

Adam Williams
SPHE Consumer Affairs Team
I have emailed back to verify that the issue has been fixed at the start of each chapter, but it looks like we're finally good to go! I'm sending mine off this weekend. Hope you'll all (well, except those who claimed they didn't care ) will do the same!

Glad I could help! And thanks to everyone who checked their discs and emailed Sony (and to dvd_freak for posting Sony's email address).

Last edited by bloomcounty; 01-04-08 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-05-08, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by bloomcounty
Sure, it's been three months since I first posted about the pixilation issue that plagues the first disc of the Dracula CE at the start of every chapter, and got most of you to check your discs, but I have finally got results from Sony!

I emailed them again yesterday to ask for an update (as they had told me they were working on the problem), and I got this response:

I have emailed back to verify that the issue has been fixed at the start of each chapter, but it looks like we're finally good to go! I'm sending mine off this weekend. Hope you'll all (well, except those who claimed they didn't care ) will do the same!

Glad I could help! And thanks to everyone who checked their discs and emailed Sony (and to dvd_freak for posting Sony's email address).
Could you let us know when you receive it if they actually sent you a corrected disc or if they just sent you another defective copy?
Old 01-06-08, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by RD1973
Could you let us know when you receive it if they actually sent you a corrected disc or if they just sent you another defective copy?
Sure thing. But obviously it'll be quite a few weeks...
Old 01-06-08, 06:43 PM

Great going bloomcounty! Lets hope they start an official disc replacement program.
Old 01-09-08, 11:18 AM

Update

Thanks!

Well, I think this might be the "official" replacement program. I emailed back asking to verify if the pixelation issue was fixed, and here is the response:

Dear Valued Consumer,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The new version has been remastered and the pixelation removed. Please follow instructions from previous email to send your copy in for replacement.

Regards,

Adam Williams
SPHE Consumer Affairs

Remember that they mentioned before to me that this wasn't the only movie with this issue, so I'm guessing they're not calling a lot of attention to it -- only if you actually contact them.

If you send yours in, make sure to email them first and get a reply with your specific "Attention #" assigned to you, as I have discovered that is a unique number assigned to each person who writes in.

I'm sending mine off today!
Old 01-10-08, 02:00 AM

are they remastering the BR version as well?
Old 01-10-08, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by OutRun2
are they remastering the BR version as well?
The BR version didn't have any pixelation issues, so it's unlikely.
Old 01-10-08, 03:28 PM
Cool New Member

When he says return your copy, does he mean the whole package with both discs, or just the Disc 1 in an envelope? Thanks for running down this info.!
Old 01-11-08, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Peter Canavese
When he says return your copy, does he mean the whole package with both discs, or just the Disc 1 in an envelope?
I'm pretty sure it's just the first disc, as it's worded:

To receive an exchange for the remastered Bram Stoker's Dracula CE disc
...singular.

However, be sure to first email them and get a reply with your specific ID# before sending back your disc. (You can also ask them your question when emailing them, if you want to verify.)

Any other questions about it should probably be directed towards them at the email address listed earlier in the thread.

Of course, it would be better if they were paying for the shipping to send it to them (it's still a few bucks at first class with delivery confirmation), but it's better than nothing...
Old 01-15-08, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by bloomcounty
I'm pretty sure it's just the first disc, as it's worded:

...singular.

However, be sure to first email them and get a reply with your specific ID# before sending back your disc. (You can also ask them your question when emailing them, if you want to verify.)

Any other questions about it should probably be directed towards them at the email address listed earlier in the thread.

Of course, it would be better if they were paying for the shipping to send it to them (it's still a few bucks at first class with delivery confirmation), but it's better than nothing...

Thanks Bloomcounty. It looks like we officially have a replacement program. I just got my e-mail today with the instructions and my ID #.
Old 01-15-08, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Ok I held off buying this due to the potential issue....and I have read through a good chuck of these 13 pages and two questions came up:

1. Did this affect all the SD releases?
2. Is it just a disc replacement program or is Sony going to recall it?
Old 01-15-08, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by macnorton
Ok I held off buying this due to the potential issue....and I have read through a good chuck of these 13 pages and two questions came up:

1. Did this affect all the SD releases?
The pixelation problem affects disc 1 of the recent 2-disc CE. All previous releases a unaffected.

2. Is it just a disc replacement program or is Sony going to recall it?
It's unlikely Sony will recall the disc. It's more likely they'll just replace the discs for the people that request in, and any new pressings of the disc will be based on the new master.
Old 01-16-08, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jay G.
The pixelation problem affects disc 1 of the recent 2-disc CE. All previous releases a unaffected.

It's unlikely Sony will recall the disc. It's more likely they'll just replace the discs for the people that request in, and any new pressings of the disc will be based on the new master.

According to the email I recieved today from Sony, your best bet is to send your disc in for a remastered one (I'm sending mine tomorrow). There will eventually be corrected sets in stores, but there will be no way to distinguish them.
Old 01-16-08, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Thanks, that's all I needed to know
Old 01-16-08, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay G.
Yea, I agree they won't recall this. I'm not realy sure how well it even sold. Does anyone have any figures?
Old 01-16-08, 05:34 PM

Victory!

I received my replacement copy today. And they sent an entire sealed 2-disc set, not just the first disc. Tested the disc and the pixilation issue gone!

Therefore, after x-number of months, I officially claim:

VICTORY!!!

Take care, everyone...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.