DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

All SAW editions

Old 05-12-07, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

If you really wanted to go nuts you could also pick up the Hollywood Video/Blockbuster versions of the three movies as they ditch the clear plastic packaging for standard paper packaging.
Old 05-13-07, 03:41 AM

I really want to and I will, believe me Thanks for the tip about Blockbuster versions.
Old 05-13-07, 02:28 PM

All of us complain about double dipping, while you guys buy 20 versions of the same movie. I think it's nuts, but whatever makes you happy. MY 2c
Old 05-13-07, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Giggles
I really want to and I will, believe me Thanks for the tip about Blockbuster versions.
Note: Obviously this only applies to previously viewed product/rental product. Their sale copies of the movies are the same.
Old 05-13-07, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Note: Obviously this only applies to previously viewed product/rental product. Their sale copies of the movies are the same.
At this point, as a person who lives outside of US, I think I need a little insight into what Blockbuster is.
Old 05-13-07, 06:35 PM

At this point, as a person who lives outside of US, I think I need a little insight into what Blockbuster is.
Blockbuster is a video rental store, most likely the largest chain in the US.
Old 05-14-07, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by benh911
Blockbuster is a video rental store, most likely the largest chain in the US.
Thanks Now I get it.
So do they also sell their rental copies?
Old 05-14-07, 05:06 AM

I know this thread is intended for other purposes, but should we expect a "director's cut" re-release of Saw III? It seems most times the DVD gets re-released right before the sequel, I've yet to buy Saw III.
Old 05-14-07, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by MetalGator311
I know this thread is intended for other purposes, but should we expect a "director's cut" re-release of Saw III? It seems most times the DVD gets re-released right before the sequel, I've yet to buy Saw III.

There is a high probability that Lionsgate will do some sort of a special edition release (despite the release of the "unrated" SAW3)
Old 05-14-07, 08:03 AM

Thanks Now I get it.
So do they also sell their rental copies?
Yes, they ten to sell overstock rental copies
Old 05-15-07, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
If you really wanted to go nuts you could also pick up the Hollywood Video/Blockbuster versions of the three movies as they ditch the clear plastic packaging for standard paper packaging.
Actually its being sold too with retail stores now-a-days

Its called SAW V2.0 , SAW2 V2.0, SAW3 V2.0
Old 05-15-07, 03:34 AM

Guess I'll have some work till the end of my days
Old 05-15-07, 06:14 AM
Banned

I contacted the Amazon seller who is offering the Saw Trilogy Region 6 disk box set. Here is the response I got from him:

Item: Saw Trilogy 6 Disc Collection Limited Edition (Unrated Widescreen Edition) [DVD] [ASIN: B000GA5NYW ]

This collection comes in a 6 disc case, it's not in shrinkwrap, but the dvds are in excellent condition, it's one of a kind, and will never sold like this again(not by me anyway). There's already some uk dealers selling a trilogy collection, but it's only 3 discs, and your dvd would have to have a region free dvd player, because they're region 2 pal format. My collection has 6 discs (5 DVDS, 1CD) and the dvds are ntsc format and inserts are included. I don't have an exact scanned picture, because this item is shipped by a dvd source that ships my items directly to customers. But this is what the front cover looks like.(see attatchment)

Not sure what to make of this, the set not being sealed is not a good sign. Does Amazon allow seller to offer questionable items?
Old 05-15-07, 07:17 AM

Thanks a lot, Wildo!
Maybe a well-made bootleg sometimes looks not like a bootleg at all... But it's still a bad sign this edition is not available anywhere else. My guess it may be some compilation of, for instance, the above mentioned Blockbuster rental copies with different covers (as seen on amazon picture) or something of this kind.
Old 05-15-07, 08:40 AM
Banned

He also sent a scan of the box cover, a basic saw picture with the words Saw Trilogy on it. He could not provide any other scans as he states someone else ships them to the buyer. What is really interesting is that the set is 5 dvds and one cd.....What could the cd be and what movie only has one dvd (probably Saw III) I am tempted to contact Amazon to see if this seller is legit. His feedback looks ok....This one has me very curoius!
Old 05-15-07, 09:32 AM
Cool New Member

Hey ... Do u want Singapore R3 version ?? I am not sure if the covers are different from what you already got but if u want to complete your Saw collection, I don't mind helping you
Old 05-15-07, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by overider
Hey ... Do u want Singapore R3 version ?? I am not sure if the covers are different from what you already got but if u want to complete your Saw collection, I don't mind helping you
YGM
Old 05-16-07, 07:59 AM
Banned

Another update from the Amazon seller with the Saw Trilogy box set...

Item: Saw Trilogy 6 Disc Collection Limited Edition (Unrated Widescreen Edition) [DVD] [ASIN: B000GA5NYW ]

It is a region 1 release, it comes from a u.s. distributor, and the cd is the soundtrack from the first movie. This is the first one and only one of its kind.

I am very tempted to buy this to see what the heck this set really is..I wonder if Amazon protects their customers if what they receive is junk/fake?
Old 05-16-07, 08:41 AM
Banned

Well people I took the plunge...I bought the Saw Trilogy Box Set just now from the seller...After much communication with the seller and also Amazon.com I feel I am protected if this set is not legit...I used my Amazon cc account for this purchase so if the set turns out to be not legit I will do a charge back. Amazon assured me I will be happy one way or the other...
I will be sure to let all of you know what I receive and I will show pictures...IMO this set sounds like some kind of salesman sample of a future release, at least that is the impression I am getting right now....
Old 05-16-07, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My guess is, those are the legit copies for the three movies put in a custom case with the soundtrack CD and charging over 100 for it.
Old 05-16-07, 09:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cerial442
My guess is, those are the legit copies for the three movies put in a custom case with the soundtrack CD and charging over 100 for it.
That is definitely possible and if that is the case Amazon will be giving me a refund. I spent a good 2 hours this morning making sure I was covered in case this set is not legit in any way. The seller is legit, Amazon confirmed he has been a seller with them for quite some time and he has no complaints against him for selling illegal items. Like I said I used my Amazon credit card, if I don't like the set I can call them right away and get a refund....
Old 05-16-07, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Wildo1966
That is definitely possible and if that is the case Amazon will be giving me a refund. I spent a good 2 hours this morning making sure I was covered in case this set is not legit in any way. The seller is legit, Amazon confirmed he has been a seller with them for quite some time and he has no complaints against him for selling illegal items. Like I said I used my Amazon credit card, if I don't like the set I can call them right away and get a refund....
I admire you, Wildo You are a pathfinder! Please keep us posted about what's going on with this box. Hope you get it within a couple of days unlike me usually - it takes two weeks minimum for amazon DVDs to get to Russia
Old 05-16-07, 01:59 PM
Banned

I admire you, Wildo You are a pathfinder! Please keep us posted about what's going on with this box. Hope you get it within a couple of days unlike me usually - it takes two weeks minimum for amazon DVDs to get to Russia
I make quite a few purchases on Amazon and I always have good luck with them..However this is the first time I am using a 3rd party seller with Amazon, not sure what to expect but damn this set has me curious! I will give full details soon!
Old 05-16-07, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by cerial442

Looks like that...
Old 05-16-07, 11:05 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Forgive me if this was mentioned already OP, but don't forget that there was a Best Buy exclusive Saw preview disc inside of The Punisher.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.