The Simpsons Season 10 - August 7

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Simpsons Season 10 - August 7

Old 08-10-07, 11:52 AM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grim_tales
I really don't like the Marge Be Not Proud episode much. The store clerk at the Try n Save is a bastard. What Bart did was wrong, but he feels remorse and offers to pay for the game, and when he DOES, why on earth doesnt he get to keep it?
Bart never paid for the game. The "Paid in Full" receipt at the end is for the photo.
Old 08-10-07, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh! I mustve missed that I thought it was a real receipt that had been stuck there.

Millhouse is mean though, not letting Bart play Bonestorm with him

Last edited by grim_tales; 08-10-07 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-10-07, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Milhouse was more of a cup and ball hog!
Old 08-10-07, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L
As long as you trust it, here's what it says on Wikipedia:
Not to discredit Wikipedia, but... well actually, yes, to discredit Wikipedia: It wasn't the season premiere and was never billed as such by Fox, it was a special "New" episode for the summer that was advertised as that.
Old 08-12-07, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Figured this would be the best place to ask...

Which episode featured an overhead shot of Mr. Burns office, with the Star Wars Imperial March theme music slowly playing in the background?
Old 08-12-07, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
Figured this would be the best place to ask...

Which episode featured an overhead shot of Mr. Burns office, with the Star Wars Imperial March theme music slowly playing in the background?
You lose at thee internets! Googling "Imperial March Mr. Burns" brought me to this page:

http://www.snpp.com/guides/starwars.html

and then to this page:

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/2F31.html
Old 08-12-07, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow. I am just stunned as to how little Matt Groening has to say on the few commentary tracks on which he appears. He says "hi" at the beginning, laughs a couple of times, and that's just about it.

This is the first season set where I actually started to feel that I was wasting time listening to the commentaries. At this point, I REALLY think that someone should have said that the novelty of having a track on EVERY episode has run its course.
Old 08-12-07, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

What's harder than coming up with numerous ideas over 17 seasons? Oh yeah, probably talking about it and keeping the chatter fresh throughout all of the episode commentaries.
Old 08-12-07, 10:52 PM
Cool New Member

They were probley busy with the movie when they recorded the tracks
Old 08-13-07, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by alongoria
So it probably got uncomfortable everytime Bart would appear on-screen.
Old 08-13-07, 01:20 AM
Cool New Member

I have a buddy who told me the commentary tracks lacked.

So we figured it was because of the movie
Old 08-13-07, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by darqleo
You lose at thee internets! Googling "Imperial March Mr. Burns" brought me to this page:

http://www.snpp.com/guides/starwars.html

and then to this page:

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/2F31.html
Thanks!
Old 08-13-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 312 Likes on 220 Posts
I have a buddy who told me the commentary tracks lacked.

So we figured it was because of the movie
Yeah, in one of the commentaries they even mentioned how the tracks are being recorded while they're making the movie, so there's no preparation for them and they're just sorta getting commentators together haphazardly to get them done ASAP.
Old 08-13-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's pretty sad how often they start with "----- wrote the episode and ------ directed it, but they can't be here today because they're busy working on 'Family Guy.'
Old 08-16-07, 09:31 AM

Lisa on Ice

Originally Posted by grim_tales
I've found sometimes the writers laughter makes a poor episode funnier (if you see what I mean) - eg "Lisa on Ice".
How is "Lisa on Ice" a poor episode? It's worth watching just for Homer's line about women's sports: "Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else -- and it hasn't -- it's that girls should stick to girls' sports, such as hot-oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such-and-such." That cracks me up every time (especially the Bible comment).

Sure, it's a sappy episode when all is said and done, but it has quite a few funny moments in between (like Homer "accidentally" eating the cake). Of course, I also don't hate "The Principal and the Pauper", so I guess I'm too easy to please.

Originally Posted by wergo
It's pretty sad how often they start with "----- wrote the episode and ------ directed it, but they can't be here today because they're busy working on 'Family Guy.'
Could it be we've finally found the source of the extremely scarce moments of humor on Family Guy? :P

Last edited by Captain Creech; 08-16-07 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-16-07, 09:56 AM

Yeah...the commentaries are really boring. Not even Mark Hamill or Dan Castellaneta helped to save it...
Old 08-16-07, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I disagree. I've enjoyed every commentary on this season so far (watched through disc three), and while this season is, in my opinion, the absolute point when the series started going downhill, the commentaries have often been enlightening and entertaining. True, they do laugh at things that make me cringe (as a fan of Seasons 1-9), but overall, they're still funny and enjoyable (in my opinion).
Old 08-16-07, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Never watched this first-run, but thought it was as good as the preceding seasons. I dunno...
Old 08-16-07, 11:58 AM

I thought the commentaries were getting better in the new set once you got past the first two episodes, and then everything screeched to a halt when Mark Hamill decided he was going to try and be "funny" and tell "jokes" the whole time... Mayored to the Mob became only the second Simpsons commentary track ever that I couldn't finish.
Old 08-17-07, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just finished watching the whole set & I still consider most of these episodes “Classic Simpsons”, although I did not enjoy this season as much as the previous nine. I thought I stop watching The Simpsons around the Tenth season when it originally broadcasted but I remember every single episode. It must have been the Eleventh or Twelfth season where I stopped watching The Simpsons first-run. The only episode that I really just plain out didn’t like was “Simpsons Bible Stories”, it was just boring.

This DVD release is starting to lower the amount of bonus features but I do like that they include those commercials as a special feature. The “Prank Call” bonus feature was a throwaway feature & I was a little surprised that The Simpsons sets included it. The Easter Eggs in four of the episodes (“Wild Bart’s can’t be Broken”, “Make room for Lisa”, “Maximum Homerdrive” & “Thirty minutes over Tokyo”) that were deleted scenes were pretty good though.

The commentary tracks on the other hand were a big disappointment. I know we should be grateful that all 23 episodes have a commentary but indeed the Mark H. commentary was underwhelming to say the least.

All in all a good season, but not as good as the previous nine. I’ll continue with collecting DVD sets of The Simpsons because I’m a completest & I haven’t seen many episodes beyond season 10.
Old 08-17-07, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wonder if the Burger King ads will be on the future sets. I thought those were funny.
Old 08-17-07, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hope they are........they have always included the butterfinger ones on the older sets. it also could be on the movie.
Old 08-17-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 312 Likes on 220 Posts
Originally Posted by jmj713
I wonder if the Burger King ads will be on the future sets. I thought those were funny.
Since those were tied in with the Simpsons movie, I'm guessing they'll be on the movie's dvd, which should be out before season 11's dvds.
Old 08-17-07, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

also the visa commercial should show on the movie set
Old 08-17-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 289 Likes on 206 Posts
I'm still hoping one of the sets will include when the Simpsons were on Oprah. I can't even find it on youtube

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.