Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Simpsons Season 10 - August 7

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-07, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would if I sold my old set to a friend.
Old 05-25-07, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

TV Shows on DVD has the regular box art up.

Looks like the theme for this season is going to be behind-the-scenes at a tv/movie studio.
Old 07-23-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
tvshowsondvd.com has posted the press release for Season 10 and as always there's commentaries for every single episode.

I can't wait to listen to the Mayored to the Mob episode with Mark Hamill.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7707
Old 07-23-07, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
tvshowsondvd.com has posted the press release for Season 10 and as always there's commentaries for every single episode.

I can't wait to listen to the Mayored to the Mob episode with Mark Hamill.
Ooo, maybe this will be my last season.
Old 07-24-07, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me too.
The Mayored To The Mob episode is great
I dont know about Bart To The Future being the worst episode but I have to say I don't like those episodes where a character "sees the future" in general - I hated "Lisa's Wedding" (and I don't like Lisa episodes very much).

Last edited by grim_tales; 07-24-07 at 07:23 AM.
Old 07-24-07, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good to read that there's commentaries on every episode, I thought with the movie and other stuff that they would slack off for this season. Thankfully that is not the case. That just might be the incentive for me to buy it ASAP, especially if the movie is good.
Old 07-24-07, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sure Mark Hamill will do a commentary for The Simpsons but not any of the DC Animated Universe cartoons? I am happy to see him do a commentary for the Simpsons but still :-/

I still need to get Simpsons Seasons 7 & 9 before I get 10(I only have 8 because it was mispriced at Wal-Mart for $9.96!!!)
Old 08-03-07, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Okay, going through the episode capsules, season 10 is actually pretty great - consistent too.

Season 11 is a lot more hit-and-miss, with about half the episodes being good to great with the rest being okay to meh.

Season 12, however, is a lot more consistent. Unfortunately, it's a consistent piece of shit - and I think that trend continues for a while.
Old 08-03-07, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
Season 12, however, is a lot more consistent. Unfortunately, it's a consistent piece of shit - and I think that trend continues for a while.
Oh, c'mon - 'Lisa The Tree-Hugger' had a great ending! 'Computer Wore Menace Shoes' was good. So was 'Skinner's Sense Of Snow', 'Pokey Mom', 'Hungry Hungry Homer', 'Children Of A Lesser Clod' and 'Simpson Tall Tales.'

And 'Trilogy Of Error' is downright season 6 quality!

7 good episodes and 1 great one. Not a spectacular season, but non-shitty enough for me to buy the box set.
Old 08-03-07, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Regarding the "head" packaging: What is the general feeling about it? I read somewhere that the plastic feels cheap, and would likely be a problem with extended use. Anyone have such an experience?

--THX
Old 08-03-07, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
I will still be buying all the seasons ahead, there are a lot episodes I have missed even though the laughs can be hit and miss.
Old 08-04-07, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I will definitely buy this early, just to make sure I get a "head"version to complete the set. After that I will go back to waiting for the eventual price reduction. I also don't care what all the "Comic Book Guys" say in their professional analysis on why and when the Simpsons became the "Worst. Season. Ever." I still watch every episode and will continue to grab every season they come out with. YOINK!
Old 08-05-07, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lecithin
I will definitely buy this early, just to make sure I get a "head"version to complete the set. After that I will go back to waiting for the eventual price reduction. I also don't care what all the "Comic Book Guys" say in their professional analysis on why and when the Simpsons became the "Worst. Season. Ever." I still watch every episode and will continue to grab every season they come out with. YOINK!
I find the show has good episodes along the way in any given season...though I did bail after season 11 or so. In fact, I remember the last episode I watched before I picked up on the show again two or three seasons back...my last episode before the hiatus had a bad joke in it about somebody saying to Homer, "Liar liar pants on fire" then they show a clip of Homer running around in a circle on the ground with his pants...on fire. Such a horrible gag....

I am hoping I was just suffering from Simpsons fatigue at that point and that there are episodes that are better than I remember them. But in any event, I am waiting for them to go $25.00 or cheaper before I pick up season 10 and beyond...
Old 08-05-07, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Just a heads up: You can probably get this for $19.99 at Best Buy this week because of their $10 off Fox Shows coupon.
Old 08-07-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey, thanks for mentioning that, I had forgotten about those Fox $10 off coupon images I had printed out. I took one to the store today and they rang it up for $10 off the $29.99 price of the Bart Head season 10 set (then I got another $5 off with the gift card I got last month for some other DVD promotion they had) and was able to use this purchase toward another $10 "summer entertainment" gift certificate and RZ points. Plus now my Simpson head collection is complete, cool!
Old 08-07-07, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I gotta disagree. Skinner's Sense of Snow is one of the five funniest episodes ever.
Old 08-07-07, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by ReduxGuy
Skinner's Sense of Snow is one of the five funniest episodes ever.
Yeah, that's one of my favs.
Old 08-07-07, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just realized that this season contains one of my favorite moments ever!

Spoiler:
Homer blasts Marge in the face with his makeup shotgun "Homer...it's set on whore..."
Old 08-07-07, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I dont know about Bart To The Future being the worst episode but I have to say I don't like those episodes where a character "sees the future" in general - I hated "Lisa's Wedding" (and I don't like Lisa episodes very much).
I personally have to disagree! I honestly believe that "Lisa's Wedding" is the best episode in the series, and "Bart to the Future" is definately in the top 10. I love when they go to the future/past

Regarding the "head" packaging: What is the general feeling about it? I read somewhere that the plastic feels cheap, and would likely be a problem with extended use. Anyone have such an experience?
My biggest problem is I don't like how they look on the shleves, and plus I think the boxes are prettier... which is why I only have one head season (season 7, and I want to replace it)... plus it seems to be easy to break...

I will still be buying all the seasons ahead, there are a lot episodes I have missed even though the laughs can be hit and miss.
Same here. I Watched the show religiously from around season 4-10, and have seen all the previous episodes many times via reruns (before anyone even thought of putting tv-on-dvd)... but starting with season 11, and especialy into 13+, I have seen very little (maybe 3-4 episodes a season) and I'm actually looking more forward to these boxes (with the quality decrease) than the boxes from the "golden years"

Has anyone heard anything about a DVD date for the movie?
Old 08-07-07, 07:27 PM

I also disagree, Season 12 contains my all-time favorite Simpsons joke when Brockman says "Thanks to Mayor Simpson, now we’re ALL taking golden showers! (A Tale of Two Springfields)." I do agree that after season 12 the show's quality descends sharply...

Last edited by Copper Blue; 08-07-07 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-07-07, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by critterdvd
My biggest problem is I don't like how they look on the shleves, and plus I think the boxes are prettier... which is why I only have one head season (season 7, and I want to replace it)... plus it seems to be easy to break...
Anyone seen this on store shelves? According to Amazon, the sixth season was re-released on June 26, 2007, in a standard digipak case. Not just a box to house the Homer head, but actual packaging like the alternate design for seasons 7 through 10.

--THX
Old 08-07-07, 09:07 PM

If I could do it all over again, I would have stuck with the boxes.

I wish they let you order the actual cardboard boxes (without the dvds) online for a couple of bucks each. I'd definitely go for that.
Old 08-07-07, 09:59 PM
Banned

i bought it this morning at best buy.
however, i just noticed the fox 10 dollars off coupon.

what do i have to do to get 10 dollars off from there?
Old 08-07-07, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by im_ryandick
i bought it this morning at best buy.
however, i just noticed the fox 10 dollars off coupon.

what do i have to do to get 10 dollars off from there?
Best bet is to rebuy with the coupon and return the original; probably less hassle that way.
Old 08-07-07, 11:14 PM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Make sure you take a good hard look at the packaging before you buy. Two box-style sets were side-by-side in Target and I noticed one had much brighter, crisper colors than the other. The other seemed washed out, and the yellows were almost a smoky green - not green-green, but noticeably non-vibrant.

I went through ten sets at Target to pick the best-looking box, counting the color printing, the die-cut around Homer (some packages have some of his shoulder's outline cut off), and without any little flecks of black spots on Bart (this was on at least two).

I wonder if they rushed these to print to get them out for the movie and ended up with some not-so-nice packaging.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.