Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Roots 30th Anniversary Edition 5/22

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-07, 08:04 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Has anyone opened either the Target or Best Buy versions yet? Are they actual bonus discs, or is the content on the regular discs?
Old 05-22-07, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor
Has anyone opened either the Target or Best Buy versions yet? Are they actual bonus discs, or is the content on the regular discs?

Best Buy is definately an extra disc.
Old 05-22-07, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the dvd set from Target and it didn't have the disk included. I'm going to take it back and find out why. It's supposed to be a separate disk, the Target exclusives weren't on any of the four disks that came with the set.
Old 05-22-07, 08:39 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by rycki1138
I got the dvd set from Target and it didn't have the disk included. I'm going to take it back and find out why. It's supposed to be a separate disk, the Target exclusives weren't on any of the four disks that came with the set.
It was one of the sets that had the exclusive content sticker on it, right? Sorry, had to ask to be sure.

Thanks, to both of you.
Old 05-22-07, 09:03 PM

It was one of the sets that had the exclusive content sticker on it, right? Sorry, had to ask to be sure.
Yes. It had the exclusive content sticker on the box.
Old 05-22-07, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bboisvert
And that would be... ???
According to the sticker on the outside of the Target set the bonus is the 1st 90 minutes of the next mini-series.
Old 05-22-07, 11:05 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bboisvert
And that would be... ???
Rachel Ray cooking with brown sugar.
Old 05-23-07, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by User Name
Trevor

Like I said in my other post. I bought the Target Exclusive set and it didn't come with the bonus disk. The 1st 90 minutes of "Roots:The Next Generation" weren't on any of the 4 other disk either. I took it back and exchanged it for another set and that one didn't have the exclusive disk either.

I called Target and asked them about it and they are supposed to be finding out about it and calling me back.
Old 05-23-07, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor

Like I said in my other post. I bought the Target Exclusive set and it didn't come with the bonus disk. The 1st 90 minutes of "Roots:The Next Generation" weren't on any of the 4 other disk either. I took it back and exchanged it for another set and that one didn't have the exclusive disk either.

I called Target and asked them about it and they are supposed to be finding out about it and calling me back.
Old 05-23-07, 10:23 PM

I got the target bonus disc. It is packaged in a seperate cardboard sleeve tucked in the slip case along with the dvd slim cases.
Old 05-23-07, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by randyba
I got the target bonus disc. It is packaged in a seperate cardboard sleeve tucked in the slip case along with the dvd slim cases.
They must have sent the wrong sets to the Target's in my city (even though they were marked with the exclusive to Target sticker), because I went to two different stores and still didn't get the bonus disk. When I went back to the store I bought the first set from, they had sold out, so I went to the other Target and exchanged it. The disk wasn't in that set either.
Old 05-23-07, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

you can kind of tell if the set has it without opening it. the bonus disc is packed to the left of the thinpacks (at least mine was), and since the slipcase is made of thinner stock, you can actually see/feel a bulge the bonus disc makes underneath the slipcase, since the cardboard sleeve the bonus disc comes in is shorter than the dvd cases. good luck!
Old 05-24-07, 12:42 PM

I'm watching ROOTS now. Anyone else having a problem with these little...skips? Kinda? It's hard to describe, but throughout the show, the video and audio hit these little speedbumps where the audio drops out for a fraction of a second, and the video flickers. It only happens maybe twice per disc, but it's really noticeable.
Old 06-04-07, 12:35 AM

i really can't decide if it is worth it to wait for one of those ultimate gift set with both roots and the next generation and more extras probably. this sux. wish they would release everything at once. maybe ill wait...or not...or maybe...crap!