Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Brady Bunch Complete Series 3/27/07

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-07, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWho
Worst house design ever for an architect.

The living room and dining room obviously had no 2nd floor above them, so 3 bedrooms and their bathrooms were all squeezed above the kitchen, family room, Alice's room and the den.

All that... and the house was really a 1-floor ranch with a fake window on the fornt for TV purposes.

But that STAIRCASE! Where else could the Bradys pose for their annual Christmas card?
Old 01-11-07, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Updates...from TVShowsondvd.com

21 disc box set with the following

-A Very Brady Christmas (TV Movie)
-The Brady 500 (pilot from 1990 series)
-Episodes from "The Brady Kids" animated series

And they've been told the stuff on the box is "shag carpet".

Still looks like a nice pick up.
Old 01-11-07, 12:47 PM
Banned

Man, this sucks, I want the Brady Bunch Christmas! I already have all the season sets...what to do, what to do?
Old 01-11-07, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It looks as if the studios have successfully found a way to get people to actually double-dip on TV season sets.

I'll pass.
Old 01-11-07, 05:52 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
This is a must buy for me, as The Brady Bunch was a huge part of my formative youth. It was a weekly must see when it aired originally, and then in re-runs also. I usually buy seasons as they come, but for once, I waited.
Old 01-11-07, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
I'm all over this release!
Old 01-11-07, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
This is a must buy for me, as The Brady Bunch was a huge part of my formative youth. It was a weekly must see when it aired originally, and then in re-runs also. I usually buy seasons as they come, but for once, I waited.
Same here. And I am very glad I waited, too. Come to think of it, this will be the third time I've managed to hold out on a buying the individual seasons of a series, and in recent months been able to get a really nice full series set (the first was Alias, then M*A*S*H, and now the Brady's).
Old 01-11-07, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
Sure paid off waiting for this. Of course along with dusting off my DVDs, I'll have to start vacuuming 'em.
Old 01-11-07, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm too impatient, so I could never wait . I'm actually in the midst of S3 right now. I can't believe I don't remember how lame the Grand Canyon opener was. Thankfully it gets better after that.
Old 01-12-07, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The box looks like the Six Feet Under Box Set.
They should have had an "oh my nose" addition
Old 01-12-07, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
They should have had an "oh my nose" addition

While it's kind of cool they are including 'The Brady 500' - it also doesn't make much sense seeing as that is 1/3 of the entire series.

Might as well just release the whole thing.
Old 01-12-07, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
Way to reward those of us who bought them as they came out! Guess I'll have to acquire the material on that bonus disc through illegal means if they won't sell it separately....
Old 01-13-07, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SI78

While it's kind of cool they are including 'The Brady 500' - it also doesn't make much sense seeing as that is 1/3 of the entire series.

Might as well just release the whole thing.
glad you said that, as i thought i remembered watching a few episodes on television. mabe someone will get a bonus disc...

they could have also given the movie parody/remakes just to have the who shebang in one box

reminds me of the ed wood vhs box set

that thing got nasty on video store shelves after a while

edit to add from IMDB

The Brady Brides
The Brady Girls Get Married (1981) ? has anyone ever seen this?

"The Bradys" (1990) List episode 1,2,3,5,6 - I thought this was the brady 500 first episode

Last edited by Cameron; 01-13-07 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-13-07, 01:01 AM

"The Brady Girls Get Married" is just the first 3 episodes of the Brady Brides packaged as a TV movie. I don't know if it was individual episodes first or a movie first, I've seen it shown both ways. I finally tracked down a DVD of the complete series on ebay. Naturally, it is not an official release.

'The Brady 500' is the first 2 (1hr) episodes of 'The Bradys' put together as a TV movie.
Old 01-13-07, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't bought any of the sets because I've seen every episode approximately 2,345,452,894 times.

I've seen the Brady Brides show once. I was only four when it came out, so I saw it a few years ago, I think it was Fox/ABC Family...

I was looking all over the place for my tape of the Christmas movie so I could watch it before Christmas, I just found it on Monday and even though the holidays are over, I watched it anyways.

Now, if I could just find my tapes of The Bradys.
Old 01-13-07, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by critterdvd
If I can grab this for less than $100, it might be worth picking up...

$92.99 shipped is not bad at all!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Brady-Bunch-Co...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
Old 01-13-07, 03:59 PM

And here I went and bought all the seasons individually...

Oh, well. This might make for a good birthday present for my daughter at least. She loves the Bradys and I'm sure she'd let me borrow the extra discs.
Old 01-13-07, 08:20 PM

$96.79 from DDD and if you can hold off until the spring 20% sale (assuming they have one) then that's around $77.43 shipped.
Old 01-16-07, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If they release what's on the bonus disc ...
-A Very Brady Christmas (TV Movie)
-The Brady 500 (pilot from 1990 series)
-Episodes from "The Brady Kids" animated series
...as a single seperate disc for sale, then I'll just pick up that and it'll be good enough. I could care less about the "Shag carpet" packaging, and I've already got all the other sets, anyway. At least I got them all on sale or via BOGO sales - so I only paid about half the retail this one's going for.

I will admit that it does piss me off when the studio's double dip this way - by NOT rewarding the fans who actually cared enough to buy the sets the first go round, and without the edded extra's.
Old 01-16-07, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scottp120
$96.79 from DDD and if you can hold off until the spring 20% sale (assuming they have one) then that's around $77.43 shipped.
I'm pretty sure there are only two 20% DDD sales. One in June and the other in November
Old 01-16-07, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Interesting. I bought seasons 1-4 for a little under $14 each at Costco long ago. I only opened the first season. I'm wondering if I can trade these in or sell them new somewhere for at least as much as I paid ($56 + tax) and then get the box set for $92.99 or less. I never got season 5 because my price point for any TV season is $20 max.
Old 01-16-07, 10:03 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by Manzana
Interesting. I bought seasons 1-4 for a little under $14 each at Costco long ago. I only opened the first season. I'm wondering if I can trade these in or sell them new somewhere for at least as much as I paid ($56 + tax) and then get the box set for $92.99 or less. I never got season 5 because my price point for any TV season is $20 max.
At a minimum, you can return them to Costco for your $ back.
Old 01-19-07, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Amazon has already raised their price from $92.99 to $99.69.

I assume there are no changes in the contents of the 20 DVDs from the prior season releases? It's just new box cover/packaging + 1 DVD.

Last edited by Manzana; 03-27-07 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-19-07, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Actually, the Brady house probably has at least 3 bathrooms. 2 comfirmed. One between the kids rooms and one off Mike/Carol's bedroom. One episode showed them in the bathroom brushing their teeth and you could see their bedroom through the open door. Like some houses, there might have been another door into the hallway that we never saw. There must have been one downstairs that we never saw. Maybe the oposite side of the den or through the kitchen back where Alice lived.

As for the size compared to the family, Mike owned the house before he married Carol so it wasn't too small for him & the boys. They just never bothered to move once the family got bigger.
Old 01-19-07, 11:56 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by resinrats
Actually, the Brady house probably has at least 3 bathrooms. 2 comfirmed. One between the kids rooms and one off Mike/Carol's bedroom. One episode showed them in the bathroom brushing their teeth and you could see their bedroom through the open door. Like some houses, there might have been another door into the hallway that we never saw. There must have been one downstairs that we never saw. Maybe the oposite side of the den or through the kitchen back where Alice lived.

As for the size compared to the family, Mike owned the house before he married Carol so it wasn't too small for him & the boys. They just never bothered to move once the family got bigger.
According to the "blueprint" in the book entitled "TV Sets" by Mark Bennett, there were indeed 3 bathrooms (the third being outside of Alice's room; just off the laundry area). Of course, the area of the house behind the kitchen was rarely seen, but there is a good glimpse of the area in the episode where Bobby fills the room with soap suds while trying to wash his own clothes.

But, the notion that the men lived in the house (the one featured on the series) before the girls moved in is incorrect. The series premier has a storyline about Bobby being concerned that he won't be allowed to take the framed photo of his deceased mom to his new house. The interior of the boys' former bedroom is featured during the episode (and even then, all three boys slept in the same room). The actual purchase of the house (and move into it) is a subject never touched on by the series (although it would have made some great TV!).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.