DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Brady Bunch Complete Series 3/27/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/489056-brady-bunch-complete-series-3-27-07-a.html)

Quack 01-09-07 12:47 PM

Brady Bunch Complete Series 3/27/07

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6797

Looks like a great set...Nice packaging.

snorlaxnut 01-09-07 01:04 PM

What is the box made out of? Artificial grass, like in the backyard of the Brady's house?

TheStoicPaisano 01-09-07 01:15 PM

Is it a loofah?

GoldenJCJ 01-09-07 01:19 PM

I guess it'll have the destinction of being the first DVD to have a shag carpet cover...and matted shag at that!

Geofferson 01-09-07 02:00 PM

Cool...I may have to actually pick this one up. :)

jmj713 01-09-07 02:33 PM

Of course no way to get the box for those of us who picked the seasons up as they came out.

Quack 01-09-07 02:44 PM

Actually looks like shag carpet lol......very niiiice

Giles 01-09-07 02:53 PM

oh my eyes! wowzer!!!

EdTheRipper 01-09-07 02:54 PM

I've already got the season sets so I'll pass.

GoldenJCJ 01-09-07 03:18 PM

I wonder if it'll have the 'Book of the Dead' smell to it?

FILMCZY 01-09-07 03:48 PM

I noticed a spot where Tiger did his duty...love the authenticity Paramount!

critterdvd 01-09-07 07:25 PM

If I can grab this for less than $100, it might be worth picking up...

Sparrow 01-09-07 08:25 PM

Nice looking packaging, I picked up Season 1 during a sale at Costco (and it's unopened). I'll sell it in preparation for this complete series set. :D

matome 01-09-07 08:34 PM

Already got all the sets, so I guess I won't be getting this. That's why these damn studios should release all the sets at once, so we have the option to buy them like this, instead of having to wait years to conplete a series and then lose out on complete packaging in the end.

GuruTwo 01-09-07 08:38 PM

I noticed a spot where Tiger did his duty...love the authenticity Paramount!
Actually, the fact that there is no such spot visible on the package is more authentic.

Bodily functions don't exist within the world of "The Brady Bunch".

jmj713 01-09-07 08:43 PM

Yeah, really, matome. WHy couldn't the studios recerse their releasing strategy and come out first with a complete set and then (or at the same time) sell each season separately.

Lee Harvey Oswald 01-09-07 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by jmj713
Yeah, really, matome. WHy couldn't the studios recerse their releasing strategy and come out first with a complete set and then (or at the same time) sell each season separately.

I was going to say that. Does anyone know how many discs this might be?

TomOpus 01-09-07 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I wonder if it'll have the 'Book of the Dead' smell to it?

Only if the carpet is from Alice's room :whofart:

neuroticomic 01-09-07 09:55 PM

yea critter, under 100 is my price point.

matome 01-10-07 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lee Harvey Oswald
I was going to say that. Does anyone know how many discs this might be?

Well, the season sets have 4 discs each, so we're looking at 20 minimum. I have a feeling it's just gonna be the fancy box with the original discs in them and nothing new. I have to say I do like the holographic or lenticular or whatever they're called covers on the season sets that work out really well with the opening credit scheme.

FILMCZY 01-10-07 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by GuruTwo
Actually, the fact that there is no such spot visible on the package is more authentic.

Bodily functions don't exist within the world of "The Brady Bunch".

True. You never did see the toilet although six kids were "sharing" the same bathroom. What kind of architect was Mr Brady anyway to let such a thing happen?

FILMCZY 01-10-07 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Only if the carpet is from Alice's room :whofart:

What? Are you suggesting Alice and Sam the Butcher liked it rough on the floor?

Giles 01-10-07 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by FILMCZY
True. You never did see the toilet although six kids were "sharing" the same bathroom. What kind of architect was Mr Brady anyway to let such a thing happen?

he was also completely incompetant in finding a decent hair stylist, when he got that perm... ack!

rich-y 01-10-07 11:39 AM

I'm curious about the logos shown on the box set. Is it just me, or does it appear that they are simply glued to the carpet? If so, regular wear-and-tear (like sliding the case between other DVD cases) is really going to take a toll on this packaging!

Don't get me wrong, but some packaging is simply a pain in the ass (like the clear, paper-thin plastic cover for "Legend" -- I still have to be careful with that or risk creasing the cover permanently). Yeah, I like it, but give me something that will last!

GuessWho 01-10-07 11:41 AM

Worst house design ever for an architect.

The living room and dining room obviously had no 2nd floor above them, so 3 bedrooms and their bathrooms were all squeezed above the kitchen, family room, Alice's room and the den.

All that... and the house was really a 1-floor ranch with a fake window on the fornt for TV purposes.

http://www.cynical-c.com/archives/bl...cs/house95.jpg