Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Alias: complete series set coming in dec ??

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 05-01-06, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TVShowsondvd.com had some info from an alias fan site a few days back where they were reporting S5 of alias would hit dvd in nov. Then a special collectors set of all 5 seasons in December. I was wondering if anyone has heard anymore details on the complete series set ?

Because it might be a good idea to dump current sets now, if this complete set is going to be something special.
Old 05-01-06, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lame. It would be worth it to get the complete series if they managed to package all 5 seasons consistently instead of how they're packaged now.
Old 05-01-06, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,875 Posts
I've only seen the first season (bought for around $30 at Wal-Mart last December), and I'll probably pick up the second season.

Everyone seems to warn me away from going past the second season, so I'm not too concerned about a complete boxed set of all five seasons.
Old 05-01-06, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If it's a nice price like the Buffy set (mind you, this should be less as it's 5 seasons instead of 7) then I will probably bite.
Old 05-01-06, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What?! A re-packaging of an entire series of dvds once all individual compenents of said series have been released? I'm shocked! SHOCKED!
Old 05-01-06, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think I'll just pick up Season 5 and be done with it.

I never saw the reasoning behind selling all the seasons you already own just to pick up the same episodes in a larger set.
Old 05-01-06, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I think I'll just pick up Season 5 and be done with it.

I never saw the reasoning behind selling all the seasons you already own just to pick up the same episodes in a larger set.
Well I just sold all my old Buffy seasons and after all was said and done, I made $50 over the price of The Chosen Collection which takes up a HECK of a lot less space on my DVD shelves!
Old 05-01-06, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I only own the first three seasons. I would only be intresed in this if it has exclusive materials. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.
Old 05-01-06, 04:05 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I've only seen the first season (bought for around $30 at Wal-Mart last December), and I'll probably pick up the second season.

Everyone seems to warn me away from going past the second season, so I'm not too concerned about a complete boxed set of all five seasons.

Season 3 is indeed a huge drop in quality.

If you're ever curious and would like to read spoilers instead of watching, this is a good place to read:

http://www.alias-media.com/modules.php?name=Content
Old 05-01-06, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
I only own the first season so if this Complete Set doesn't take up a lot of space and is nicely priced, then I'll go for it.
Old 05-01-06, 11:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got the 1st 4 seasons-If there's any exclusive stuff to the new set I might have to dump S1-4, otherwise I'm fine with having all 5 individually.
Old 05-02-06, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If this is like a completely new set with extra's etc, I might consider picking it up if i can find it for $120 or less.

I am probably as big of a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer as you can find and the only reason that I bought the complete series was because I got it for about $100 with the DDD sale last winter, otherwise I probably never would have bought the set.
Old 07-24-06, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6117

http://video.movies.go.com/rambaldi/

Makes me glad I never bought the seasons yet.
Old 07-24-06, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I only have Season 1+2 and have limited interest in 3-5 (because of the aforementioned radical drop in quality). But, if the full set is packaged well (cool and not too bulky) and if the price is right... I'd consider it.
Old 07-24-06, 04:01 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
All 5 seasons were originally broadcast in high-def, correct? Perhaps there is a possibility of a Blu-Ray set?
Old 07-24-06, 04:10 PM

Makes me glad I never bought the seasons yet.
I've only picked up s#1 so far but if the complete series comes in some sort of theme box like that I'll gladly dump it to pick that up
Old 07-24-06, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
What?! A re-packaging of an entire series of dvds once all individual compenents of said series have been released? I'm shocked! SHOCKED!
sigh. I wholeheartedly agree. They really need to treat fans better...

Particularly since the fans that bought the individual sets when initially released, are the only ones that are really going to care. Don't they realize that this type of shit will cut down on the sales of the early sets since fans will be wary of the studios putting out a MEGA-set later down the line? Thereby creating low sales that will not justify the releasing of later seasons of the show?
Old 07-24-06, 05:35 PM

sigh. I wholeheartedly agree. They really need to treat fans better...

Particularly since the fans that bought the individual sets when initially released, are the only ones that are really going to care. Don't they realize that this type of shit will cut down on the sales of the early sets since fans will be wary of the studios putting out a MEGA-set later down the line? Thereby creating low sales that will not justify the releasing of later seasons of the show?
Personally I think it would be in studio's best interest that when they release a "complete series" collection to sell the box and the bonus DVDs seperately for like $20 or something with proof of purchase from the previous releases...
Old 07-24-06, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by PerryD
All 5 seasons were originally broadcast in high-def, correct?
Correct.

Perhaps there is a possibility of a Blu-Ray set?
Possibly, but I wouldn't expect to see complete-season TV box sets on either HD format for a long time.
Old 07-24-06, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
It's true that there's a significant drop-off in quality after S2. Unfortunately, Season 2 ends on a big cliffhanger so it's very unsatisfying to stop there. I stuck with the show to the bitter end and don't regret it at all, but the last three seasons will have very poor replay value. I stopped collecting the DVD sets after S3 and probably wouldn't even have that season if I hadn't gotten a free copy for review.
Old 07-29-06, 04:10 AM

Tvshowsondvd.com

Just posted a massive Alias update with packaging pictures of the 'final season' release as well as the 'complete series' and some specs

Final Season - 4 disc's and a surprisingly low MSRP of $39.99

Complete Series - 29 discs (1 new bonus disc) and an MSRP of $199.99

That box set really does look cool, but is it really work $135 to upgrade when one has seasons 1-4 already (seems to be the question going around)...
Old 07-29-06, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by critterdvd
Final Season - 4 disc's and a surprisingly low MSRP of $39.99
The show's final season was cut short by the network. It only ran 17 episodes instead of the usual 22.
Old 07-29-06, 02:12 PM

The show's final season was cut short by the network. It only ran 17 episodes instead of the usual 22.
Thats true but both fox and Warner Brother's are known for keeping the same MSRP throughout series constant despite the episode order...
Old 07-29-06, 02:54 PM

I already have the first 4 seasons... don't think I will upgrade to the complete series set... but will definitely buy Season 5... I only ever watched Alias on DVD... so don't know what happened after the season 4 cliffhanger.
Old 07-29-06, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I quit 1/4 into S5. I couldn't justify it any longer. Then, somehow, I heard the show started getting better. I'll probably netflix the end of the season to see how things wrap up. I unloaded S1-3 a few wks ago in anticipation of a set like this, but at this point I just don't care.

Thanks for the links, though. The set does look cool.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.