Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET: Infinifilm Edition -9/26/06

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-06, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if these "alternate/extended scenes" include everything from the Elite laserdisc/VHS releases? At least the three different endings are there. And looks like the DTS track made it back. I didn't even know it was gonna be a two-discer.
Old 09-22-06, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by dullboy
I wonder if these "alternate/extended scenes" include everything from the Elite laserdisc/VHS releases? At least the three different endings are there. And looks like the DTS track made it back. I didn't even know it was gonna be a two-discer.
There are 3 different endings? You gotta be kidding! Are the transfer and audio new on this version?

Mine is coming tonight along with TCM: UE and I can't wait!!!!
Old 09-22-06, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This set's gonna rock, I can't wait.

Did anyone else catch this movie on the big screen this week?
Old 09-22-06, 01:16 PM

So those alt. takes/extended scenes can be seen independently on disc 2 correct? I don't have to watch the "Infinfilm" feature to see them.
Old 09-22-06, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ShaunoftheDead, the three different endings are only slight variations of what you already see in the theatrical release, but essential on the disc, nonetheless. And the review seems rather confusing...it says that the extended/alternate scenes can be seen separately on the second disc, but it only lists the alternate endings.
Old 09-22-06, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by dullboy
ShaunoftheDead, the three different endings are only slight variations of what you already see in the theatrical release, but essential on the disc, nonetheless. And the review seems rather confusing...it says that the extended/alternate scenes can be seen separately on the second disc, but it only lists the alternate endings.
Well most (if not all) the deleted scenes on the VHS/Laserdisc are alternate/extended takes... I honestly can't think of one (although its been years since I've seen them) brand-spanking new scene in the bunch...
Old 09-22-06, 04:18 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by critterdvd
Well most (if not all) the deleted scenes on the VHS/Laserdisc are alternate/extended takes... I honestly can't think of one (although its been years since I've seen them) brand-spanking new scene in the bunch...
That depends on your point of view... they are merely extended takes in that they are continuations of existing scenes. But the content within the scenes contains an entirely fresh subplot so it feels a bit more "vital". Which is more than the average extended take that just has a few extra lines of extraneous dialogue.

It's disappointing if they're not there. The alternative endings were already in the first box set. But the absence of the deleted scenes takes this from "must-buy double dip" to "I'll pick it up if it gets cheap enough".
Old 09-22-06, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by DRG
But the absence of the deleted scenes takes this from "must-buy double dip" to "I'll pick it up if it gets cheap enough".
You sound like I used to be. All about the special features. Now, I could care less. I just want the movie to look good. Which this release looks like it will be.

After all, it should be all about the movie, not wither or not some deleted scenes are included.

I've found that I rarely ever watch any special features anymore. Most of them seem like the same old stuff for every movie anyways.

Saxon
Old 09-22-06, 04:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
You can also view all the deleted footage on YouTube, I saw them there last night, I don't have the URL though.
Old 09-22-06, 06:54 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by runnersdialzero
You sound like I used to be. All about the special features. Now, I could care less. I just want the movie to look good. Which this release looks like it will be.
I already have the old release so while an improved picture is a good thing, that alone is just not enough to warrant me dumping another $18 or so on for a double dip, especially when the previous release wasn't awful by any means. I guess I could justify it if this truly were the definitive, "ultimate" edition of the film. But excluding those scenes from the package hampers that a bit.

Mainly I'm just pissed I still have to hold on to my VHS copy to have those scenes, when there is no good reason they couldn't have included them here. I could excuse this if this were the first release, but being the second 'special edition' it is just laziness they are still absent.
Old 09-23-06, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by DRG
I already have the old release so while an improved picture is a good thing, that alone is just not enough to warrant me dumping another $18 or so on for a double dip, especially when the previous release wasn't awful by any means. I guess I could justify it if this truly were the definitive, "ultimate" edition of the film. But excluding those scenes from the package hampers that a bit.

Mainly I'm just pissed I still have to hold on to my VHS copy to have those scenes, when there is no good reason they couldn't have included them here. I could excuse this if this were the first release, but being the second 'special edition' it is just laziness they are still absent.
If I remember correctly, because I still have my old VHS as well, the only REAL deleted scenes were a short scene in the police station with Nancy and her father and an extended scene at the cemetery during Rod's funeral between Nancy's parents. The rest of the stuff is test footage, hardly anything to get upset about. I'm kind pissed too, but this special edition is much better than the first. I wouldn't even call the first release a special edition, all it had was a commentary. So I'd say this is a definite pick up if your a fan of the film.
Old 09-23-06, 02:26 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The extras are pretty extensive on this release. I should have my review done later today (I'm trying to find my original NOES disc so I can do some screen cap comparisons).
Old 09-23-06, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Good news, Ian. I love screen cap comparisons
Old 09-23-06, 04:43 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I just submitted my review for DVD Talk a minute ago. It'll be interesting to see how people react to things. The transfer is quite different, the colors are noticeably cooler looking here than on the last DVD. I personally really, really like the look of the new transfer compared to the older one and it looks fucking great projected on an 80 screen but the cooler colors might irk some who swear by the transfer on the first release. Here are some caps from each:

New Disc:

Old Disc:

Here's another one........

New Disc:

Old Disc:

It's really noticeable here....

New Disc:

Old Disc:

Again, I think it looks better. Others might not.
Old 09-23-06, 05:27 PM
Cool New Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ian Jane
Well I just submitted my review for DVD Talk a minute ago. It'll be interesting to see how people react to things. The transfer is quite different, the colors are noticeably cooler looking here than on the last DVD. I personally really, really like the look of the new transfer compared to the older one and it looks fucking great projected on an 80 screen but the cooler colors might irk some who swear by the transfer on the first release. Here are some caps from each:

New Disc:

Old Disc:

Here's another one........

New Disc:

Old Disc:

It's really noticeable here....

New Disc:

Old Disc:

Again, I think it looks better. Others might not.
It does look pretty good, has a blue look to it.
Old 09-23-06, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

That last comparison bothers me. Completely changes the look there in my opinion. This will be the 'color transfer comparison' argument that has been going on for Halloween for some time, all over again.
Old 09-23-06, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In the end, what were the sound options for this release and did anyone manage get the limited slipcase?
Old 09-23-06, 07:21 PM

I got the version with the Slipcase today. I'm barely gonna pop it into my dvd player to watch right now. I popped in the second disc and all it really has is a few beyond the movie features along with a trivia game and making of feature. It has 3 Alternate Endings, a Scary Ending, a Happy Ending, and a Freddy Ending. The endings are pretty much the same thing as the regular ending aside from slight differences.
Old 09-23-06, 09:43 PM
Cool New Member

I have two questions. Does it have spanish subtitles? and does it include the deleted scenes?

thanks.
Old 09-23-06, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Review by Ian Jane
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=24001
Old 09-23-06, 10:36 PM

When you play the movie with the Infinifilm option it'll prompt you throughout the movie for deleted and extended scenes. I went thru most of them, theres quite a few of them on there but theres also a few that are missing that were on the vhs 2 tape version. And unfortunately there is only english subtitles and no spanish subtitles.
Old 09-23-06, 11:15 PM
Cool New Member

Ok, thanks.
Old 09-23-06, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

After reading the review, this is a must own for me... I have the previous edition (autographed by Craven actually) but this one looks pretty damn sweet...

MATT
Old 09-23-06, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Now I'm not only sold, I am BEYOND SOLD AND THEN BEYOND SOME MORE.
Old 09-24-06, 01:24 AM

Where are people getting this?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.