A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET: Infinifilm Edition -9/26/06

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET: Infinifilm Edition -9/26/06

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-06, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warner does own New Line, but New Line can't release it themselves. Warner has to, and they could give a crap about it.
Old 10-13-06, 01:44 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm sure, if New Line wanted to do another SE box set for the whole series, they could convince Warner to let them put the show (or at least a few episodes) on there.
Old 10-13-06, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Technically Warner Bros and New Line are owned by Time Warner, but I don't see why these two couldn't come to agreements fairly easy regarding splitting up releases.

It certainly wouldn't be like the Friday the 13th situation between Paramount and New Line.
Old 10-13-06, 06:35 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
I've already bought my copy and opened it and threw away the receipt. Had I known about the missing audio effects, I would have passed. But the new features should help a little. I still have my boxset to fall back on. I'll watch it next month and hope I don't notice a big difference.
Y'know the real reason for the missing audio effects and the missing LD extras? So everyone will double dip once again when all is included on an upcoming BRD / HD-DVD release.
Old 10-13-06, 09:35 AM

I watched this last night & almost everything is overly blue... there's some nice extras, but I think I'll probably watch the box set dvd in the future.
Old 10-13-06, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kimiakane
Y'know the real reason for the missing audio effects and the missing LD extras? So everyone will double dip once again when all is included on an upcoming BRD / HD-DVD release.
Isn't there an R2 HD-DVD release of this shortly?
Old 10-13-06, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Technically Warner Bros and New Line are owned by Time Warner, but I don't see why these two couldn't come to agreements fairly easy regarding splitting up releases.

It certainly wouldn't be like the Friday the 13th situation between Paramount and New Line.
The VHS releases and the one PAL DVD sold extremely poorly, so that's one of the main reasons there hasn't been a DVD release in the states. The IN2TV episodes had alot of hits when the series was first put on there, but interest has dwindled considerably since.
Old 10-13-06, 07:29 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by BSTNFAN
Isn't there an R2 HD-DVD release of this shortly?
Is there really? New Line doesn't own this worldwide? That's a bit of a shock.
Old 10-13-06, 07:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Is there really? New Line doesn't own this worldwide? That's a bit of a shock.
It was/is? listed on the play.com website as an HD DVD release. We don't know what the deal is with those titles yet.
Old 10-13-06, 07:48 PM
Banned by request

Eh, retailers do some weird shit. I wouldn't trust it until I saw an actual press release from one of the European studios.
Old 10-14-06, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Kimiakane
I'm hoping it's one of NL's first HD releases. We'll see.
Old 10-14-06, 12:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Eh, retailers do some weird shit. I wouldn't trust it until I saw an actual press release from one of the European studios.
Personally I'm more interested in Donnie Brasco.
Old 10-17-06, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts
So i finally got around to watching the first flick, and I am wondering about either buying or renting the other Nightmare flicks. OR does anyone think there will be other releases on dvd of the sequels.
Old 10-17-06, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
So i finally got around to watching the first flick, and I am wondering about either buying or renting the other Nightmare flicks. OR does anyone think there will be other releases on dvd of the sequels.
I haven't heard anything about (or anticipate) a re-release of the sequels. Personally, I'd rent them -- to say they fail to live up to the first one is a pretty kind understatement.

I like the 3rd one -- it makes for a nice "true sequel" to the first. I think the involvement of Wes Craven and Frank Darabont helped keep this one interesting. But most of the sequels are pretty painful. I don't think you could pay me to sit through the 6th one again.
Old 10-17-06, 06:26 PM

I would just buy the big set. You can find it less than $40 in most places and you'll get a kick out of the rest of the sequals. 3 being the best out of the bunch but most of the other films have some sort of redeming quality to it.
Old 10-17-06, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts
So I checked Dvdempire and they have the big box set for around $44.00, I will look around see if I can rent the dvds anywhere or if I can buy them at my local Best Buy.
Old 10-18-06, 01:28 AM

So I checked Dvdempire and they have the big box set for around $44.00, I will look around see if I can rent the dvds anywhere or if I can buy them at my local Best Buy.
$36.21@DDD. You could wait until the 20% off sale in November and get it for $28.97.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=NLD004788
Old 05-11-07, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

So, exactly how many cues were missing, ultimately? Eight? Nine? Even more than that?

I'm gonna show someone this movie for the first time tomorrow and I am unsure of which copy to take as I have the new DVD and the box set, although I'm sure you guys will tell me to take the one from the box set. However, the picture quality thing is swaying me...

I watched the DVD when I bought it but that was months ago and I can't remember if I noticed any of the changes.
Old 05-12-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by droidguy1119
So, exactly how many cues were missing, ultimately? Eight? Nine? Even more than that?

I'm gonna show someone this movie for the first time tomorrow and I am unsure of which copy to take as I have the new DVD and the box set, although I'm sure you guys will tell me to take the one from the box set. However, the picture quality thing is swaying me...

I watched the DVD when I bought it but that was months ago and I can't remember if I noticed any of the changes.
I've seen that movie a million times, and don't remember anything whatsoever being different.
Old 05-12-07, 02:52 PM

I seem to recall talk from long ago about how the 'widescreen' version on the box is cropped, making the fullscreen option on the original single-disc the correct one. Is this in fact the case? And if so has the new edition corrected this?
Old 05-21-07, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
I don't recall this being mentioned (I could be wrong) but the music playing in Glen's headphones is also missing.
Old 05-21-07, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by stareilleyes
I seem to recall talk from long ago about how the 'widescreen' version on the box is cropped, making the fullscreen option on the original single-disc the correct one. Is this in fact the case? And if so has the new edition corrected this?
More misinformation by people that don't understand aspect ratios and all that stuff. The film was shot 'open matte', but was intended to be seen matted to 1.85:1 in theaters and framed for that ratio.

So the 'cropped' 'matted' widescreen version is the correct way to view the film.