Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Post pics of your DVD collection and HT, Part 8

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-06, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was about to post pictures of my collection...but there's no way I'm posting after those two...
Old 05-18-06, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fmian
Man, how tall are you DarthMarino?? I can't see a step ladder anywhere for you to use to grab those dvd's. Interesting setup though. Certainly saves some space.
I'm 6'0''. I can actually get all of my movies down without a step ladder. The only ones that I really have to stretch for are the ones right above my television but I can still get them with no problem. Even if I did have to use a step, it would be worth it for me just to save all the wall space. One of my friends suggested one of those sliding ladders like in older libraries.

Originally Posted by danicus007
Love those shelves DarthMarino. I think you and I would get along real well with all the Star Wars and Back to the Future love going on. You need some unleashed figures though!
I have some more figures across another wall (and a cardboard cut out of Vader, of course) but I never got any unleashed ones, as cool as they are. I just added another pic showing that section of the room.

Last edited by DarthMarino; 05-18-06 at 12:45 AM.
Old 05-18-06, 01:01 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by DarthMarino
I'm 6'0''. I can actually get all of my movies down without a step ladder. The only ones that I really have to stretch for are the ones right above my television but I can still get them with no problem. Even if I did have to use a step, it would be worth it for me just to save all the wall space. One of my friends suggested one of those sliding ladders like in older libraries.
I figured you'd just use the force to get them down.
Old 05-18-06, 12:23 PM
LiK

Originally Posted by TOLEN
Just updated some of my pics on my theater page...

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/gall...g2_itemId=1873
that is kickass! can i move in?
Old 05-18-06, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got the Ikea Billy shelves put in, and only the middle one has a glass door. I'll buy the other doors later. I wanted the silver doors to go with the birch shelves, but they are sold out of silver and they've been discontinued to boot.

Old 05-19-06, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

corn: I like how you organized your collection!
Old 05-19-06, 10:28 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by SINGLE104
Very nice Aldrinpsx, but your subwoofer is situated too close to your front right speaker. You'll will hear much better discrete LFE separation, if the subwoofer was further away in distance from your main speakers.... Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to complete your entire post?

Now in a diff position.

peace!!!
Old 05-19-06, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Love all these collections. I know this one isn't much compared to some of the others, but I'm a college student, still living at home, and have a small budget and room.

Boxed Sets (movies and TV shows) - overview

Boxed Sets - left side

Boxed Sets - top X-files shelf

Boxed Sets - right side

Single Movie Rack - Upper

Single Movie Rack - Lower

Old 05-19-06, 12:35 PM

Certainly nothing to be ashamed of there, Sabrett.

Props for the Mulder/Scully dolls- lol.
Old 05-19-06, 01:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Aldrinpsx

Now in a diff position.

peace!!!
Much better! Have you've noticed an audible improvement in digital sound overall (especially the LFE signal than before), since your subwoofer has been repositioned?
Old 05-19-06, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sabrett
Love all these collections. I know this one isn't much compared to some of the others, but I'm a college student, still living at home, and have a small budget and room.

Boxed Sets (movies and TV shows) - overview

I love your shelving. I've been considering wall-mounted shelving for a while, but wasn't sold on the traditional adjustable brackets that require the vertical mounting rods. Yours are nice and clean, and have the added bonus of keeping the DVDs from spilling off the sides without having to use bookends or some form of endcap. What would I call such a bracket if I was to look into purchasing some?
Old 05-19-06, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Some people here have some nice, quality busts: Like of Frankenstein, Alien, Predator, Jason, etc. Some are Star Wars...

Where are you all getting these? Do you just do searches on ebay or something, or is there a good website somewhere that sells just high quality busts of Superheroes or of characters from classic films?

Thanks.
Old 05-19-06, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Colleen
I love your shelving. I've been considering wall-mounted shelving for a while, but wasn't sold on the traditional adjustable brackets that require the vertical mounting rods. Yours are nice and clean, and have the added bonus of keeping the DVDs from spilling off the sides without having to use bookends or some form of endcap. What would I call such a bracket if I was to look into purchasing some?
I actually have no idea what the brackets would be called by themselves. I got the shelves from Ikea, and the brackets came with them. It was about $6.99 for the shelf and brackets, and they went up real easy. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who doesn't have floor space.

I'm trying to find them for you on their website, but it doesn't seem to be working right now.
Old 05-19-06, 04:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PacMan2006
Some people here have some nice, quality busts: Like of Frankenstein, Alien, Predator, Jason, etc. Some are Star Wars...

Where are you all getting these? Do you just do searches on ebay or something, or is there a good website somewhere that sells just high quality busts of Superheroes or of characters from classic films?

Thanks.
Probably from Sideshow. www.sideshowcollectibles.com
Old 05-19-06, 11:23 PM

This thread has literally caused me to become addicted to Sideshow. What an awesome site it is though, so I'm not complaining. In about two months, I've bought two Predator figures, Jaws marquette, Jigsaw puppet, and a 12 inch Scarface. I'll update my pics as soon as I get them all in.
Old 05-19-06, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm surprised that, as popular as Batman is, there isn't a high quality Batman bust (from the movies, not comics) available for purchase. Either that or I just haven't found one on the 'net.
Old 05-19-06, 11:52 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by SINGLE104
Much better! Have you've noticed an audible improvement in digital sound overall (especially the LFE signal than before), since your subwoofer has been repositioned?
Big difference mate..thanks for the advice...felt my drywall shaking..lol

peace!!!
Old 05-19-06, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by MrStayPuft
This thread has literally caused me to become addicted to Sideshow. What an awesome site it is though, so I'm not complaining.
It's not just cool stuff, they have some of the best customer service I've ever experienced, too. Luxury car dealerships could learn from them, every CSR I've spoken too @ Sideshow is great.
Old 05-30-06, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been meaning to do this for awhile, but I lost my camera. I've since had it recovered, so uh, here's my moderately-sized room and dvd collection:
TV is a 27" Sylvania and I have it connected to a SONY MHC-GX40 for DVD and game playback (the subwoofer is simply delicious).

Last edited by canaryfarmer; 05-31-06 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-30-06, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PacMan2006

Thanks.
I bought my Frankenstein and Phantom of the Opera busts from Spencer Gifts years ago. I guess someone on ebay probably has some to sell, but not sure. I love 'em though, very detailed.
Old 05-30-06, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I've been watching too much HGTV.

canaryfarmer I love your couch, but I think you need to get solid color pillows to match the colors in the pattern. The patterned pillows on top of a patterned couch are a little too much.
Old 05-30-06, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watch way too much HGTV as well One of the pillows is a solid green that matches a green in the pattern, and the other one, well, it's damn comfy.
Old 06-01-06, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Updated some stuff. Most of the DVDs are the same, but I picked up the Star Wars Unleashed Figures for an absolutely *amazing* price, added my autographed pictures, put up the flying torch (which you can see in the upper right hand corner of the first picture), and finally took all my X-Files figures out of the boxes...and I think that's it.

Old 06-02-06, 03:29 PM

Where you get those unleashed figures at?
Old 06-02-06, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dizzlle01
Where you get those unleashed figures at?
You'll probably only be able to get unleashed figures online now a days. eBay will have all of them and there are a few online stores where you can buy them. The older ones are pretty pricey...good luck.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.