Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

I'm tired of Dvd Aficionado. What else is there?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

I'm tired of Dvd Aficionado. What else is there?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-06, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went with Dvdspot and have been happy with it so far. Best look and feel I've found so far online.
Old 01-21-06, 03:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Collectorz.com looks good. Is it any different than DVD Profiler?
It looks like the same thing except collectorz also grabs info from stores and not just a user database.

I also like the guys that run it. I registered when I was stationed in japan and later on lost my registration key.

You can get it if you go to the site and give them your name and the email address you used to order it with. I ordered it with the email account that was hooked to the base and only used it a couple of times so I didn't really remember what it was exactly.

I told them this and gave some examples of what it might be and they sent a code anyway.

Last edited by chemosh6969; 01-21-06 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-21-06, 05:04 PM

I have my collection listed in DVDAF, which is pretty sweet, but also pretty basic, and also in Profiler. What I like about Profiler is all the stats you can easily pull with a click. However, what I really don't like about Profiler is the fact that it counts boxsets as "one" item.

For instance, if you were to input i.e. The Godfather Collection, it treats it as one DVD. Instead of listing it as "one item but three DVD's with separate production years, cast etc." as I would like it to, it lists it as "one item, one DVD, one production year". This seriously screws up the count and statistics.

If it weren't for that, it'd be totally great.
Old 01-21-06, 06:04 PM

dvd-profiler here....
Old 01-21-06, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
I just joined the DVD-Profiler club.
Old 01-23-06, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ThriceDamned
For instance, if you were to input i.e. The Godfather Collection, it treats it as one DVD. Instead of listing it as "one item but three DVD's with separate production years, cast etc." as I would like it to, it lists it as "one item, one DVD, one production year". This seriously screws up the count and statistics.
That's because you've just entered the boxset to your database. You should also add the movies contained in the boxset to the database. I have 5 different profiles for The Godfather. The boxset, the first, second and third movie plus a profile for the bonus disc. Then they're all grouped under the profile for the set with the box set feature.

That way I have seperate production years, cast, etc.
Old 01-30-06, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ginwen
Same here.

Once you get them all in, it's not a big deal to maintain the lists. You can easily export from Profiler to Aff. With a little more effort (using the XML file option in Profiler to get all the UPCs--wish they'd include those in the CSV file), it's also not too hard to copy your collection from Profiler to DVD Spot.

If I had to pick one, it'd be Profiler because:
1. I like how it looks
2. I like some of the reports you can generate
3. I like the fact that it's not totally web-based (for example when it did go down, I was still able to use the local version of the program, and when something isn't in there, I can still add it to my list)
Can you export from dvdspot to Profiler?

I have my CSV file all ready to go.
Old 01-30-06, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

DVD Profiler all the way. I have the premium version and I love it.
Old 03-17-06, 12:53 PM

I stumbled upon DVDSpot earlier this week, and I've grown quite fond of it.
Old 03-17-06, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Is there no way to move all of the items in ORDERED to OWNED all at once in DVDSPOT? I've been moving them one by one and it is rather tedious.