Mr. And Mrs. Smith --> November 29th!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Mr. And Mrs. Smith --> November 29th!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-05, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will wait for the 2 disc on this one...any extended scenes with Angelina is alright with me!
Old 08-27-05, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Yep. It was originally rated R. There was a thread in movie talk about it. I will be waiting for the "nudie" version for sure.
What makes you guys so certain that the "unrated" version will be released? Most of Fox's recent double dips, Man On Fire, I Robot have been the same cut but just with more extras. The first test screening they showed was the pg 13 version that was released in the theatres. I can't remember a dvd that was pg 13 in the original cut yet released a few months later with an R rating, even Daredevil: DC was pg-13.
Old 08-27-05, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by matrixrok9
I can't remember a dvd that was pg 13 in the original cut yet released a few months later with an R rating, even Daredevil: DC was pg-13.
From mpaa.org:

Daredevil 1.5 (2003)
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
R Rated R for violence and language.

I'd love to see an unrated cut of Smith, but I was still happy with the version in theaters.
Old 08-27-05, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by matrixrok9
What makes you guys so certain that the "unrated" version will be released? Most of Fox's recent double dips, Man On Fire, I Robot have been the same cut but just with more extras. The first test screening they showed was the pg 13 version that was released in the theatres. I can't remember a dvd that was pg 13 in the original cut yet released a few months later with an R rating, even Daredevil: DC was pg-13.
What makes you think they won't? There is undoubtedly going to be a double-dip as there always is. Why not wait and at least find out? Unrated cuts are all the fad right now, I'm betting we will see one, especially to capitalize on this whole Pitt/Jolie love affair crap. I can see it now:

Mr. & Mrs. Smith: The Version Jennifer Aniston Didn't Want You to See!
Old 08-27-05, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by j_sutton
From mpaa.org:

Daredevil 1.5 (2003)
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
R Rated R for violence and language.

I'd love to see an unrated cut of Smith, but I was still happy with the version in theaters.
Ooops my bad. I checked discountdvd.com and it said it was pg 13. Here's the link
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=FXD021731

It's not that I don't want to wait, it just amazes me how so many members are saying "I'll wait for the "unrated" version" like it's 100% sure it'll be released.
Old 11-16-05, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

DVD producer extraordinaire David Prior, who is responsible for the outstanding special editions of Fight Club, Panic Room, Bad Boys II, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, Se7en, Pearl Harbor, Planet of the Apes, and most recently The Fly, is currently working on the two-disc special edition of Mr. & Mrs. Smith. He says that the content for the special edition release has not yet been completed, nor will it be for a while, so a double dip was actually necessary in this case. He also stated that the first DVD's commentaries will not be carried over to the new release, as it will contain a different cut of the film. No word on a release date yet though. You can read Prior's comments here:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=239397
Old 11-16-05, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fryinpan1
DVD producer extraordinaire David Prior, who is responsible for the outstanding special editions of Fight Club, Panic Room, Bad Boys II, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, Se7en, Pearl Harbor, Planet of the Apes, and most recently The Fly, is currently working on the two-disc special edition of Mr. & Mrs. Smith. He says that the content for the special edition release has not yet been completed, nor will it be for a while, so a double dip was actually necessary in this case. He also stated that the first DVD's commentaries will not be carried over to the new release, as it will contain a different cut of the film. No word on a release date yet though. You can read Prior's comments here:
Thank you for the info. Now I can cross this dvd off my wish list!
Old 11-16-05, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
yeah thank U [FRYINPAN1], wasn't on planning on getting the first release, believing that a second one was coming... now U confirmed it.
Old 11-16-05, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the info. No way I'm waiting for this one, especially with no date. I'll enjoy the 11/29 disc in the meantime, and then pick up this sure-to-be-kickass SE when it comes.
Old 11-16-05, 07:38 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks.
Old 11-16-05, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I usually can't wait for the second editions to come out, snatching up the first and second releases, but I think this time I will actually wait... I've got a long list of DVDs I have never gotten around to watching, so hopefully by then the 2 discer will be out... Loved the movie, but saw it a few times in the theatre, so not in a huge rush to catch it again (same with Fantastic Four...pretty wary of buying any FOX release on the first go around, since they've screwed me so many times in the past).

MATT
Old 11-17-05, 12:51 AM

He also stated that the first DVD's commentaries will not be carried over to the new release, as it will contain a different cut of the film
Awesome! For a while I was worried that we would be teased and teased about it but would never actually get the original R-rated version. (Now I'll just worry about whether or not we'll ever get the longer cut of Kingdom of Heaven.)
Old 11-17-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Should I hold off on a purchase?

Will Fox try to screw me months later and release a 2-disc set?

I think it's pretty fair to say yes.
Old 11-17-05, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Read post #56
Old 11-17-05, 01:16 PM
Banned

If you care about special features you should get both. Plus, you don't know if the original cut will be on the SE. It's a LOTR situation.
Old 12-03-05, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Has anybody actually watched their dvd yet? I was debating about picking this one up due to the double-dip talk. Decided to anyway since can't ensure the original will be on the 2-disc. However, I'm worried about the PQ on this, as the few reviews I found were a bit iffy. I think they compromised too much by putting DD 5.1 and DTS both on the disc.

While I'm on the topic of orignials vs DD, does anybody know where to pick up the original "Bourne Identity" new?
Old 12-03-05, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's funny how people take a double dip as Fox 'screwing' them. You get the movie you love first, then you get a badass release of it later...seems like a pretty good deal for ya.

= J
Old 12-03-05, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Tarantino
It's funny how people take a double dip as Fox 'screwing' them. You get the movie you love first, then you get a badass release of it later...seems like a pretty good deal for ya.
While it doesn't apply to this movie, most of the time FOX will release the 2-disc version in every region except R1 at the same time. We get a 1-disc version first, followed by the 2-disc version in 4-6 months.

I'd say that's pretty screwing the consumer if they're not region-free, wouldn't you agree?
Old 12-03-05, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, that's why there's DVDTalk...knowing about the SE before the one disc comes out sure comes in handy.

Then again, there's always region free players. I guess that's why I'm not bitching.

= J
Old 03-27-06, 05:25 AM

Amazon.com has an unrated special edition available for pre-order with a June 6, 2006 release date.
Old 03-27-06, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Amazon.com has an unrated special edition available for pre-order with a June 6, 2006 release date.
Cool. Thanks for the heads up. Mine's still shrinkwrapped, hadn't got around to watching it.
Old 03-27-06, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
I'm glad I held out on this one. I figured there'd be a double dip.
Old 03-27-06, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Figures. Everybody knew this was coming. I won't be double dipping for this Unrated edition. Only way I double dip, is if there is a bonus feature called, "Virtual Sex With Angelina Jolie".
Old 03-27-06, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I'm glad I held out on this one. I figured there'd be a double dip.
Same here. I can't wait!
Old 03-27-06, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can't wait for the Unrated SE. Itcomes out a day before I go on vacation. So maybe I'll buy it on vacation I'm going to Illinois. Metropolis,IL. The big Superman Celebration.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.