Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Punisher Extended Director's Cut -Some News...Double Dip

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-05, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cameron
From Davisdvd

Bradstreet goes on to say that none of these scenes were originally shot, so the actors will be filmed on a green screen stage with backgrounds added digitally. Presumably this all will take place during the upcoming production of the sequel.
That sounds really stupid and quite cheesy. Hmmm.... let's add scenes to every dvd now using a stage and a fake background since there is little or zero budget left for filming. Not to sound negative as I really liked this movie...but that is LAAAAAAMOOOOOOO
Old 03-28-05, 06:08 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by darmok
i read earlier that they weren't going to film a sequel due to the disappointing box office results of the first one. have they changed their minds?
The sales success of the first film on DVD changed the studio's mind.

Go figure. Now they're going to replace that DVD with a 'new & improved' version.

Personally, I hope a Punisher 1.5 DVD doesn't happen (the movie would be bloated if it had more scenes and it's overall cheese factor would be diminished, IMNSHO).

I do hope the sequel gets made though, because...

Spoiler:
Writer-Director Jonathon Hensleigh, at the end of his commentary, 'pledges' that if he gets the opportunity to do a sequel, it will be in an urban environment like New York. Of course, the commentary was recorded before the film was released, so who knows if he'll actually get the budget for it (or he'll be force to cut corners again). The first film cost $30 million.
Old 03-28-05, 06:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hanumang
I do hope the sequel gets made though, because...

Spoiler:
Writer-Director Jonathon Hensleigh, at the end of his commentary, 'pledges' that if he gets the opportunity to do a sequel, it will be in an urban environment like New York. Of course, the commentary was recorded before the film was released, so who knows if he'll actually get the budget for it (or he'll be force to cut corners again). The first film cost $30 million.
^ That's spoiler worthy?
Old 03-28-05, 08:01 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
^ That's spoiler worthy?
LOL. Not to me, but some people swear that anything speculative is spoiler-tag worthy.

So hey, better to be safe than sorry. Especially among DVD nerds.