Reload this Page >

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow Bonus Disc at WM

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow Bonus Disc at WM

Old 01-24-05, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Simplistic
Me too. I want the t-shirt more than the bonus disc, but having both would be swell!
still undecided on this one...if the bonus disc has any content i'll go with that...the t-shirt is a good deal, but i would hardly ever wear it (not a fan of white t-shirts) but my wife would use it often...still hoping for both.
Old 01-25-05, 09:02 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumping in hopes that somebody has picked this up and can give us the details.
Old 01-25-05, 10:04 AM

http://www.rebelscum.com

Gregg Keefer wrote to say Wal-Mart is offering an exclusive bonus disc with their DVDs that has a featurette titled Anatomy of a Virtual Scene, which is how almost the entire movie was made.
Old 01-25-05, 10:07 AM

Just picked it up and it seems to be different from the Best Buy disc. It has as said above a featurette called Anatomy of a Vitual Scene, plus the three different trailers that were created for Sky Captain. It runs for about 12 minutes, but it's a cool little insight into how we made the movie.

Last edited by JustInsane; 01-25-05 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-25-05, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,398 Likes on 4,380 Posts
Originally Posted by JustInsane
Just picked it up and it seems to be different from the Best Buy disc. It has as said above a featurette called Anatomy of a Vitual Scene, plus the three different trailers that were created for Sky Captain. It runs for about 12 minutes, but it's a cool little insight into how we made the movie.
Thanks for the info. Sounds cool, but non-essential. I'll pick it up if it's the same price as elsewhere.

You helped make the movie?
Old 01-25-05, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Decker
Thanks for the info. Sounds cool, but non-essential. I'll pick it up if it's the same price as elsewhere.

You helped make the movie?

Yeah, I was one of the lighters that worked at WOT Inc.
Old 01-25-05, 11:52 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

At my local Suncoast, they had t-shirts with SKY CAPTAIN as well, but only bundled with FS copies.
Old 01-25-05, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Decker
My local Wal-Mart had it for $14.87. I think it's worth it just to have all the trailers on DVD.

Andrew
Old 01-25-05, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One local wal-mart had it for $16.87, no t-shirt... so I went down the street to another wal-mart... $14.87. Still no shirt, but at least there's the bonus disc. Does this thing really have a $29.99 SRP??
Old 01-25-05, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was so pissed at my local Wal-Mart for only stocking Foolscreen editions of Sky Captain, otherwise, it would have been an easy purchase for me. So, now I guess I have to go elsewhere to purchase a widescreen version.
Old 01-25-05, 06:39 PM
Banned

I go into the local Wal Mart and thought for sure they'd have a display set up near the front door. Nope...but they did have an AvP display set up. So I go back to the electronics department and look for Sky Captain. Only a handful of Fullscreen. So I ask the sales clerk, er they ask me if they could help me, (cause I was starting to look through some stock boxes) and I said, "Do you have Sky Captain in widescreen?" The clerk says, "Yep, walks over to the Fullscreens and pulls one down." I said, "Nope, those are Fullscreen." She said, "Let me go check in the back." She came back later with a couple widescreen. I ask her how many they had. Apparently about the same amout as the fullscreen which was only about 8 or so. So no frelling way they were going to have a T-shirt with this release.
Old 01-25-05, 08:11 PM

On the subject of free t-shirts, when Troy came out a few weeks ago Wal-mart had a free shirt bundled with the movie. Guess what?!? You had to buy foolscreen to get the shirt! (At least at my Wal-mart) It's a bunch of frellin' frackin' bullshit!!!

Take care all!!
Old 01-25-05, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think the reason people were only finding fs with t shirts is because the WS sells out so fast...in suncoast case if they have preorders then the people who preordered get the shirts...whatever is left is put on the shelf with the regular copies...first come first served.

got the wal mart bonus disc, nothing special really, but nice to have the trailers.
Old 01-25-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
I wanted to watch this movie when it came out in the theatre but didn't make it. So I made a blind purchase with the T-Shirt and I'm hoping that I don't end up regretting my decision.
Old 01-25-05, 09:15 PM
Banned

Well, after watching it, make sure your sub can handle a lot of bass. Geez, this movie has a lot of LFE.
Old 01-25-05, 10:00 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Cameron
i think the reason people were only finding fs with t shirts is because the WS sells out so fast...in suncoast case if they have preorders then the people who preordered get the shirts...whatever is left is put on the shelf with the regular copies...first come first served.

Well, I pre-ordered, and didn't get diddly. So...
Old 01-25-05, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
My nearest Wal-Mart had a huge display right next to the AvP display. They had equal amounts of Widescreen and FoolFrame. However, the Widescreen editions were either hidden behind the FoolFrame versions or at the very bottom of the display.

Andrew
Old 01-26-05, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by roger_d
When are they going to stop putting that annoying Widescreen on top of there DVD's?
Honey, I assure you it's quite necessary. I'm glad they put it on the top of *their* DVDs.
Old 01-26-05, 11:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
My nearest Wal-Mart had a huge display right next to the AvP display. They had equal amounts of Widescreen and FoolFrame. However, the Widescreen editions were either hidden behind the FoolFrame versions or at the very bottom of the display.

Andrew
Mine was almost sold out of WS. The stand up display was totally out of WS and I found only two in the general stock area. Given the empty space in the stand up display, I would say there was quite a run on WS copies that morning.

The thing that really gets me is that the price was much higher than other stores, likely due to bonus disc status (was true with Friday Night Lights as well). Another reason Wal-Mart sucks. Even Best Buy doesn't up the price because of the bonus disc.
Old 01-26-05, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by cardaway
The thing that really gets me is that the price was much higher than other stores, likely due to bonus disc status (was true with Friday Night Lights as well). Another reason Wal-Mart sucks. Even Best Buy doesn't up the price because of the bonus disc.

That mustn't be at all Wal-Marts, because the one in Van Nuys, CA was priced at $14.87 for the WS version with the bonus disc.
Old 01-26-05, 01:00 PM

My Wal-Mart (Baldwin Park, CA) had a huge display of "Sky Captain" and "AvP" when you walked in. They had a lot of Full Screen and Widescreen editions (the WS were on the bottom though). None came with the t-shirt; I checked the Cerritos Wal-Mart and had the same discovery. I showed them the Fry's ad and they gave it to me for $14.77 + tax.
Old 01-26-05, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
The Wal-mart in Norwalk CT (northside) had it for $17.98 so I walked. I can't say I'm too surprised as our Wal-mart prices usually are higher than other regions. The only luck I've had was price-matching there on a first week hot price. Since we don't have Fry's near us and BB didn't put the price in their ad (not that 16.99 was some great deal) so I'm out of luck. No problem, I can wait for a good price.
Old 01-26-05, 07:03 PM

I've been to 3 different Wal Marts here in San Diego and they've ALL been sold out of the Widescreen.
Old 01-26-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,310 Likes on 954 Posts
Originally Posted by 37 In A Row
I've been to 3 different Wal Marts here in San Diego and they've ALL been sold out of the Widescreen.
Was one of them at College Grove? Yeah, I went there yesterday and no widescreen. Pretty unusual since I can always find widescreens there.
Old 01-26-05, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Was one of them at College Grove? Yeah, I went there yesterday and no widescreen. Pretty unusual since I can always find widescreens there.
Yeah it was weird! They always have Widescreen and items that are sold out elsewhere.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.