Reload this Page >

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow Bonus Disc at WM

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow Bonus Disc at WM

Old 01-26-05, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,309 Likes on 953 Posts
Originally Posted by 37 In A Row
Yeah it was weird! They always have Widescreen and items that are sold out elsewhere.
I was thinking of going back in a few days to see if it gets restocked.

I guess San Diego loves their Widescreen
Old 01-26-05, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine only had Fullscreens, and very few, none were displayed on a large standup like AVP and Aladdin. It was just in the corner of the dvd section, like 8 FF copies...
Old 01-27-05, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went to 2 WM in my area and both have FS only. I took on over the the person working in the DVD dept. and asked if they had any WS, they said no they didn't so i just layed it back where i got it from in from of the person and walked away and said thanks. I ended up getting WS at CC.
Old 01-27-05, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They had 5 rows of this at my Wally World. 3.5 were fullscreen.

I found my widescreen with the bonus disc for $14.97.
Old 01-27-05, 03:53 PM

Anatomy of a Virtual Scene

I finally broke down and purchased the WS edition of SCWT dvd in Widescreen with the Walmart Bonus Disc. For the record here in VT they're selling it for $19.99. Originally I was only going to rent this film, but the enticement of the Bonus Disc prompted my final purchase decision.
Bottom Line: The Bonus Disc: Anatomy of A Virtual Scene running time slots in at 7:55 seconds. That does not include the three trailers: 2 threatrical and 1 television. So you decide on whether it's worth the investment.
Also while I've got your attention there is an Easter Egg on the main disc. If you follow these directions you'll see an amusing 3 minute behind the scenes clip. Go to Main Menu, highlight Special Features, then go to second page of Features. Highlight the menu entry for ORIGINAL SIX MINUTE SHORT. Now press the left arrow key so EXTRA banner on newspaper is highlighted. Press Enter Key.
Enjoy

Last edited by TheDoug; 01-27-05 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-27-05, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Perserverance pays off as I went back to Wal-Mart and finally nabbed a copy of Sky Captain in widescreen with the bonus disc. They had replenished the entire Sky captain DVD display, and out of the 100 or so copies, about 30 were widescreen, and only 3 were widescreen with the bonus disc. All of the fullscreen copies had the bonus disc. Damn, how sad is that? At least it was $14.99 this week.
Old 01-28-05, 07:25 PM

TO or anyone else in the San Diego area - I picked up a Widescreen version with the bonus disc last night at the new Wal Mart off Clairemont Mesa Blvd. They did have some non-bonus disc Widescreen discs as well. And tons of Full Screen!
Old 01-28-05, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,309 Likes on 953 Posts
Originally Posted by 37 In A Row
TO or anyone else in the San Diego area - I picked up a Widescreen version with the bonus disc last night at the new Wal Mart off Clairemont Mesa Blvd. They did have some non-bonus disc Widescreen discs as well. And tons of Full Screen!
I already picked one up at The Grove. They didn't have any with the bonus disc. Yep, I checked all of 'em. Oh well, still a good price. I appreciate the heads-up!
Old 01-30-05, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

off topic a bit, but i noticed Costco carries this title with a bonus deck of playing cards.